Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 191 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13
 Woman kills man - Road Rage 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Selador wrote:
For sure it was a happy end for him.

Now he is no longer a slave to the unreasonable rage that possessed him.

He never was a slave, if he could control himself from boxing in a motorcycle cop or outlaw biker he can control himself from doing it to a smallish woman. Never a slave, all conscious choice

Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:57 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Not that it matters, but it would be interesting to know the guy's history.

I mean, he was 60 or something, right?

You usually don't go through life for 60 years without incident, and then, all-of-a-sudden, become a raging loon attacking a small woman in the middle of the highway.

I'm just curious as to whether he had any other incidents in his past.

Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:09 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

NWGunner wrote:
Not that it matters, but it would be interesting to know the guy's history.

I mean, he was 60 or something, right?

You usually don't go through life for 60 years without incident, and then, all-of-a-sudden, become a raging loon attacking a small woman in the middle of the highway.

I'm just curious as to whether he had any other incidents in his past.

Sixty years old is pretty friggin old to be attacking people on the side of the highway. I guess when you get to that age you've either had sixty years to mellow & acquire some wisdom or, on the other hand, sixty years of practicing being a full-tilt jerk-off. My guess is this guy chose the latter path in life.

I'm sorry to hear that the victim is having lasting health effects from the attack and hope that she gets better. Glad that she was able to defend herself effectively before this guy had a chance to do further harm to her.

Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:25 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

EMNofSeattle wrote:
Selador wrote:

He never was a slave, if he could control himself from boxing in a motorcycle cop or outlaw biker he can control himself from doing it to a smallish woman. Never a slave, all conscious choice

Agreed, but kinda moot.

Anyone who IS a slave to rage... Is so, by choice.

In every situation... EVERY... You make a choice. Do I respond in anger? Or do I respond in love, or kindness? Doesn't matter what the circumstances are, or how dire the consequences. You can always choose to respond in kindness.

Making the choice to respond in rage, is the weakest thing you can do. It doesn't take a strong person to respond in rage. It takes a spineless, lazy, irresponsible person to respond in rage. The same person is easily enslaved by rage, because of their propensity to abdicate responsibility for their own actions. (Even such a one as this realizes what the consequences will be for their rage in a biker bar, or in front of a cop, etc. This is not taking responsibility. Or not being a slave to rage. This is just more spinelessness. They still let the rage control them. They just don't let it show because they know they'll get the crap beat out of them.)

In the end... 6 of one, half a dozen of the other. Or... Moot. And picking out a bit of the statement to take umbrage with. (But a good opportunity to point out the choice that was made. Thank you. :bigsmile: )

Also maybe a good chance to point out a parallel, or corrolary example.

When one reads a thread here... They are just reading words on the screen. There are none of the clues you get when talking face to face with someone. The facial expressions, and/or inflections in voice, for example. So it is easy to find insult, where none was intended.

Far too often that is exactly what happens.

When you read something, if your first reaction is to feel insulted... take some time. Refuse to just assume it was intended as an insult. Or attack. Read it again. Try to read it from a different viewpoint. Ask some questions to get verification.

If in the end, you find out that it was in fact, intended as an insult, or attack... Realize that you STILL are not obligated to receive the insult.

Some famous guy once said, an insult is like a present. If you accept it, you own it. If you don't accept it, it was never yours.

It is entirely possible to just realize that it is that person's loss, and to move on. Just walk away from it.

For instance... You and I... ("You" being a universal you. Not a personal one. :bigsmile: )

My intentions toward you, are to be as helpful as I can. In the end, I want to know that I have done everything I can, to make your life a better one. This is honestly my goal. It is where my heart is.

If you insult and attack me... And in the end, I walk away... I will never be able to do any good thing for you, from that point on. You have rejected me, and obviously wouldn't accept any good from me, anyway.

That makes your insult or attack on me... Your loss.

~~~~~~~

And last, but not least... I know some people are going to look at this post as just a bunch of pontification.

That would be their loss, and I wish the best for them, anyway.

I do hope that at least I haven't insulted anyone. And I do hope some of it makes sense to at least a few here.

And oh yeah... I am the FIRST to admit, there have been plenty of times when I have made the wrong choices, myself. :bigsmile: Those are exceptions that prove the rule. LOL

How can I help you, and/or make you smile, today?

You are entitled to your opinion. You are not entitled to tell me what mine must be.

Do justice. Love mercy.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” ~ Richard P. Feynman

Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:36 am
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

She just joined NWFF on Facebook. She stated when she pulled over that it was because traffic had stopped. She didn’t know he got out of his car till he was right on her. Fight to pulling the trigger was ~10 seconds and that included him bashing her head in the ground a few times with the helmet on.

I’m glad she carries a gun. I’m not sure many people would have come to her aid before she was dead.

Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Join the NRA
Firearms Policy Coalition

Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:29 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

BadKarma wrote:
She just joined NWFF on Facebook. She stated when she pulled over that it was because traffic had stopped. She didn’t know he got out of his car till he was right on her. Fight to pulling the trigger was ~10 seconds and that included him bashing her head in the ground a few times with the helmet on.

I’m glad she carries a gun. I’m not sure many people would have come to her aid before she was dead.

NWFF?

Yeah most people will never stop, you can’t count on someone helping you because they’ll see your fight and not want to get involved. Years ago I got out of my car to stop a mugging that was happening in Aberdeen, on US12 right after you clear the cantilever bridge and are approaching the WalMart and the Aberdeen hotel, I pulled over and got out and started yelling and the guy run off,

It was certainly exciting, but incredibly dangerous and a friend of mine later said I was really stupid to have done that... meh

If this thing went down in ten seconds, no one realizes that’s how fast these things happen. My brother is a pilot and they have this safety video “178 seconds to live” about a pilot flying in weather he’s not qualified for and crashing, and you can probably recreate this video for a deadly force encounter 17.8 seconds to live because help is too far away and the events are unfolding too fast.

https://youtu.be/b7t4IR-3mSo

Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:51 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Selador wrote:
EMNofSeattle wrote:
Selador wrote:

Agreed, but kinda moot.

Anyone who IS a slave to rage... Is so, by choice.

In every situation... EVERY... You make a choice. Do I respond in anger? Or do I respond in love, or kindness? Doesn't matter what the circumstances are, or how dire the consequences. You can always choose to respond in kindness.

Making the choice to respond in rage, is the weakest thing you can do. It doesn't take a strong person to respond in rage. It takes a spineless, lazy, irresponsible person to respond in rage. The same person is easily enslaved by rage, because of their propensity to abdicate responsibility for their own actions. (Even such a one as this realizes what the consequences will be for their rage in a biker bar, or in front of a cop, etc. This is not taking responsibility. Or not being a slave to rage. This is just more spinelessness. They still let the rage control them. They just don't let it show because they know they'll get the crap beat out of them.)

In the end... 6 of one, half a dozen of the other. Or... Moot. And picking out a bit of the statement to take umbrage with. (But a good opportunity to point out the choice that was made. Thank you. :bigsmile: )

Also maybe a good chance to point out a parallel, or corrolary example.

When one reads a thread here... They are just reading words on the screen. There are none of the clues you get when talking face to face with someone. The facial expressions, and/or inflections in voice, for example. So it is easy to find insult, where none was intended.

Far too often that is exactly what happens.

When you read something, if your first reaction is to feel insulted... take some time. Refuse to just assume it was intended as an insult. Or attack. Read it again. Try to read it from a different viewpoint. Ask some questions to get verification.

If in the end, you find out that it was in fact, intended as an insult, or attack... Realize that you STILL are not obligated to receive the insult.

Some famous guy once said, an insult is like a present. If you accept it, you own it. If you don't accept it, it was never yours.

It is entirely possible to just realize that it is that person's loss, and to move on. Just walk away from it.

For instance... You and I... ("You" being a universal you. Not a personal one. :bigsmile: )

My intentions toward you, are to be as helpful as I can. In the end, I want to know that I have done everything I can, to make your life a better one. This is honestly my goal. It is where my heart is.

If you insult and attack me... And in the end, I walk away... I will never be able to do any good thing for you, from that point on. You have rejected me, and obviously wouldn't accept any good from me, anyway.

That makes your insult or attack on me... Your loss.

~~~~~~~

And last, but not least... I know some people are going to look at this post as just a bunch of pontification.

That would be their loss, and I wish the best for them, anyway.

I do hope that at least I haven't insulted anyone. And I do hope some of it makes sense to at least a few here.

And oh yeah... I am the FIRST to admit, there have been plenty of times when I have made the wrong choices, myself. :bigsmile: Those are exceptions that prove the rule. LOL

I apologize, I didn’t mean to flip you **** it’s just that phrasing bothers me.

It appears we have no real disagreement

Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:55 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

BadKarma wrote:

Thanks for passing that on. Certainly clarifies why she was "pulled over". My friend was being incredibly judgemental about her stopping. And I explained many many many times to him, he has no idea why she pulled over so he shouldn't be judging that action.

Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:45 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'd much rather be on foot than on 2 wheels in traffic. A bump from a gas pedal will send you flying or trapped under a 300lb+ bike.

Ever seen the police use their bicycles as a shield? Yeah, they are off the bike.

Not sure why anyone would judge even if she pulled over purposefully. Not everyone is Valentino Rossi or those crazy ass russian lane splitters. Someone further up could pull a separate road rage seeing a stupid fucking motorcyclist get past everyone stuck in traffic, not knowing what the rider is trying to get away from.

And why the fuck was the assumption that she pulled over? Just because the bike was upright in the photo? Jeebuz Lice, I don't care what just happened, anyone with decent riding experience feels the pain of a bike on its side and we gotta put the rubber side down. Did anyone stop and think maybe someone stood the bike up?

Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:06 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

It's my understanding that both the bike and car was moved over, AFTER the shoot.

From a blog: Political Correctness - the belief that one can pick up a turd by the clean end.

Benjamin Franklin: It is the (civic) responsibility of every citizen to question authority.

Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:11 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

It was my understanding that she was stuck in traffic and couldn't go when he got out of the car.

Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:53 pm
Reply to topic   [ 191 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13