Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:30 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Dog dies after flight attendant forced it into overhead bin. 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Seriously?

We gonna trash another thread by going all biblical?

Can we stop quibbling about stupid shit?

I'm sitting over here organizing encrypted communications, as the march against our rights continue.... and you're arguing over the word 'is', and a fucking dog that was possibly/probably drugged, and quoting the bible like it's gospel (lol).

We got bigger fish to fry than arguing over semantics.

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:32 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Seriously guys, imagine if a cop had been the one to shove the dog in the overhead compartment.

Nemo Omen
JM Marlin 39M
Tikka T3 Tactical(.308)
BAR(.308)

Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:18 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Jagerbomber35 wrote:
Seriously guys, imagine if a cop had been the one to shove the dog in the overhead compartment.

FAA also has extremely strict rules which if not adhered to are followed by large fines......just saying.

Highly doubtful anyone SHOVED a yelping dog in an overhead bin...Jeeze!.

Think of it this way....

How were the "supposed" Witches burned in Salem Mass?

Did everyone see the Witch turn the farmer into a newt? or did they all go along when the farmer came up missing and burn the Witch.

Y'all saying the dog was barking in the overhead.....theres a hundred or so passengers in the plane. Wimmen, childern and huge dudes.

There would have been a Mutiny.

To Quote Shakespeare: Something stinking in Denmark....

"Let us Cross the river and sit in the shade of the trees" .....Stonewall Jackson

T. Jefferson "....the tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. it is it's natural manure"

Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:29 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

"But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed." Isaiah 53.5

Stryper Rules Bitches!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:41 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

From what I read it was a puppy, but I didn't see a breed. If it was a Frenchie, that's a brachycephalic (squashed face) breed, and even adult breeds of the brachycephalic type require special handling in transit.

An overhead bin is not special handling. Why the owner agreed to put the dog up there is beyond all knowledge.

Alaska Airlines cargo is awesome with pets, btw, if you're looking to travel with or ship your pet.

"If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun."
~Tenzin Gyatso, aka His Holiness the Dalai Lama

"We who are strong have an obligation to bear with the failings of the weak, and not to please ourselves."
~ Romans 15:1

"Ils Ont Les Armes, On Les Emmerde, On A Le Champagne!"~Charlie Hebdo, November 2015

Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:31 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

leadcounsel wrote:
jdhbulseye wrote:
leadcounsel wrote:
I think humans have simply lost the ability to think or have compassion. WTF is wrong with the average human being???

Regarding this and the juxtaposition it creates with your responses in the Hawking thread:

Quote:
Mark 12:31
The second is this: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' There is no commandment greater than these."

Quote:
1 Corinthians 13:4-8
Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away.

Seems awfully unchristian of you to dishonor a man you never even met.

1. On topic, the Airlines really need to address this with having a designated pressurized compartment or other way to transport pets. This is a real problem and tantamount to animal cruelty which is a felony or misdemeanor. Or perhaps just deny transport of pets. But this half-assed measure of a gamble with your pets life to travel is unsustainable. It's a terrible practice.

In response to your religion injected attack:
2. It's funny when folks try to use the bible as a sword when they don't understand it or apparently have a relationship with Christ. Nice try. Christ gave TWO commands (part of the "these" you cite). The first was to worship and honor God. "Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength." I pointed out that Hawkings apparently did not, and therefore condemned his soul to hell. That's a proper teaching. I would be on the side of God by pointing out Hawkings error, as I Love God with all my heart and soul. It's not incorrect to point out that others did not, and paid with their soul.

3. Compassion and loving thy neighbor is not a blind following of the misguided, particularly those non-believers. Even Jesus criticized or pointed out the hypocrisy of others. I'm not saying I'm Jesus. I'm saying that as part of education it's important to point out the error in the ways of others; how else can we learn if we cannot say someone has made a mistake. Are you not (attempting) to do the same to me?? Doh... "Man made climate change" is a false religion unsupported and contradicted by facts and evidence. I'm stating a scientific fact no different than saying Hawkings was a man.

Its funny when people assume shit about me. Your assumptions about me are completely unfounded and without merit. I didnt attack you, I pointed out your hypocrisy. In addition, climate change being anthropogenic or not has fuck all to do with any of the above.

How does denigrating a dead man's intelligence and his political leanings honor God?

Sent from Proxima Centauri B through the ether using FTP transmission technology, Honey Encryption, and Peanut Butter & Jelly sandwiches

Spoiler: show
"Half the harm that is done in this world is due to people who want to feel important. They don't mean to do harm -- but the harm does not interest them. Or they do not see it, or they justify it because they are absorbed in the endless struggle to think well of themselves." – T.S. Eliot

"The right of self defence is the first law of nature: in most governments it has been the study of rulers to confine this right within the narrowest limits possible. Wherever standing armies are kept up, and the right of the people to keep and bear arms is, under any colour or pretext whatsoever, prohibited, liberty, if not already annihilated, is on the brink of destruction." - St. George Tucker

A careful definition of words would destroy half the agenda of the political left and scrutinizing evidence would destroy the other half. - Thomas Sowell

"To ban guns because criminals use them is to tell the innocent and law-abiding that their rights and liberties depend not on their own conduct, but on the conduct of the guilty and the lawless, and that the law will permit them to have only such rights and liberties as the lawless will allow...

For society does not control crime, ever, by forcing the law-abiding to accommodate themselves to the expected behavior of criminals. Society controls crime by forcing the criminals to accommodate themselves to the expected behavior of the law-abiding." - Jeff Snyder

Personal weapons are what raised mankind out of the mud, and the rifle is the queen of personal weapons. The possession of a good rifle, as well as the skill to use it well, truly makes a man the monarch of all he surveys. It realizes the ancient dream of the Jovian thunderbolt, and as such it is the embodiment of personal power. For this reason it exercises a curious influence over the minds of most men, and in its best examples it constitutes an object of affection unmatched by any other inanimate object.

Jeff Cooper
1997 The Art of the Rifle Page 1.

SUGGEST CASE BE SUBMITTED ON APPELLANT'S BRIEF. UNABLE TO OBTAIN ANY MONEY FROM CLIENTS TO BE PRESENT & ARGUE BRIEF.

The defense attorney's telegram to the clerk of the Supreme Court, March 29, 1939, in re United States. v. Miller.

You don't need to go to Law School to understand the constitutional implications of that.

“You can’t cut the throat of every cocksucker whose character it would improve.”
cityslicker wrote:
I don't want to be told that I can't remove the tree by some tree-hugging pole smoker from the eat-a-dick foundation/Olympia/King County.

Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:31 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

1. Everyone is guilty of dishonoring God for all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God. So in effect we are all already earned our place in hell. Thankfully Christ has paid that penalty for those who chose to believe and follow Him. This is something that Hawking has not done or at least there is no public record of it. He may have had a change of heart in the last few days of his life I have to way to know.

2. While yes we are to correct others we need to do it in a loving manner and only after closely examining our own lives as well.

3. Maybe we need a spirituality forum to talk about these things in more depth than these fly by discussions in other threads.

Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:46 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Mike in Wa wrote:
1. Everyone is guilty of dishonoring God for all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God. So in effect we are all already earned our place in hell. Thankfully Christ has paid that penalty for those who chose to believe and follow Him. This is something that Hawking has not done or at least there is no public record of it. He may have had a change of heart in the last few days of his life I have to way to know.

2. While yes we are to correct others we need to do it in a loving manner and only after closely examining our own lives as well.

Very well said.

How can I help you, and/or make you smile, today?

You are entitled to your opinion. You are not entitled to tell me what mine must be.

Do justice. Love mercy.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” ~ Richard P. Feynman

Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:02 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Mike in Wa wrote:

3. Maybe we need a spirituality forum to talk about these things in more depth than these fly by discussions in other threads.

Agreed, well said.

Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:24 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Dog is my Co-pilot.

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:36 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Who runs this airline? Cats?

http://abcnews.go.com/US/united-airline ... d=53806484

United Airlines flight diverted after another dog 'mistakenly' placed on the plane

Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:26 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Meow, that just unfair:

https://www.cnn.com/2015/04/06/travel/l ... index.html

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:50 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Never heard of so many animals being flown all over the world as just recently....whats going on.

People really need their animals travelling with them?

That's strange to me.....

"Let us Cross the river and sit in the shade of the trees" .....Stonewall Jackson

T. Jefferson "....the tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. it is it's natural manure"

Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:32 pm
Reply to topic   [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3