Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:10 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 Anti-gunners War Chests Grow 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

FPC reports that Gabby Giffords anti-gun group raised $1.2M in the aftermath of the Florida debacle.

I know you're all burned out from the recent WA Legislative battle, and spent out from WaGuns raffles, and the budget is tapped from the property tax increases.... but can you give up a latte, or a couple of beers after work this week and send $5.00 or $50 to your favorite Pro-gun group? Please?

and send emails, letters and phone calls to your Crawly-ticians!

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:20 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Good post. Hopefully I'll have more to share about this soon.

From a blog: Political Correctness - the belief that one can pick up a turd by the clean end.

Benjamin Franklin: It is the (civic) responsibility of every citizen to question authority.

Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:55 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

I've been donating. NAGR and GOA mostly.

Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:31 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Can anyone name an organization that promotes the 2nd Amendment? To raise the public's awareness of the Second Amendment?

Sure the other groups get money, but it seems to disappear into a legal black hole, with no accountability. Yes, that's important, but I don't think it's what needed to fight the gun control groups. I want some of my money to fight fire with fire. To raise the public's awareness. Make people think.

Like I said. This is an angle I'm working on, with others..... Stay tuned.

From a blog: Political Correctness - the belief that one can pick up a turd by the clean end.

Benjamin Franklin: It is the (civic) responsibility of every citizen to question authority.

Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:59 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Guns of America
Firearms Policy Coalition
Nat'l Assoc. of Gun Rights
Gottlieb Inc.
John Birch
10th Amendment Center
Personal Liberty Digest: Bob Livingston : The Wire Personalliberty.com
Alternative Market Project Alt-market.com

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

FJB

Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:49 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Ok..... what does any of them do to raise public awareness? I see that I worded my post poorly.

Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:31 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'll be donating again and again because this is too GD important to be skimp on folks.

"We cannot negotiate with those who say, 'What's mine is mine, and what's yours is negotiable.'" JFK

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety”

-Ben Franklin

MadPick wrote:
I don't think you beat your children enough. :ROFLMAO:

Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:56 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

danoh wrote:
Ok..... what does any of them do to raise public awareness? I see that I worded my post poorly.

Some organize thoughts and promulgate those opinions, ideas and issues via newsletters, blogs, email, pre-worded messages to send to elected officials (for the politically indolent etc.), providing campaign signs... What is it you are seeking?

Some represent those things in courts, in the offices of legislators and government hearings and meetings.

Hillsdale College and Prager University (not mentioned, and sometimes I don't agree with what they say) produces email "lectures" and offers classes on the Constitution.

Some provide training (CMP, Eddie Eagle to name a couple).

Is it that you wish to reach a wider audience? Then perhaps an organization which does not bite off a myriad of tasks but limits its activities to buying public media exposure and sending out a broader message is the answer.

The NRA has a TV station, but it doesn't reach many people because they (me, too) do not subscribe to cable, satellite services. And because (and maybe this is the key) they have a name associated with a bias to issues.

The MSM gets widespread viewership probably because they claim to be, and are believed to be fairly unbiased and the vanguards of truth. That's a tight rope to walk and one has to be wiley to push an agenda while claiming neutrality.

Please... tell us where YOU are going with this line of reasoning?

FJB

Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:47 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

What i want..... is something out there to fight all of the massive outpouring of anti-gun rhetoric. I don't see what anybody is doing to fight this. I want to be involved something that is a voice of reason to the general population. I don't want to preach to the choir. I want to SING to the audience. MAKE them think. I no longer want my money to disappear into a legal black hole. They serve an important function, along with lobbying and fighting in the courts. But it's not what I want my money to go anymore.

I was PROUD, when Wagunners put that sign up on HWY 167, fighing that awful initiative. Does anyone even have a grasp on how many people on a daily basis saw that?

I work in General Aviation. It's dying. We are doing a terrible job of promoting actively the idea of owning a plane, or taking pilot training. As a result, my customers are getting older. I don't see new young people coming in. We are seeing a pilot shortage that has the airlines desperate to hire pilots, and it's going to get worse before they get better. This weekend at the Aviation Show in Puyallup, I saw an huge number of airlines there hoping to get pilot's interested in working for them.

Likewise for guns. We all are doing a terrible job of promoting actively the Second Amendment and everything else that ties in with that. Gunners, gun shops, manufacturers, gun ranges..... We all are guilty of this.

Shit. I just now admitted Soleynik was right.

Sorry for the delayed response.

Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:30 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

danoh wrote:
What i want..... is something out there to fight all of the massive outpouring of anti-gun rhetoric. I don't see what anybody is doing to fight this. I want to be involved something that is a voice of reason to the general population. I don't want to preach to the choir. I want to SING to the audience. MAKE them think. I no longer want my money to disappear into a legal black hole. They serve an important function, along with lobbying and fighting in the courts. But it's not what I want my money to go anymore.

I was PROUD, when Wagunners put that sign up on HWY 167, fighing that awful initiative. Does anyone even have a grasp on how many people on a daily basis saw that?

I work in General Aviation. It's dying. We are doing a terrible job of promoting actively the idea of owning a plane, or taking pilot training. As a result, my customers are getting older. I don't see new young people coming in. We are seeing a pilot shortage that has the airlines desperate to hire pilots, and it's going to get worse before they get better. This weekend at the Aviation Show in Puyallup, I saw an huge number of airlines there hoping to get pilot's interested in working for them.

Likewise for guns. We all are doing a terrible job of promoting actively the Second Amendment and everything else that ties in with that. Gunners, gun shops, manufacturers, gun ranges..... We all are guilty of this.

Shit. I just now admitted Soleynik was right.

Sorry for the delayed response.

The left controls the press, and controls the language. The output stinks, because the goal stinks. Frankly to start, we need a new guy in charge of the NRA. During this time the other rights groups need to play a more active open role. Gunners, gun shops, manufacturers, gun ranges.... US - WE can help this.

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:43 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

We need to recruit some help to get them at an early age:

Rambling support for your ideas below:

A great and necessary starting point is for young parents (and perhaps older folks with more time on their hands) to get control of, or at the very least, vocally active in their local boards of education.

One problem with the Molon Labe, and liberty advocates is that we have a desire to NOT be fucked with. "Go ahead, do as you please as long as you don't infringe on anyone else or cause destruction or general mayhem" runs counter to the spirit of political involvement. This has not helped with the vacuum of leadership in conservative causes.

Getting the word out about the 2A also makes one seem kind of whacked out, especially if you engage with the same kind of wild-eyed zeal the opponents manifest. This is the problem with a lot of the pro-gun/conservative blogs and websites too. Too much sensationalism and hyper-theatrics. AM570, while a good outlet for (y)our ideas, can sound a little shrill at times.

Billboards can be rented. A readerboard in one's yard is kind of problematic as it makes the home a target for crimes. Townhall meetings attended.

It will take a concerted effort and an investment of a good amount of time (and perhaps, money).

What are you planning?

FJB

Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:25 pm
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]