Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:52 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Youtube - no more reloading videos ... and many others. 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/7667605?hl=en

Prohibited: "Provides instructions on manufacturing a firearm, ammunition, high capacity magazine, homemade silencers/suppressors, or certain firearms accessories such as those listed above."

It's going to take a while, since the search shows 2,890,000 results for "reloading".

Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:53 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

So basically I’m not going to be a YouTube gunsmith anymore...

Which is the better: a good friend, a good heart, a good eye, a good neighbor, a good wife, or the understanding of consequences? It is none of these. A warm and senitive soul which knows the worth of fellowship and the price of the individual dignity, this is best.

Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:57 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

We should consider hosting a few videos.

Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Join the NRA
Firearms Policy Coalition

Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:01 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Google is just beginning a major information war. This is the next level of the culture wars. Guns and gun ownership will be frowned upon and suppressed every way imaginable.

DDG needs to start a video hosting service to compete with youtube. Time to break google's monopoly. While they're at it they can start making phones that won't spy on you too. I'd buy one.

Quote:
“I want to make something clear, I’m going to guarantee you this is not the last you’ve seen of him (Beto),” Biden said Monday evening during a campaign rally in Dallas. “You’re (Beto) going to take care of the gun problem with me. You’re (Beto) going to be the one who leads this effort.”

https://www.newsweek.com/beto-orourke-g ... ns-1465738
Quote:
[Beto O'Rourke Suggests Police Would 'Visit' Homes To Implement Proposed Assault Weapons Ban] "In that case, I think that there would be a visit by law enforcement to recover that firearm... ..."If someone does not turn in an AR-15 or an AK-47, one of these weapons of war...then that weapon will be taken from them"

Last edited by Alpine on Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:11 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

So this should be a boost for Patreon.
(But much like over-the-air tv I feel like advertisers should bear the costs of production and distribution of "content".)

Still, Patreon gives 2A bloggers an outlet and source of support.

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:13 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

create a youtube competitor.............

From a blog: Political Correctness - the belief that one can pick up a turd by the clean end.

Benjamin Franklin: It is the (civic) responsibility of every citizen to question authority.

Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:40 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Annoying but they will appear on 360

Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:44 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act provides Google, Youtube, Facebook, Waguns etc a shield from liability of what their users post.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Section_2 ... ecency_Act

Quote:
No provider or user of an interactive computer service shall be treated as the publisher or speaker of any information provided by another information content provider.

Google et al are just Providers, not Publishers. I am of the opinion, that when Google/Facebook decide what can/cannot be published, that they are in fact publishers, not providers. The more and more they filter content, the further they move from Providers/Platforms, to Publishers. Thus the more they censor, the more they give up their immunity of liability.

Google is now an Information Content Provider, because they pick and choose which content to provide. They have lost immunity from prosecution. It's time to sue them out of existence.

Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:47 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

danoh wrote:

That's what Patreon aspires to be.

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:18 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

jukk0u wrote:
danoh wrote:

That's what Patreon aspires to be.

Will check them out.

From a blog: Political Correctness - the belief that one can pick up a turd by the clean end.

Benjamin Franklin: It is the (civic) responsibility of every citizen to question authority.

Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:42 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

To truly succeed we need a YouTube alternative that will allow any content as long as its legal and promise to never remove any lawful content. That would be huge.

Quote:
“I want to make something clear, I’m going to guarantee you this is not the last you’ve seen of him (Beto),” Biden said Monday evening during a campaign rally in Dallas. “You’re (Beto) going to take care of the gun problem with me. You’re (Beto) going to be the one who leads this effort.”

https://www.newsweek.com/beto-orourke-g ... ns-1465738
Quote:
[Beto O'Rourke Suggests Police Would 'Visit' Homes To Implement Proposed Assault Weapons Ban] "In that case, I think that there would be a visit by law enforcement to recover that firearm... ..."If someone does not turn in an AR-15 or an AK-47, one of these weapons of war...then that weapon will be taken from them"

Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:02 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

BadKarma wrote:
We should consider hosting a few videos.
That would be cool.

Every user on here should probably use a YouTube downloader and start saving a copy locally of videos of gun and reloading related content that they and or the community find especially valuable. That is of course if you haven't been already doing that.

I have sort of seen the writing on the wall for quite some time with regards to what yourube/Google have started to do with censorship.

Sent from Proxima Centauri B through the ether using FTP transmission technology, Honey Encryption, and Peanut Butter & Jelly sandwiches

Spoiler: show
"Half the harm that is done in this world is due to people who want to feel important. They don't mean to do harm -- but the harm does not interest them. Or they do not see it, or they justify it because they are absorbed in the endless struggle to think well of themselves." – T.S. Eliot

"The right of self defence is the first law of nature: in most governments it has been the study of rulers to confine this right within the narrowest limits possible. Wherever standing armies are kept up, and the right of the people to keep and bear arms is, under any colour or pretext whatsoever, prohibited, liberty, if not already annihilated, is on the brink of destruction." - St. George Tucker

A careful definition of words would destroy half the agenda of the political left and scrutinizing evidence would destroy the other half. - Thomas Sowell

"To ban guns because criminals use them is to tell the innocent and law-abiding that their rights and liberties depend not on their own conduct, but on the conduct of the guilty and the lawless, and that the law will permit them to have only such rights and liberties as the lawless will allow...

For society does not control crime, ever, by forcing the law-abiding to accommodate themselves to the expected behavior of criminals. Society controls crime by forcing the criminals to accommodate themselves to the expected behavior of the law-abiding." - Jeff Snyder

Personal weapons are what raised mankind out of the mud, and the rifle is the queen of personal weapons. The possession of a good rifle, as well as the skill to use it well, truly makes a man the monarch of all he surveys. It realizes the ancient dream of the Jovian thunderbolt, and as such it is the embodiment of personal power. For this reason it exercises a curious influence over the minds of most men, and in its best examples it constitutes an object of affection unmatched by any other inanimate object.

Jeff Cooper
1997 The Art of the Rifle Page 1.

SUGGEST CASE BE SUBMITTED ON APPELLANT'S BRIEF. UNABLE TO OBTAIN ANY MONEY FROM CLIENTS TO BE PRESENT & ARGUE BRIEF.

The defense attorney's telegram to the clerk of the Supreme Court, March 29, 1939, in re United States. v. Miller.

You don't need to go to Law School to understand the constitutional implications of that.

“You can’t cut the throat of every cocksucker whose character it would improve.”
cityslicker wrote:
I don't want to be told that I can't remove the tree by some tree-hugging pole smoker from the eat-a-dick foundation/Olympia/King County.

Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:20 pm

The problem with making a competitor to google is that google search will just block it....

This has to be illegal somehow.... if bakers are being sued for not making cakes for gay couples under discrimination laws, how can this be tolerated? Does just saying 'its prohibited' mean your not discriminating? Even if its a legal and accepted activity?

Watch for more morality police.... They KNOW what is best for us.

Of the ten voices I hear in my head, only three keep telling me NOT to shoot....
Do I go with the majority or common sense?

Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:42 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Alpine wrote:
Google is just beginning a major information war. This is the next level of the culture wars. Guns and gun ownership will be frowned upon and suppressed every way imaginable.

Exactly.

I rated that YouTube page as "not helpful," by the way.

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:20 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

irritating - I point people to youtube to see videos too big to share on a forum...

Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:49 pm
Reply to topic   [ 36 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next