Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:22 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 191 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
 Woman kills man - Road Rage 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

dreadi wrote:
PMB wrote:
This is a very interesting (and important) topic for all of us who rely on ourselves for our own security.
This thread should be about our understandings of the law and how it is applied, not a crucifixion based on incomplete knowledge.

The same types of questions should be asked about self-defense using any tool... a knife, a crowbar, a frozen chicken.

Yes. This thread has had me thinking there's a few people I would like to have removed during jury selection if I'm ever on trial.

No kidding.....

Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:20 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

TechnoWeenie wrote:
Ops wrote:
Well I remember a incident in a Walmart parking lot posted here.

You heard a dramatic retelling by 8 people who changed the story every time it was told....

Some chick was pulling the wrong way through into a parking spot, it looked like she was leaving, so I waited for a second... She just sat there, facing the wrong way...

So I hopped out and asked her if she was coming or going, she spazzed, I found another parking spot... PD came up a couple minutes later and said some lady went crazy because someone asked her if she was staying there or not. FedWay PD laughed, complimented my truck, and that was it.

Quote:
but trolling her picture, that's classy

Trolling her picture?

That's the only picture I have, and it came from a GoFundMe page....

Um no, You are way underplaying what you said in the thread. I remember that thread clearly and how you described it. That one was all on you.

Sun Feb 11, 2018 5:05 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Duke EB wrote:
TechnoWeenie wrote:
Ops wrote:

You heard a dramatic retelling by 8 people who changed the story every time it was told....

Some chick was pulling the wrong way through into a parking spot, it looked like she was leaving, so I waited for a second... She just sat there, facing the wrong way...

So I hopped out and asked her if she was coming or going, she spazzed, I found another parking spot... PD came up a couple minutes later and said some lady went crazy because someone asked her if she was staying there or not. FedWay PD laughed, complimented my truck, and that was it.

Quote:

Trolling her picture?

Um no, You are way underplaying what you said in the thread. I remember that thread clearly and how you described it. That one was all on you.

I'll just leave this here. We've only been talking about this for years. Middle to bottom of page is some of what's being talked about. Actual events are earlier in the thread, but the whole thread is a prime example.

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=50499&p=440086&hilit=Technoweenie+Walmart#p440086

Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:05 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Jeremy1988 wrote:
You guys are all ridiculous and just a bunch of keyboard warriors. She is a friend of mine and would never hurt anyone unless she was in fear for he safety. She is defineately not 5'11. She did exactly what I would've done in that situation

Well............

On another note, WELCOME Jeremy1988 to WaGuns!

His first post!

Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:06 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Duke EB wrote:
TechnoWeenie wrote:
Ops wrote:

Quote:

Trolling her picture?

Oh, dude, you're totally right... I forgot that I asked her politely if she could do me a favor and back up into the spot she's supposed to be in so I could park in a spot properly...since she was facing the wrong way. Fuck me for being calm, assertive, and asking a fucking question....I should totally have yelled 'stop resisting, drop the gun' and shot her.. Then I'd have the parking space....

My fault for asking a question, my fault for some guy losing control, hitting my work rig, and flipping it, my fault for some guy peeling rubber through an intersection, my fault for having someone steal a parking spot at Burlington, my fault for getting sideswiped by people not checking mirrors, my fault for everything.... got it....

Who was it here that complained that I had parked 'all the way up at the front' at Winco and 'made his mother walk', when I was parked in a legal, non-handicapped spot? Fuck me for not being clairvoyant and parking in an open spot...

zombie66 wrote:
Or here is one, the guy this past Saturday night who parked his stupid Mil-Spec Pavement Pounder in one of the very front parking stalls at Winco just so he didn't have to walk an extra 50 yards to load his Top Ramen in through the Top Gun mount. Its ok though my 78 year old Mom that had to park out in the back 40 really needed the extra exercise, the freezing temps this time of year do wonders on her joints.

Yup, totally my fault for parking in a legal parking spot....

So, are we done with the 'let's fuck with Weenie and make shit up and blow shit out of proportion hour'?

Cuz it'd be great if we could stay on topic.... But hey, if you wanna rehash me asking someone a simple question, and their subsequent overreaction, be my guest..... Through PM.... Where I'd be happy to ignore you...

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:13 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

There has already been one person given a vacation because of this thread... Do you want more? especially on Sinus211's BIRTHDAY? Keep it up and that wish may be granted. This isn't about Techno, or NWGunner, or anybody other than the people involved in the incident. Keep it on topic, take it to PM's, or take a vacation. I'll leave that choice up to you all.

Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:31 pm
Profile WWW
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Massivedesign wrote:
Do you want more? especially on Sinus211's BIRTHDAY?

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Well now that depends, does sinus get to choose who goes on vacation...? :bigsmile:

But seriously guys it's Sunday. Let's all rub one out and get a good night of sleep before work tomorrow, huh?

Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:56 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

sinus211 wrote:
But seriously guys it's Sunday. Let's all rub one out and get a good night of sleep before work tomorrow, huh?

Wanna know how I know you're married? :bigsmile:

Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:14 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

NWGunner wrote:
Duke EB wrote:
TechnoWeenie wrote:
Ops wrote:

Quote:

Trolling her picture?

I'll just leave this here. We've only been talking about this for years. Middle to bottom of page is some of what's being talked about. Actual events are earlier in the thread, but the whole thread is a prime example.

https://www.waguns.org/viewtopic.php?f= ... rt#p440086

Now I miss Russoarmo and Kmf alphabet

Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:29 pm

Sad fact is the gentleman in the vehicle swerved towards the motorcyclist.

Mock attempt or otherwise. Regardless. Brings back memories of when someone purposefully swerved into a bike on 512 awhile back and made them crash into the cable barriers.

Those of us who navigate cage free need our heads on a swivel. Prayers sent to all for safe travels.

Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:52 pm
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer

Young Dreadi 1997
Motorcyle Accident In A Parking Lot-The Aftermath

NSFW

Spoiler: show
Imagescan002 by dreadi X, on Flickr

Imagescan005 by dreadi X, on Flickr

Imagescan006_ by dreadi X, on Flickr

I was not at fault and my leg was almost amputated.

1911 Pistolsmithing
Firearm Refinishing
GLOCK Certified Armorer
CMMG Authorized Dealer
NEMO Arms Authorized Dealer
http://www.blackhammerarms.com
http://www.facebook.com/blackhammerarms
https://www.instagram.com/blackhammerarms/

Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:37 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

PMB wrote:
UpDog wrote:
I challenge anyone here to please cite an actual case where social media/forum posts (evidence?) were used to build a case where the "evidence" was not directly related to the crime the accused was tried for.

Please. Otherwise can we stop with the #fakeadvice.

I think we are in agreement on the basic idea... Hearsay is running amok here.

Your request was for " 'evidence' not directly related to the crime the accused was tried for" ... But that is an interesting distinction.
I haven't searched for a specific case, but a simple Google search for "criminal cases involving evidence obtained via social media" gives a few leads.
Social media posts are used by the government for several things besides criminal prosecution, such as data to be considered for immigration, security background checks, and espionage.
I will try to find a case in which a person's character has been bolstered or maligned by their own words, or the words of their facialbook friends. It seems pretty clear that prosecutors can easily use a person's posts to "paint a picture" for the jury.

https://blog.x1discovery.com/2012/11/16 ... tigations/
Quote:
Below is a sampling of five recent criminal cases that illustrate both the importance of social media evidence to crime fighting and the diverse nature of cases involved. The published court opinions are publicly available via the hyperlink:

https://linklawphilly.com/social-media- ... osecutors/

This is what we should be trying to avoid:
Quote:
Trial by social media has become increasingly concerning for those working in the criminal justice system.

Activity on Facebook and Twitter can pose a threat to prosecutions and the right to a fair trial through practices such as sharing photos of the accused before an indictment, creation of hate groups, or jurors sharing their thoughts about a case online.

http://theconversation.com/social-media ... ugly-66397

PMB, I apologize for not responding earlier. I usually don't post in an intelligent matter (with cites and quotes) on mobile because it's just troublesome and a terrible experience.

I have taken a look at your link to 5 cases and found one that relates to my argument however it is not clear cut.

Quote:
Hoffman v. State

In Hoffman, an 18-year old female was convicted of vehicular manslaughter. The Court enhanced her sentence when the prosecution introduced into evidence her MySpace page with photos and comments glamorizing alcohol abuse.

Upon reading the notes:

http://scholar.google.com/scholar_case?case=9009502503764244123&q=%5B+facebook+OR+myspace+OR+linkedin+OR+twitter+OR+tumblr+%5D%3B+All+courts&hl=en&as_sdt=2006&as_ylo=2012

There are several notes that need to be taken as a whole.

Quote:
3. In June 2010, Hoffman pled guilty to Manslaughter. In the days immediately before her plea, Hoffman was arrested twice for "alcohol-related offenses." On September 10, 2010, she was sentenced to nine years of incarceration. At the sentencing hearing, the Superior Court judge described photographs taken from Hoffman's MySpace.com account as "glamoriz[ing] alcohol . . . [and] serv[ing] as a very painful . . . devastatingly painful insult to [the victim's] family in some of the obscenities and the pictures." Among the aggravating factors cited by the court were Hoffman's attempt to hide the alcohol after the accident rather than provide aid to the victim, her online postings, her marijuana use and, in the sentencing order, her "undue depreciation of the offense."

From this, I can safely assume she was not in custody before the hearing after the December 9th, 2009 collision. From the original collision, it was found that:

Quote:
Test results indicated that Hoffman's bloodstream contained "marijuana metabolites" and alcohol at levels of 11 ng/ml and .157 g/dl, respectively. Hoffman was 18 years old at the time of the accident.

Alcohol and marijuana metabolites (whatever the fuck that is), is directly related to this event as factors.

Next:

Quote:
4. On December 6, 2010, Hoffman requested modification of her sentence, on the ground that the Superior Court had based its sentencing decision on inaccurate facts. Specifically, Hoffman claimed that she attempted to help the victim, and that the pictures were posted online before (not after) the accident. In response to Hoffman's motion to amend, the Superior Court reduced her prison sentence by one year (to eight years in total).[1] In a July 11, 2011 amended sentencing order, the court cited Hoffman's effort to aid the victim and the fact that the online pictures were posted before the accident as reasons for the modification, but the court nonetheless considered as an aggravating factor Hoffman's failure to remove the online pictures after the accident.[2]

So judging from this, I can safely assume the posts were used as a sentence enhancement, but not as evidence of the crime. Next up, the court says fuck you:

Quote:
5. On July 14, 2001 Hoffman filed a motion for clarification, stating that defense counsel understood the modified sentencing order "to indicate that even though the Court now agrees the contaminating postings were pre-accident . . . the posting, nonetheless, was weighted [sic] as an aggravator vis-à-vis sentencing." The record does not disclose any response from the Superior Court. On August 11, 2011, Hoffman filed a new motion, recasting her clarification motion as a motion for reargument. The Superior Court denied the motion for reargument on September 27, 2011. This appeal (filed October 10, 2011) followed.

*fuck you says the court*

Here's an important note:

Quote:
12. Hoffman also challenges the Superior Court's consideration of pictures on her MySpace.com page that depicted Hoffman drinking. Again, in explaining its reduction of Hoffman's sentence, the Superior Court stated that it "probably" would not have weighed the "undue depreciation of the offense" aggravator as heavily if it had known the pictures were posted before the accident, rather than after. But, the Superior Court still considered Hoffman's posting the pictures, including her failure to remove the pictures post-accident, to be an aggravating factor, especially given the fact that the victim's family viewed the pictures after the accident. The Superior Court did not abuse its discretion by making that finding.

Great, because some people went and viewed some photos of a hoe drinking or whatever (alcohol related), her sentence was enhanced (later reduced). It seems if not for the fact that the family viewed it and got #triggered, this would not have been part of the case. Seems the court would have been fine if she had just privated'd that myspace page or removed the photos "in consideration of the victims family".

My point is, not a slam dunk nor was it concrete evidence. Even more not-slam dunk because she plead guilty to manslaughter anyway.

The other post that you made with the graphic of how social media is used, describes mostly "identifying" stuff, to assist the authorities find persons of interest, connections. The only portion of that graphic that related to my argument was the 3rd, "gather photos or statements to corroborate evidence". But notice that it says corroborate?

My question is, should anyone that practices drawing and firing on a target instantly guilty of premeditated murder if they happen to get into a situation where that happens? It all depends.

Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:19 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Sadly, two facts to this incident hold truth;
1-We're all armchair quarterbacking, and all FACTS have yet to be released, and there's nothing wrong with that, it creates conversation and practical exercise scenarios.
2-Unless you've put more than a few thousand miles on a bike, you have absolutely zero idea what it's like to ride fully unprotected amongst vehicles and, generally, their actions towards a motorcycle. Owning a bike for a couple of years doesn't give a large amount of information, thousands an thousands of miles does.

I honestly do have well over 100k miles on a bike, well over, for the past 38 years.
Many of those years were spent at redline and wild, which garners distrust and disrespect of cagers, which I fully understand AND agree with.(trying to hurt or kill a rider a big no no)
Which brings up a negative perception of a motorcycle rider when a few does some sketchy unsafe shit on the road, which tends to lead towards a confrontation when a cager feels slighted and has a bit of anger/control issues.
Being a rider, very safe rider these days, I get to see, and I am more aware, of the actions of a cager with issues against anyone on a bike, regardless of that riders riding style. But I also have seen a much more negative perception of the "crotch rocket" style bikes, have yet to see a grey haired old guy on a huge Honda get any flak.
We do not know what led up to the contact, yet. REGARDLESS, physical contact was wrong on both sides, and he was shot solely due to that fact.
If it'd been a 300lb rider on a Harley, the guy would've never approached the rider, being a young girl......guy had control issues, at least my opinion.
A couple things I myself perceived when I first read about this, what did she do prior that pissed off the cager, why didn't she try to get away, and if she couldn't have gotten away due to crashed bike or traffic why get into physical contact... whether I am right in my assumption, doesn't make me wrong to make that judgement, just not fully informed like the rest of us.

If anything to remember from this, don't get into a physical altercation.
Unless there's a gun to your head, walk/run away an let the police sort it out as only your family is worth dying for.

Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:12 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

[quote]
Young Dreadi 1997

[size=200][b]NSFW[/b][/size]

[spoiler][url=https://flic.kr/p/49Metu][img]https://farm3.staticflickr.com/2017/2068427638_75cd48f375_z.jpg?zz=1[/img][/url][url=https://flic.kr/p/49Metu]scan002[/url] by [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/danamorgan/]dreadi X[/url], on Flickr[/spoiler]

[spoiler][url=https://flic.kr/p/49HakD][img]https://farm3.staticflickr.com/2275/2067633279_fe6dba5ee2_z.jpg[/img][/url][url=https://flic.kr/p/49HakD]scan005[/url] by [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/danamorgan/]dreadi X[/url], on Flickr[/spoiler]

[spoiler][url=https://flic.kr/p/49Hamk][img]https://farm3.staticflickr.com/2154/2067633319_2d387b205f_z.jpg?zz=1[/img][/url][url=https://flic.kr/p/49Hamk]scan006_[/url] by [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/danamorgan/]dreadi X[/url], on Flickr[/spoiler]

I was not at fault and my leg was almost amputated.[/quote]

Damn Dana! Didn't realize how bad it was when you said it!
Like I said, doesn't take any speed to get hurt, bad.
Force-energy is all it takes, flesh doesn't stop a damn thing.
You'll get the itch again, but you loose your cool factor riding a Goldwing with dreads.....

Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:36 am

STED9R wrote:
dreadi wrote:
Young Dreadi 1997

NSFW

Imagescan002 by dreadi X, on Flickr

Imagescan005 by dreadi X, on Flickr

Imagescan006_ by dreadi X, on Flickr

I was not at fault and my leg was almost amputated.

Damn Dana! Didn't realize how bad it was when you said it!
Like I said, doesn't take any speed to get hurt, bad.
Force-energy is all it takes, flesh doesn't stop a damn thing.
You'll get the itch again, but you loose your cool factor riding a Goldwing with dreads.....

Yeah, bruh. Scared for life. Chicks dig it....I never lost the itch...and there's only one cure. But that $40k Harley up the road sure does look nice. I think it would make a great 1911 accessory.

1911 Pistolsmithing
Firearm Refinishing
GLOCK Certified Armorer
CMMG Authorized Dealer
NEMO Arms Authorized Dealer
http://www.blackhammerarms.com
http://www.facebook.com/blackhammerarms
https://www.instagram.com/blackhammerarms/

Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:03 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 191 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next