Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:23 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 And now Kroger 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

lionhrt wrote:
Ehh it was all about money, I read an article that said they did 7 million in sales devide that buy the 130 stores that carried guns and it come up to a little over a grand a week average. Guns are not a high margin item if they replace the gun area with a higher margin item that sales more than a grand a week they make more money.

Yeah, it's the continual Krogerization of Fred Meyer masked as being 'for the children'.

Kroger made promises about not changing things when they bought Fred Meyer years ago, but slowly, over time, made a few here and there. At the beginning of last year, they began implementing a bunch of them, to the point where I have several friends in management that have left because of it.

They are reducing product choices In a number of areas, reducing employee training, getting rid of experienced employees, and reducing staffing.

Sun Mar 18, 2018 5:31 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

NWGunner wrote:
lionhrt wrote:
Ehh it was all about money, I read an article that said they did 7 million in sales devide that buy the 130 stores that carried guns and it come up to a little over a grand a week average. Guns are not a high margin item if they replace the gun area with a higher margin item that sales more than a grand a week they make more money.

Yeah, it's the continual Krogerization of Fred Meyer masked as being 'for the children'.

Kroger made promises about not changing things when they bought Fred Meyer years ago, but slowly, over time, made a few here and there. At the beginning of last year, they began implementing a bunch of them, to the point where I have several friends in management that have left because of it.

They are reducing product choices In a number of areas, reducing employee training, getting rid of experienced employees, and reducing staffing.

Yeah I was working there when Kroger bought Freddies, they were not allowed to change things the first 5 years but after the that 5 years things changed on a regular basis. It was to the point that anyone who worked for them as Freddies hated the new Kroger/Freddies, the last 5 or so years was so bad I was going nuts so when I got a chance to retire I took it. You are right about the training it is the worst I have even seen in any job. I do miss the Management bonuses but my doctor is amazed that my blood pressure that was dangerously high is now completely normal now

I am going to go in tomorrow and see if they are going to have anything on clearence in the gun dept. because I still get a 15% discount on the sporting good dept as a retired worker. I doubt they will have anything I need because they don`t have the best selection but if it i on clearance and with discount I could get stuff under cost. I remember once they were having a sale on Glocks and they got pissed because employees were buying them and it was under cost.

It was a Night Op in the library with an AK Pistol by TW...

Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:55 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

lionhrt wrote:
NWGunner wrote:
lionhrt wrote:

Yeah I was working there when Kroger bought Freddies, they were not allowed to change things the first 5 years but after the that 5 years things changed on a regular basis. It was to the point that anyone who worked for them as Freddies hated the new Kroger/Freddies, the last 5 or so years was so bad I was going nuts so when I got a chance to retire I took it. You are right about the training it is the worst I have even seen in any job. I do miss the Management bonuses but my doctor is amazed that my blood pressure that was dangerously high is now completely normal now

I am going to go in tomorrow and see if they are going to have anything on clearence in the gun dept. because I still get a 15% discount on the sporting good dept as a retired worker. I doubt they will have anything I need because they don`t have the best selection but if it i on clearance and with discount I could get stuff under cost. I remember once they were having a sale on Glocks and they got pissed because employees were buying them and it was under cost.

Good luck ! :thumbsup2:

Interesting side note....I also know a guy that just got hired-in as a front manager at Freddy's.

He was a manager at Lowe's. Freddy's wanted to make him a manager higher up, but he knew how bad things were getting, so opted for a lower level. He just wants to supplement his buyout/retirement from Lowe's.

Now Lowe's, he was saying, is a different story. They are getting rid of managers with buyouts & retirement offers left and right.

He says they're basically giving up to Amazon, and don't care about customer service. They are concentrating on builders, and being a place where customers can order online, and pick up in store.

I asked him what the excuse was for such shitty customer service before this..... :ROFLMAO:

Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:30 am

lionhrt wrote:

Not surprised if it is a money thing. I know the gun "stand" in my store was tucked way in the back corner to begin with. People didn't even realize they sold guns when they've mentioned it. When the store first got it, I would walk past it to check it out and never thought of buying anything there. Selling stuff for MSRP or higher pretty much. I rarely saw anyone there either.

Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:53 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I bought a takedown 10-22 from the Issaquah Fred Meyer. Screw Kroeger, will never spend another dime there.

Quote:
“I want to make something clear, I’m going to guarantee you this is not the last you’ve seen of him (Beto),” Biden said Monday evening during a campaign rally in Dallas. “You’re (Beto) going to take care of the gun problem with me. You’re (Beto) going to be the one who leads this effort.”

https://www.newsweek.com/beto-orourke-g ... ns-1465738
Quote:
[Beto O'Rourke Suggests Police Would 'Visit' Homes To Implement Proposed Assault Weapons Ban] "In that case, I think that there would be a visit by law enforcement to recover that firearm... ..."If someone does not turn in an AR-15 or an AK-47, one of these weapons of war...then that weapon will be taken from them"

Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:07 am
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer

Costco doesn’t want you carrying your gun inside. Wal-mart, Fred Meyer and Kroger won’t sell guns anymore. Is everyone going to stop buying groceries and grown their own food now?

1911 Pistolsmithing
Firearm Refinishing
GLOCK Certified Armorer
CMMG Authorized Dealer
NEMO Arms Authorized Dealer
http://www.blackhammerarms.com
http://www.facebook.com/blackhammerarms
https://www.instagram.com/blackhammerarms/

Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:49 am
Profile WWW
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

dreadi wrote:
Costco doesn’t want you carrying your gun inside. Wal-mart, Fred Meyer and Kroger won’t sell guns anymore. Is everyone going to stop buying groceries and grown their own food now?

Easier just to raid your garden....

Although getting the Tobacco and Rhubarb mixed up will make an interesting strawberry/rhubarb pie.

"Let us Cross the river and sit in the shade of the trees" .....Stonewall Jackson

T. Jefferson "....the tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. it is it's natural manure"

Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:02 am

Sniper hide overlooks the garden....and nicotine poisoning is real.

1911 Pistolsmithing
Firearm Refinishing
GLOCK Certified Armorer
CMMG Authorized Dealer
NEMO Arms Authorized Dealer
http://www.blackhammerarms.com
http://www.facebook.com/blackhammerarms
https://www.instagram.com/blackhammerarms/

Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:10 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Oh and it gets better. I have been working for Freddie's for the past 10+ years and just got a memo they are pulling all the magazines that regularly feature "assault weapons" on the front cover. Bunch of BS to keep the sheeple appeased. Glad I am finally leaving. Hello set schedules and instant eight dollar raise.

Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:47 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

CowardlyHero wrote:
Glad I am finally leaving. Hello set schedules and instant eight dollar raise.

thumbsup

Instant win all around! Congratulations.

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:40 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

CowardlyHero wrote:
Oh and it gets better. I have been working for Freddie's for the past 10+ years and just got a memo they are pulling all the magazines that regularly feature "assault weapons" on the front cover. Bunch of BS to keep the sheeple appeased. Glad I am finally leaving. Hello set schedules and instant eight dollar raise.

Congrats and welcome to the real world, you will love the set schedules and more money. I spent 20 years as a manager for them and retired this last summer I have no schedule :bigsmile: Just glad it is over.

It was a Night Op in the library with an AK Pistol by TW...

Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:20 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

CowardlyHero wrote:

Interesting....time to look elsewhere for groceries.

We only get a couple of things there, mostly produce on the fly for last minute recipes......will have to check around & plan better.

Glad you're looking forward to getting out, good luck! :thumbsup2:

Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:21 pm
Reply to topic   [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3