Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:58 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 334 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 23  Next
 shooter in custody- FL - High school - Broward Couty 
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

movingviolation wrote:
PMB wrote:
JFC...
Seriously, I just can't wrap my head around what is going on in this country. I have had more WTF moments in the last 2 weeks than in the previous year.

here is another one for ya'

Quote:
NEWFOUNDLAND, Pa.
A Pennsylvania school district says it's canceling classes at an elementary school because a church down the street is hosting a ceremony featuring AR-15 rifles.

World Peace and Unification Sanctuary in Newfoundland is encouraging couples to bring their AR-15 rifles to a commitment ceremony. The church believes the AR-15 symbolizes the "rod of iron" in the biblical book of Revelation.

The superintendent of the Wallenpaupack Area School District says "there is no direct threat." But he wrote in a letter to parents that given concerns about parking, traffic and the "nature of the event," students will be bused to schools about 15 miles (24 km) away.

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/national/school-close-for-church-ceremony-featuring-rifles/PHfwQe4XptvpLvOZlKENAK/

Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:44 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

15 miles away? Maybe ok for a .22LR, but a fuking war machine AR-15. Yeah, that's not enough.

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:49 am
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Pablo wrote:
15 miles away? Maybe ok for a .22LR, but a fuking war machine AR-15. Yeah, that's not enough.

:ROFLMAO:
Quote:
The superintendent of the Wallenpaupack Area School District says "there is no direct threat." But he wrote in a letter to parents that given concerns about parking, traffic and the "nature of the event," students will be bused to schools about 15 miles (24 km) away.

I guess I should be reassured that there is such enthusiasm that parking will be tough to find.
Because schools employees usually don't have a parking lot, right?
And where are all those elementary aged school children going to park that day?

Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:51 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

PMB wrote:
movingviolation wrote:
PMB wrote:
JFC...
Seriously, I just can't wrap my head around what is going on in this country. I have had more WTF moments in the last 2 weeks than in the previous year.

Quote:
NEWFOUNDLAND, Pa.
A Pennsylvania school district says it's canceling classes at an elementary school because a church down the street is hosting a ceremony featuring AR-15 rifles.

World Peace and Unification Sanctuary in Newfoundland is encouraging couples to bring their AR-15 rifles to a commitment ceremony. The church believes the AR-15 symbolizes the "rod of iron" in the biblical book of Revelation.

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/national/school-close-for-church-ceremony-featuring-rifles/PHfwQe4XptvpLvOZlKENAK/

Ignorance as a point of view.... :wink05:

How can I help you, and/or make you smile, today?

You are entitled to your opinion. You are not entitled to tell me what mine must be.

Do justice. Love mercy.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” ~ Richard P. Feynman

Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:25 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

PMB wrote:
Pablo wrote:

:ROFLMAO:
Quote:

I guess I should be reassured that there is such enthusiasm that parking will be tough to find.
Because schools employees usually don't have a parking lot, right?
And where are all those elementary aged school children going to park that day?

A well regulated parking system, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and park cars, shall not be infringed.

Spoiler: show
"Half the harm that is done in this world is due to people who want to feel important. They don't mean to do harm -- but the harm does not interest them. Or they do not see it, or they justify it because they are absorbed in the endless struggle to think well of themselves." – T.S. Eliot

"The right of self defence is the first law of nature: in most governments it has been the study of rulers to confine this right within the narrowest limits possible. Wherever standing armies are kept up, and the right of the people to keep and bear arms is, under any colour or pretext whatsoever, prohibited, liberty, if not already annihilated, is on the brink of destruction." - St. George Tucker

A careful definition of words would destroy half the agenda of the political left and scrutinizing evidence would destroy the other half. - Thomas Sowell

"To ban guns because criminals use them is to tell the innocent and law-abiding that their rights and liberties depend not on their own conduct, but on the conduct of the guilty and the lawless, and that the law will permit them to have only such rights and liberties as the lawless will allow...

For society does not control crime, ever, by forcing the law-abiding to accommodate themselves to the expected behavior of criminals. Society controls crime by forcing the criminals to accommodate themselves to the expected behavior of the law-abiding." - Jeff Snyder

Personal weapons are what raised mankind out of the mud, and the rifle is the queen of personal weapons. The possession of a good rifle, as well as the skill to use it well, truly makes a man the monarch of all he surveys. It realizes the ancient dream of the Jovian thunderbolt, and as such it is the embodiment of personal power. For this reason it exercises a curious influence over the minds of most men, and in its best examples it constitutes an object of affection unmatched by any other inanimate object.

Jeff Cooper
1997 The Art of the Rifle Page 1.

SUGGEST CASE BE SUBMITTED ON APPELLANT'S BRIEF. UNABLE TO OBTAIN ANY MONEY FROM CLIENTS TO BE PRESENT & ARGUE BRIEF.

The defense attorney's telegram to the clerk of the Supreme Court, March 29, 1939, in re United States. v. Miller.

You don't need to go to Law School to understand the constitutional implications of that.

“You can’t cut the throat of every cocksucker whose character it would improve.”
cityslicker wrote:
I don't want to be told that I can't remove the tree by some tree-hugging pole smoker from the eat-a-dick foundation/Olympia/King County.

Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:56 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The dumbing down of society seems to be going swimmingly.

Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:18 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Incompetence Wasn't the Problem in Broward County

https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2018/02/incompetence_wasnt_the_problem_in_broward_county.html

Quote:
In November 2013, Sundance first reported that Broward County was "willing to jump on the diversionary bandwagon." As an attached Associated Press article noted, "One of the nation's largest school districts has reached an agreement with law enforcement agencies and the NAACP to reduce the number of students being charged with crimes for minor offenses." The goal, as the article explained, was to create an alternative to the zero-tolerance policies then in place by giving principals, not law enforcement, the authority to determine the nature of the offense.

"Half the harm that is done in this world is due to people who want to feel important. They don't mean to do harm -- but the harm does not interest them. Or they do not see it, or they justify it because they are absorbed in the endless struggle to think well of themselves." – T.S. Eliot

"The right of self defence is the first law of nature: in most governments it has been the study of rulers to confine this right within the narrowest limits possible. Wherever standing armies are kept up, and the right of the people to keep and bear arms is, under any colour or pretext whatsoever, prohibited, liberty, if not already annihilated, is on the brink of destruction." - St. George Tucker

A careful definition of words would destroy half the agenda of the political left and scrutinizing evidence would destroy the other half. - Thomas Sowell

"To ban guns because criminals use them is to tell the innocent and law-abiding that their rights and liberties depend not on their own conduct, but on the conduct of the guilty and the lawless, and that the law will permit them to have only such rights and liberties as the lawless will allow...

For society does not control crime, ever, by forcing the law-abiding to accommodate themselves to the expected behavior of criminals. Society controls crime by forcing the criminals to accommodate themselves to the expected behavior of the law-abiding." - Jeff Snyder

Personal weapons are what raised mankind out of the mud, and the rifle is the queen of personal weapons. The possession of a good rifle, as well as the skill to use it well, truly makes a man the monarch of all he surveys. It realizes the ancient dream of the Jovian thunderbolt, and as such it is the embodiment of personal power. For this reason it exercises a curious influence over the minds of most men, and in its best examples it constitutes an object of affection unmatched by any other inanimate object.

Jeff Cooper
1997 The Art of the Rifle Page 1.

SUGGEST CASE BE SUBMITTED ON APPELLANT'S BRIEF. UNABLE TO OBTAIN ANY MONEY FROM CLIENTS TO BE PRESENT & ARGUE BRIEF.

The defense attorney's telegram to the clerk of the Supreme Court, March 29, 1939, in re United States. v. Miller.

You don't need to go to Law School to understand the constitutional implications of that.

“You can’t cut the throat of every cocksucker whose character it would improve.”
cityslicker wrote:
I don't want to be told that I can't remove the tree by some tree-hugging pole smoker from the eat-a-dick foundation/Olympia/King County.

Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:39 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

So, I'm hearing on the radio that law enforcement was at this little pricks house 36 times?

Is that true?

36?????

WTFF!

"Let us Cross the river and sit in the shade of the trees" .....Stonewall Jackson

T. Jefferson "....the tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. it is it's natural manure"

Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:46 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

jdhbulseye wrote:
Incompetence Wasn't the Problem in Broward County

https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2018/02/incompetence_wasnt_the_problem_in_broward_county.html

Quote:
In November 2013, Sundance first reported that Broward County was "willing to jump on the diversionary bandwagon." As an attached Associated Press article noted, "One of the nation's largest school districts has reached an agreement with law enforcement agencies and the NAACP to reduce the number of students being charged with crimes for minor offenses." The goal, as the article explained, was to create an alternative to the zero-tolerance policies then in place by giving principals, not law enforcement, the authority to determine the nature of the offense.

Oh, right, the 'You're arresting too many black people and it's not possible that all those black people are actually committing the crimes, you must be racist'

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:08 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

WaJim wrote:
So, I'm hearing on the radio that law enforcement was at this little pricks house 36 times?

Is that true?

36?????

WTFF!

Not true!!!!!!
It was 39 times.

Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:15 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

jdhbulseye wrote:
Confirmed: Broward County Sheriff is an arrogant HUMAN PIECE OF SHIT

https://www.nationalreview.com/2018/02/broward-county-sheriff-scott-israel-should-resign/

Quote:
As for the sheriff, he is a pretty typical politician, hiring friends and political allies, treating his law-enforcement position as a nakedly political fief. His arrogance is astounding: When asked about his penchant for hiring his supporters and looking after his own interests first, the sheriff replied, “Lions don’t care about the opinions of sheep.” But the people of Broward County didn’t hire Scott Israel to be a lion; they hired him to be a sheepdog, a task at which he has failed so completely as to make regaining the public trust impossible. Indeed, it is not clear he ever deserved that trust to begin with. If he has any respect for his oath, his badge, or his community, he should step aside. If his sense of duty does not prevail, he should be forced out.

Saw/heard about this quote today, "The Lions don't concern themselves with the opinions of the sheep" or words to that effect and I was flatly stunned.

Looks like a lot of calls for his suspension and likely termination/resignation. This guy is inept, and a terrible leader, and his office really dropped the ball in several criminally negligent ways IMO. Add to that the dude has zero self reflection nor takes responsibility. Couple that with his very public blame-shifting to guns and calls for violating our gun rights (ironic, they can't protect citizens but instead wish to disarm them), and he's a head-case unfit to wear a public servant uniform of a law enforcement officer!

Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:09 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

PMB wrote:
movingviolation wrote:
PMB wrote:
JFC...

Quote:
NEWFOUNDLAND, Pa.

Honestly not sure what part of that is the MORE idiotic part.

Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:46 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I DEMAND to know the location of this gun shop selling AR rifles for $130........I propose we buy all these rifles and take them off the streets

Actor portrayal, Action figures sold separately, You must be at least this tall to ride, Individual results may vary, Sales tax not included, All models are over 18 years of age, upon approval of credit, Quantities are limited while supplies last, Some restrictions apply, Not available with other offers, At participating locations only, Void where prohibited, Above terms subject to change without notice, Patent pending.

See my blog: http://tincanbandit.blogspot.com/

Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:05 am
Profile WWW
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

TINCANBANDIT wrote:

I DEMAND to know the location of this gun shop selling AR rifles for $130........I propose we buy all these rifles and take them off the streets

And for those who see this - they'll remember the shock and the outrage and the fear. That is all.
"It's outrageous! There ought to be a law!"

Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:12 am
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Guntrader wrote:
WaJim wrote:

Is that true?

36?????

WTFF!

Not true!!!!!!
It was 39 times.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/browa ... le/2650121
They have a high threshold in Broward County.
Quote:
The Broward County Sheriff's Office received at least 45 warning calls about Florida shooter Nikolas Cruz and his family over the last decade, not the 23 calls the office claims it received.

Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:42 am
Reply to topic   [ 334 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 23  Next