Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:05 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Companies to Boycott - Ending relationship with NRA 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

dreadi wrote:
Has anyone here received a lower rental rate with the former discount offered to members of the NRA? Anytime I applied their discount the rate was still higher than booking through one of my credit cards. Surely I cannot be the only person to have this experience. Also, why boycott them just because they no longer offer discounts to the membership?

The only discount card on most stuff I've found useful is AAA. Their rates are usually (not always) better. On the NRA (and others) I generally don't even bother checking because my experience has mirrored yours.

Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:14 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

OhShoot! wrote:
lionhrt wrote:
Maybe all the NRA members should fire back with a boycott. 5 million possible members boycotting them sounds fare.

That only leaves 318 million other people in the USA to vote with their own dollars also.

Yes but when I worked as a manager in retail I was taught every customer affects the bottom line. Plus the publicity

It was a Night Op in the library with an AK Pistol by TW...

Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:27 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

lionhrt wrote:
OhShoot! wrote:
lionhrt wrote:
Maybe all the NRA members should fire back with a boycott. 5 million possible members boycotting them sounds fare.

That only leaves 318 million other people in the USA to vote with their own dollars also.

Yes but when I worked as a manager in retail I was taught every customer affects the bottom line. Plus the publicity

5 million customers @ $100+ each... That will affect anyone's bottom line

Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:30 am
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

I make an effort to avoid companies that I am made aware of being anti-2A, or who make decisions that hurt 2A.

I'm aware that that small effort is almost meaningless, and that living in modern society makes it almost impossible to be "pure" in this effort.
It is like voting... One vote may not mean much, but it is our vote to give.
Doing business with a business who has shown anti-2A tendencies works double against us though. We have less of our money to support PRO-2A businesses, and they have that money to continue pursuing anti-2A agenda.
So... worse than just a 1x effect.

Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:39 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

WaJim wrote:
I don't use Amazon....Ever.

And its not their relationship with the NRA that made me do it.

http://komonews.com/news/local/seattles ... 11-21-2015

Same here, Fuck Amazon!!! I am amazed that people I tell of this don't even bat an eye & say Well I'm saving a shit ton of money to buy more stuff... :doh1: :doh1: :doh1: I

To me it's like a gun owner voting D..... :zombie:

"We cannot negotiate with those who say, 'What's mine is mine, and what's yours is negotiable.'" JFK

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety”

-Ben Franklin

MadPick wrote:
I don't think you beat your children enough. :ROFLMAO:

Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:54 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Tagged. Good information to keep track of.

And I agree, the NRA shouldn't have these relationships to begin with because these companies ultimately throw the NRA under the bus when it's politically popular. I have never gotten any NRA discount anywhere and don't even bother asking (other than the NRA free trivial amount of insurance on guns).

But I won't willingly use these companies if there's an alternate. A smart business would jump in and endorse the NRA and capture the revenue these folks lose.

Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:19 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

OhShoot! wrote:
lionhrt wrote:

he wasn't talking to you, he was talking to NRA members
'
just sent Enterprise an email and will be working on cancelling my reservation for May

Actor portrayal, Action figures sold separately, You must be at least this tall to ride, Individual results may vary, Sales tax not included, All models are over 18 years of age, upon approval of credit, Quantities are limited while supplies last, Some restrictions apply, Not available with other offers, At participating locations only, Void where prohibited, Above terms subject to change without notice, Patent pending.

See my blog: http://tincanbandit.blogspot.com/

Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:31 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

PMB wrote:
I make an effort to avoid companies that I am made aware of being anti-2A, or who make decisions that hurt 2A.

I'm aware that that small effort is almost meaningless, and that living in modern society makes it almost impossible to be "pure" in this effort.
It is like voting... One vote may not mean much, but it is our vote to give.
Doing business with a business who has shown anti-2A tendencies works double against us though. We have less of our money to support PRO-2A businesses, and they have that money to continue pursuing anti-2A agenda.
So... worse than just a 1x effect.

:plusone:

Spoiler: show
"Half the harm that is done in this world is due to people who want to feel important. They don't mean to do harm -- but the harm does not interest them. Or they do not see it, or they justify it because they are absorbed in the endless struggle to think well of themselves." – T.S. Eliot

"The right of self defence is the first law of nature: in most governments it has been the study of rulers to confine this right within the narrowest limits possible. Wherever standing armies are kept up, and the right of the people to keep and bear arms is, under any colour or pretext whatsoever, prohibited, liberty, if not already annihilated, is on the brink of destruction." - St. George Tucker

A careful definition of words would destroy half the agenda of the political left and scrutinizing evidence would destroy the other half. - Thomas Sowell

"To ban guns because criminals use them is to tell the innocent and law-abiding that their rights and liberties depend not on their own conduct, but on the conduct of the guilty and the lawless, and that the law will permit them to have only such rights and liberties as the lawless will allow...

For society does not control crime, ever, by forcing the law-abiding to accommodate themselves to the expected behavior of criminals. Society controls crime by forcing the criminals to accommodate themselves to the expected behavior of the law-abiding." - Jeff Snyder

Personal weapons are what raised mankind out of the mud, and the rifle is the queen of personal weapons. The possession of a good rifle, as well as the skill to use it well, truly makes a man the monarch of all he surveys. It realizes the ancient dream of the Jovian thunderbolt, and as such it is the embodiment of personal power. For this reason it exercises a curious influence over the minds of most men, and in its best examples it constitutes an object of affection unmatched by any other inanimate object.

Jeff Cooper
1997 The Art of the Rifle Page 1.

SUGGEST CASE BE SUBMITTED ON APPELLANT'S BRIEF. UNABLE TO OBTAIN ANY MONEY FROM CLIENTS TO BE PRESENT & ARGUE BRIEF.

The defense attorney's telegram to the clerk of the Supreme Court, March 29, 1939, in re United States. v. Miller.

You don't need to go to Law School to understand the constitutional implications of that.

“You can’t cut the throat of every cocksucker whose character it would improve.”
cityslicker wrote:
I don't want to be told that I can't remove the tree by some tree-hugging pole smoker from the eat-a-dick foundation/Olympia/King County.

Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:10 pm

Glad I saw this thread. Just canceled my Best Western reservation for my trip to Thunder Ranch in April. Will send an email explaining why.

Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:36 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Quote:
BOYCOTT: Delta Airlines Makes Stunning Move Against NRA Members

https://news.americanewscentral.com/2018/02/24/boycott-delta-airlines-makes-stunning-move-nra-members/
icon_eek

Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:54 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

AR15L wrote:
Quote:

https://news.americanewscentral.com/2018/02/24/boycott-delta-airlines-makes-stunning-move-nra-members/
icon_eek

Never used such a discount. Is this true? If so, no Delta. Easy.

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:03 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Like someone else here has already said, "it's not about the discounts, it's about the principle of the thing".

Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:09 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

AR15L wrote:
Quote:

icon_eek

:angryfire:

"Half the harm that is done in this world is due to people who want to feel important. They don't mean to do harm -- but the harm does not interest them. Or they do not see it, or they justify it because they are absorbed in the endless struggle to think well of themselves." – T.S. Eliot

"The right of self defence is the first law of nature: in most governments it has been the study of rulers to confine this right within the narrowest limits possible. Wherever standing armies are kept up, and the right of the people to keep and bear arms is, under any colour or pretext whatsoever, prohibited, liberty, if not already annihilated, is on the brink of destruction." - St. George Tucker

A careful definition of words would destroy half the agenda of the political left and scrutinizing evidence would destroy the other half. - Thomas Sowell

"To ban guns because criminals use them is to tell the innocent and law-abiding that their rights and liberties depend not on their own conduct, but on the conduct of the guilty and the lawless, and that the law will permit them to have only such rights and liberties as the lawless will allow...

For society does not control crime, ever, by forcing the law-abiding to accommodate themselves to the expected behavior of criminals. Society controls crime by forcing the criminals to accommodate themselves to the expected behavior of the law-abiding." - Jeff Snyder

Personal weapons are what raised mankind out of the mud, and the rifle is the queen of personal weapons. The possession of a good rifle, as well as the skill to use it well, truly makes a man the monarch of all he surveys. It realizes the ancient dream of the Jovian thunderbolt, and as such it is the embodiment of personal power. For this reason it exercises a curious influence over the minds of most men, and in its best examples it constitutes an object of affection unmatched by any other inanimate object.

Jeff Cooper
1997 The Art of the Rifle Page 1.

SUGGEST CASE BE SUBMITTED ON APPELLANT'S BRIEF. UNABLE TO OBTAIN ANY MONEY FROM CLIENTS TO BE PRESENT & ARGUE BRIEF.

The defense attorney's telegram to the clerk of the Supreme Court, March 29, 1939, in re United States. v. Miller.

You don't need to go to Law School to understand the constitutional implications of that.

“You can’t cut the throat of every cocksucker whose character it would improve.”
cityslicker wrote:
I don't want to be told that I can't remove the tree by some tree-hugging pole smoker from the eat-a-dick foundation/Olympia/King County.

Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:09 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:21 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

foothills wrote:
I find it ironic that those that vote Dem or Lib and are gun owners/supporters are having to try to sort out how to deal with their antigun representatives. Who clearly aren't supporting any PRO 2A issues. On the contrary...they are pushing ANTI 2A legislation with a fervor. How do gun owning Dem's reconcile that?

There was a dem on a FB discussion I was in that was PISSED because she was being turned into a single issue voter. She said she refused to become a victim and that no one had the right to take away her means of self defense, and that it was more important than anything else, but she hated that her own people would put her in a position to have to choose her safety over her other ideals, because of course her safety comes first..

It was interesting, for sure...

Watching other liberals/dems attack her and say she had blood on her hands was equally entertaining...

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:40 am
Reply to topic   [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next