Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:17 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 242 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 17  Next
 Gun shop calling for more gun control. Death sentence for sm 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

golddigger14s wrote:
The PX already prohibits under 21, why no uproar there?

Are they bound by state discrimination law?

Quote:
“I want to make something clear, I’m going to guarantee you this is not the last you’ve seen of him (Beto),” Biden said Monday evening during a campaign rally in Dallas. “You’re (Beto) going to take care of the gun problem with me. You’re (Beto) going to be the one who leads this effort.”

https://www.newsweek.com/beto-orourke-g ... ns-1465738
Quote:
[Beto O'Rourke Suggests Police Would 'Visit' Homes To Implement Proposed Assault Weapons Ban] "In that case, I think that there would be a visit by law enforcement to recover that firearm... ..."If someone does not turn in an AR-15 or an AK-47, one of these weapons of war...then that weapon will be taken from them"

Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:42 am
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

The USA is Supposed to be a free country...

Liberals and special interest groups have made that impossible.

This country needs to reinstate a businesses "Right to refuse service to anyone".

No explanation needed.

If that was still a rule this story and the Cake story wouldn't be stories.

"Let us Cross the river and sit in the shade of the trees" .....Stonewall Jackson

T. Jefferson "....the tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. it is it's natural manure"

Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:56 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

so i was re-reading some of these posts here last night...

why are we so eager to nail this guy to the cross for his version of "gun control" and in the same breath are ok with (slidefire/bumpfire ban) another version of "gun control"?
I'm not defending the LPG guy by any means...

Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:01 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

movingviolation wrote:

why are we so eager to nail this guy to the cross for his version of "gun control" and in the same breath are ok with (slidefire/bumpfire ban) another version of "gun control"?

I think many of us here aren't okay with the potential ban. But many see it as almost inevitable.

Spoiler: show
"Half the harm that is done in this world is due to people who want to feel important. They don't mean to do harm -- but the harm does not interest them. Or they do not see it, or they justify it because they are absorbed in the endless struggle to think well of themselves." – T.S. Eliot

"The right of self defence is the first law of nature: in most governments it has been the study of rulers to confine this right within the narrowest limits possible. Wherever standing armies are kept up, and the right of the people to keep and bear arms is, under any colour or pretext whatsoever, prohibited, liberty, if not already annihilated, is on the brink of destruction." - St. George Tucker

A careful definition of words would destroy half the agenda of the political left and scrutinizing evidence would destroy the other half. - Thomas Sowell

"To ban guns because criminals use them is to tell the innocent and law-abiding that their rights and liberties depend not on their own conduct, but on the conduct of the guilty and the lawless, and that the law will permit them to have only such rights and liberties as the lawless will allow...

For society does not control crime, ever, by forcing the law-abiding to accommodate themselves to the expected behavior of criminals. Society controls crime by forcing the criminals to accommodate themselves to the expected behavior of the law-abiding." - Jeff Snyder

Personal weapons are what raised mankind out of the mud, and the rifle is the queen of personal weapons. The possession of a good rifle, as well as the skill to use it well, truly makes a man the monarch of all he surveys. It realizes the ancient dream of the Jovian thunderbolt, and as such it is the embodiment of personal power. For this reason it exercises a curious influence over the minds of most men, and in its best examples it constitutes an object of affection unmatched by any other inanimate object.

Jeff Cooper
1997 The Art of the Rifle Page 1.

SUGGEST CASE BE SUBMITTED ON APPELLANT'S BRIEF. UNABLE TO OBTAIN ANY MONEY FROM CLIENTS TO BE PRESENT & ARGUE BRIEF.

The defense attorney's telegram to the clerk of the Supreme Court, March 29, 1939, in re United States. v. Miller.

You don't need to go to Law School to understand the constitutional implications of that.

“You can’t cut the throat of every cocksucker whose character it would improve.”
cityslicker wrote:
I don't want to be told that I can't remove the tree by some tree-hugging pole smoker from the eat-a-dick foundation/Olympia/King County.

Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:05 am
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

movingviolation wrote:

The more I think about it, in my opinion he can have whatever the hell policy he wants and we can choose to not shop there. I do believe the right to refuse service should apply--if he doesn't want to sell me a gun because I smell bad and have a lazy eye, then so what. My problem with him is that he seems to think the policy should extend to everyone and is actively promoting it and trying even to make it legislation. So he can suck me sideways.

Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:08 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

movingviolation wrote:

1. Many aren't OK.
2. Even if we "were" there's a big difference between accepting something coming down the pipe vs encouraging it and even helping to draft legislation to make it happen.
3. LPG is breaking the law with his age and disability discrimination, law that is regularly used to go after other people who are in concentric voting blocs with many gun owners.
4. LPG declared himself the "ambassador" for all gun owners and thinks he can make "deals" on our behalf, deals which will certainly NOT be honored by the other side.
5. LPG displays extreme short-sightedness by thinking its a good thing to have a huge group of voters barred from gun ownership, which will have major ramifications as more and more young people don't get into gun ownership and then make voting decisions through their whole life based on that lost window of introduction they could have had.
6. It's a slippery slope. Obamacare made people "children" until age 26. What happens when mass shootings don't stop after raising long gun age to 21. 26? Then what? 30? Then what? 40? Where does it end?

Quote:
“I want to make something clear, I’m going to guarantee you this is not the last you’ve seen of him (Beto),” Biden said Monday evening during a campaign rally in Dallas. “You’re (Beto) going to take care of the gun problem with me. You’re (Beto) going to be the one who leads this effort.”

https://www.newsweek.com/beto-orourke-g ... ns-1465738
Quote:
[Beto O'Rourke Suggests Police Would 'Visit' Homes To Implement Proposed Assault Weapons Ban] "In that case, I think that there would be a visit by law enforcement to recover that firearm... ..."If someone does not turn in an AR-15 or an AK-47, one of these weapons of war...then that weapon will be taken from them"

Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:10 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

DGM33 wrote:
I smell bad and have a lazy eye

Weird. I’ve never noticed the lazy eye.

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:36 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

MadPick wrote:
DGM33 wrote:

:ROFLMAO:

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:48 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

MadPick wrote:
DGM33 wrote:

You should get off your knees next time. :bigsmile:

Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:07 am

Last edited by Hill1001 on Fri Feb 02, 2024 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:27 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

L_O_G wrote:
MadPick wrote:
DGM33 wrote:

You should get off your knees next time. :bigsmile:

Hey! My eyes are up here...

Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:54 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

movingviolation wrote:

Because he smells bad and has a lazy eye...

How can I help you, and/or make you smile, today?

You are entitled to your opinion. You are not entitled to tell me what mine must be.

Do justice. Love mercy.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” ~ Richard P. Feynman

Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:55 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Lakewood gun dealer backs Bellevue shop owner in refusing to sell long guns to people under 21

Michael Friedmann is an online gun dealer in Lakewood.

AR-15s are his best sellers out of the long guns he sells.

So when he saw Cazes talking about AR-15s on Q13 News on Monday, it got his attention.

Cazes has been getting a lot of backlash but Friedmann says he’s now compelled to do the same thing.

http://q13fox.com/2018/02/20/lakewood-gun-dealer-compelled-to-support-bellevue-gun-shop-owner-refusing-to-sell-long-guns-to-people-under-21/

Sent from Proxima Centauri B through the ether using FTP transmission technology, Honey Encryption, and Peanut Butter & Jelly sandwiches

"Half the harm that is done in this world is due to people who want to feel important. They don't mean to do harm -- but the harm does not interest them. Or they do not see it, or they justify it because they are absorbed in the endless struggle to think well of themselves." – T.S. Eliot

"The right of self defence is the first law of nature: in most governments it has been the study of rulers to confine this right within the narrowest limits possible. Wherever standing armies are kept up, and the right of the people to keep and bear arms is, under any colour or pretext whatsoever, prohibited, liberty, if not already annihilated, is on the brink of destruction." - St. George Tucker

A careful definition of words would destroy half the agenda of the political left and scrutinizing evidence would destroy the other half. - Thomas Sowell

"To ban guns because criminals use them is to tell the innocent and law-abiding that their rights and liberties depend not on their own conduct, but on the conduct of the guilty and the lawless, and that the law will permit them to have only such rights and liberties as the lawless will allow...

For society does not control crime, ever, by forcing the law-abiding to accommodate themselves to the expected behavior of criminals. Society controls crime by forcing the criminals to accommodate themselves to the expected behavior of the law-abiding." - Jeff Snyder

Personal weapons are what raised mankind out of the mud, and the rifle is the queen of personal weapons. The possession of a good rifle, as well as the skill to use it well, truly makes a man the monarch of all he surveys. It realizes the ancient dream of the Jovian thunderbolt, and as such it is the embodiment of personal power. For this reason it exercises a curious influence over the minds of most men, and in its best examples it constitutes an object of affection unmatched by any other inanimate object.

Jeff Cooper
1997 The Art of the Rifle Page 1.

SUGGEST CASE BE SUBMITTED ON APPELLANT'S BRIEF. UNABLE TO OBTAIN ANY MONEY FROM CLIENTS TO BE PRESENT & ARGUE BRIEF.

The defense attorney's telegram to the clerk of the Supreme Court, March 29, 1939, in re United States. v. Miller.

You don't need to go to Law School to understand the constitutional implications of that.

“You can’t cut the throat of every cocksucker whose character it would improve.”
cityslicker wrote:
I don't want to be told that I can't remove the tree by some tree-hugging pole smoker from the eat-a-dick foundation/Olympia/King County.

Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:35 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Hey this guy is getting attention, so Im going to do the same thing for the free publicity...err I mean its for the children!

Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:43 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

L_O_G wrote:
Hey this guy is getting attention, so Im going to do the same thing for the free publicity...err I mean its for the children!

Pretty sure I posted "marketing ploy" in one of these threads.

I hate to say or think it, but the 21 year old thing might make it through - Fed or State......but the idea of a trade or compromise? FTS.

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:13 am
Reply to topic   [ 242 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 17  Next