Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:21 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Design Mom says, "a gun ban is inevitable" 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Maybe Design Mom should make me a goddam sammich and leave my rights alone...

Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:14 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Sometimes it seems we're standing on the grounds we're going to die on.

Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:52 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

mancat wrote:
Guns4Liberty wrote:
mancat wrote:
The death of the 2A will be because of female voters.

Yep...I've been saying that for years now. In general, their votes and policy positions are more emotionally-driven. And what more emotionally-driven issue is there than gun control? I'm hard pressed to think of one.

But I also believe women are a potentially powerful 2A ally. We just need to step up our outreach to them. It isn't easy to do, but it's probably our only hope.

Just to reinforce, these are the top results from "parkland gun protest"

Wanna bet at least 5% of the people in those pictures are carrying concealed?

How can I help you, and/or make you smile, today?

You are entitled to your opinion. You are not entitled to tell me what mine must be.

Do justice. Love mercy.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” ~ Richard P. Feynman

Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:06 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Quote:
The truth is no one was ever coming for your guns.

Bullshit and we all damn well know it.

Quote:
It’s just a question of time before voters (including many gun owners) do come for your guns. But you can believe otherwise.

Most of us have never believed otherwise, we are students of history, we know how this works. Bring it bitch.

Quote:
Now, the days of gun ownership are numbered. We are going to vote to take your guns. All of them.

Please do it and lets get this shit over with.

Quote:
And since gun owners and the NRA have literally no other solutions that don’t sound idiotic to normal people (like armed minimum wage security guards at every door at every school), then I have no sympathy for what is coming some day soon, and probably sooner than those in the NRA bubble expect.

You and your ilk will rue the day.

Quote:
My belief is that it is just a question of time before there are enough votes for a constitutional amendment eliminating guns. I think gun owners are too blind to see it coming.

We have seen it coming for decades you dumb bitch. Again, please bring it.

Quote:
We were not coming for your guns. But at this point many of us are. And we are going to take them with our votes.

You will need more than votes. A lot more.

Spoiler: show
"Half the harm that is done in this world is due to people who want to feel important. They don't mean to do harm -- but the harm does not interest them. Or they do not see it, or they justify it because they are absorbed in the endless struggle to think well of themselves." – T.S. Eliot

"The right of self defence is the first law of nature: in most governments it has been the study of rulers to confine this right within the narrowest limits possible. Wherever standing armies are kept up, and the right of the people to keep and bear arms is, under any colour or pretext whatsoever, prohibited, liberty, if not already annihilated, is on the brink of destruction." - St. George Tucker

A careful definition of words would destroy half the agenda of the political left and scrutinizing evidence would destroy the other half. - Thomas Sowell

"To ban guns because criminals use them is to tell the innocent and law-abiding that their rights and liberties depend not on their own conduct, but on the conduct of the guilty and the lawless, and that the law will permit them to have only such rights and liberties as the lawless will allow...

For society does not control crime, ever, by forcing the law-abiding to accommodate themselves to the expected behavior of criminals. Society controls crime by forcing the criminals to accommodate themselves to the expected behavior of the law-abiding." - Jeff Snyder

Personal weapons are what raised mankind out of the mud, and the rifle is the queen of personal weapons. The possession of a good rifle, as well as the skill to use it well, truly makes a man the monarch of all he surveys. It realizes the ancient dream of the Jovian thunderbolt, and as such it is the embodiment of personal power. For this reason it exercises a curious influence over the minds of most men, and in its best examples it constitutes an object of affection unmatched by any other inanimate object.

Jeff Cooper
1997 The Art of the Rifle Page 1.

SUGGEST CASE BE SUBMITTED ON APPELLANT'S BRIEF. UNABLE TO OBTAIN ANY MONEY FROM CLIENTS TO BE PRESENT & ARGUE BRIEF.

The defense attorney's telegram to the clerk of the Supreme Court, March 29, 1939, in re United States. v. Miller.

You don't need to go to Law School to understand the constitutional implications of that.

“You can’t cut the throat of every cocksucker whose character it would improve.”
cityslicker wrote:
I don't want to be told that I can't remove the tree by some tree-hugging pole smoker from the eat-a-dick foundation/Olympia/King County.

Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:53 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Someone should ask her emotional highness how she feels about her part in starting the second civil war...

You are entitled to your opinion. You are not entitled to tell me what mine must be.

Do justice. Love mercy.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” ~ Richard P. Feynman

Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:58 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

i've read the comments to her post and (shocker!!!) all pro 2A comments are being deleted

yeah, let's work on a solution and have a dialogue my ass :bonghit:

Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:10 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

movingviolation wrote:
i've read the comments to her post and (shocker!!!) all pro 2A comments are being deleted

yeah, let's work on a solution and have a dialogue my ass :bonghit:

It's the Liberal way...the "discussion" only involves Their views.

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:16 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

i tried to have a discussion about this on nextdoor.com for my 'hood
my experience was pretty much the same as this Designer Twat - if you don't agree with us (bunch of soccer moms and whatnot) then you shouldn't be replying here

one fellow over there called it Q.U.S. - Quivering Uterus Syndrome, i got a good laugh out of that :bow: :bigsmile:

Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:35 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Rix86 wrote:
Sometimes it seems we're standing on the grounds we're going to die on.

Exactly...we need to keep fighting...but we're fighting against tide of emotion.

The 2A is an ailing beast. Hope for the best...prepare for the worst.

-- Travis A Kisner

Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:21 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

A few points.

Their "common sense" isn't so common since the majority of anti-gunners also fail to recognize the XY chromosome, believe in man made climate change due to carbon use, and a litany of other nonsense claims. It also entirely fails to appreciate history, corrupt governments, tyranny/genocides following gun control, and the cause-effect of violent crime (hint- it's not access to guns).

Their "common sense" and "reasonable gun control" amounts to gun bans. They NEVER put forth any pro-gun measures. It's just more bans. While fails to recognize that the areas with the MOST violence tend to be those with the strictest gun control. So, again, what is "common sense" about more bans?

Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:22 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

TINCANBANDIT wrote:
jukk0u wrote:
the work isn't just in the legislature, as pointed out above, but also in your local school boards (parents, get involved!) and at the dinner table (PARENTS! GET INVOLVED!)

This^^ we made a HUGE mistake in letting the Communists get a hold of our schools, We could do it with school vouchers and parents actually talking to teachers and letting them know that teaching kids what to think is NOT acceptable

I think this is the biggest problem. Most of those kids (if not all) who are doing the protests have never touched a gun in their lives. It takes one-on-one with the kids around the dinner table, at the range, in Cub Scouts, in the school. Start at the local level. Don't give up - this is where you have the most power.

A large reason I home school my boys is so that their teacher (me) will always be carrying. School safety drills include discussions on staying out of Mom's line of fire. "Stay behind me! I need to be between you and any bad guy."

Please don't devolve this thread into bashing all women. It's not true. Every group has to deal with their stereotypes giving that group a bad name.

Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:09 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

PTmorgan wrote:
Please don't devolve this thread into bashing all women. It's not true. Every group has to deal with their stereotypes giving that group a bad name.

Agreed.

I saw that earlier. Guess I should have said something...

Do justice. Love mercy.

Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:17 pm

So a question for the Design Mom...when she gets mugged for her Prada shoes and Gucci bag will she call a cop with a GUN or the fashion police? :thumbsup2:

Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:24 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Damn! I wish she'd change that marking on the bow. Is that a boy or...?

Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:28 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

zombie66 wrote:
Maybe Design Mom should make me a goddam sammich and leave my rights alone...

Ill take a hamncheez pleez! :thumbsup2:

Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:52 pm
Reply to topic   [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next