Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:32 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Signs of a sick culture 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

What are the signs of a sick culture?

When the people of a country stop identifying themselves with the country, and start identifying with a group. A racial group. Or a religion. Or a language. Anything, as long as it isn't the whole population.

Dominance of males over females.

When the population looses faith in both the police and the courts.

High taxation is important and so is inflation of the currency, and the ratio of the productive to those on the public payroll.

Any law that is not enforced and can't be enforced weakens all other laws.

Violence. Muggins. Sniping. Arson. Bombing. Terrorism of any sort. Riots of course.

Conscription and slavery and arbitrary compulsion of all sorts. Imprisonment without bail and without speedy trial.

A dying culture invariably exhibits personal rudeness. Bad manners. Lack of consideration for others in minor matters.

Off Topic:
Laws to sweep back the tide never work.

There are just two sorts of lawyers: those who spend their efforts making life easy for other people, and parasites.

Sat Mar 24, 2018 7:31 am
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Well I dont see the dominance of males over feemales...actually I'm seeing more of the reverse.

Lots of meek males and gruff overbearing females.

"Let us Cross the river and sit in the shade of the trees" .....Stonewall Jackson

T. Jefferson "....the tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. it is it's natural manure"

Sat Mar 24, 2018 7:43 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

WaJim wrote:
Well I dont see the dominance of males over feemales...actually I'm seeing more of the reverse.

Meek males make my skin crawl.

Sat Mar 24, 2018 8:19 pm

Arisaka wrote:
WaJim wrote:

Mine too. There were plenty of them in Olympia today...more than the usual amount. Pink pussy hats and all.....

Sat Mar 24, 2018 8:40 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Arisaka wrote:
WaJim wrote:

Actually, those are called soi bois...

Sat Mar 24, 2018 9:24 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Well to be fair the gender swapping femmy dudes wearing girls clothes and jewelry has been blamed on the Earth's need for a magnetic Pole swap...its 40,000 years overdue.

Not their fault.

Its a Global thing.....

https://futurism.com/earths-magnetic-po ... ue-switch/

Maybe its the reason the whole world is so F'd up.

"Let us Cross the river and sit in the shade of the trees" .....Stonewall Jackson

T. Jefferson "....the tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. it is it's natural manure"

Sun Mar 25, 2018 6:16 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Estrogen is prevalent in the water system from years of dumping birth control pills and other hormones down the sink. They make their way back into the water.
Filter your water before you drink it.

Sun Mar 25, 2018 6:53 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

sportsdad60 wrote:
Estrogen is prevalent in the water system from years of dumping birth control pills and other hormones down the sink. They make their way back into the water.

General Jack D. Ripper: Nineteen hundred and forty-six. 1946, Mandrake. How does that coincide with your post-war Commie conspiracy, huh? It's incredibly obvious, isn't it? A foreign substance is introduced into our precious bodily fluids without the knowledge of the individual. Certainly without any choice. That's the way your hard-core Commie works. .....

General Jack D. Ripper: I can assure you it has not recurred, Mandrake. Women uh... women sense my power and they seek the life essence. I, uh... I do not avoid women, Mandrake.

Group Capt. Lionel Mandrake: No.

General Jack D. Ripper: But I... I do deny them my essence.

Sent from Proxima Centauri B through the ether using FTP transmission technology, Honey Encryption, and Peanut Butter & Jelly sandwiches

Spoiler: show
"Half the harm that is done in this world is due to people who want to feel important. They don't mean to do harm -- but the harm does not interest them. Or they do not see it, or they justify it because they are absorbed in the endless struggle to think well of themselves." – T.S. Eliot

"The right of self defence is the first law of nature: in most governments it has been the study of rulers to confine this right within the narrowest limits possible. Wherever standing armies are kept up, and the right of the people to keep and bear arms is, under any colour or pretext whatsoever, prohibited, liberty, if not already annihilated, is on the brink of destruction." - St. George Tucker

A careful definition of words would destroy half the agenda of the political left and scrutinizing evidence would destroy the other half. - Thomas Sowell

"To ban guns because criminals use them is to tell the innocent and law-abiding that their rights and liberties depend not on their own conduct, but on the conduct of the guilty and the lawless, and that the law will permit them to have only such rights and liberties as the lawless will allow...

For society does not control crime, ever, by forcing the law-abiding to accommodate themselves to the expected behavior of criminals. Society controls crime by forcing the criminals to accommodate themselves to the expected behavior of the law-abiding." - Jeff Snyder

Personal weapons are what raised mankind out of the mud, and the rifle is the queen of personal weapons. The possession of a good rifle, as well as the skill to use it well, truly makes a man the monarch of all he surveys. It realizes the ancient dream of the Jovian thunderbolt, and as such it is the embodiment of personal power. For this reason it exercises a curious influence over the minds of most men, and in its best examples it constitutes an object of affection unmatched by any other inanimate object.

Jeff Cooper
1997 The Art of the Rifle Page 1.

SUGGEST CASE BE SUBMITTED ON APPELLANT'S BRIEF. UNABLE TO OBTAIN ANY MONEY FROM CLIENTS TO BE PRESENT & ARGUE BRIEF.

The defense attorney's telegram to the clerk of the Supreme Court, March 29, 1939, in re United States. v. Miller.

You don't need to go to Law School to understand the constitutional implications of that.

“You can’t cut the throat of every cocksucker whose character it would improve.”
cityslicker wrote:
I don't want to be told that I can't remove the tree by some tree-hugging pole smoker from the eat-a-dick foundation/Olympia/King County.

Sun Mar 25, 2018 9:36 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

snozzberries wrote:
Muggins.

Fuking people with no magic ability or special power need to be eliminated.

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Sun Mar 25, 2018 9:51 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

sportsdad60 wrote:

help me understand. Define prevalent. Which water system? When did it start? What is the trend? Which municipal water systems do not filter? Which filter systems work for estrogen?

Sun Mar 25, 2018 9:58 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Here's an article that give a summary of the problem:
https://www.scientificamerican.com/arti ... er-supply/

Filtering doesn't reeeealy work all that well.
Still, I might be more concerned with the fire retardants that have been found in most municiple water supplies.

https://theintercept.com/2015/12/16/tox ... with-pfcs/

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:16 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I’ve heard that too. Also, when a women pees the unused estrogen is flushed from the body. We should ban peeing by women on the pill.

Sun Mar 25, 2018 1:02 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

jukk0u wrote:
Here's an article that give a summary of the problem:
https://www.scientificamerican.com/arti ... er-supply/

Filtering doesn't reeeealy work all that well...

According to the linked article " Of the many different kinds of in-home water filtration systems available today, only those employing reverse osmosis have been shown to filter out some drugs."
Which is like saying to avoid the risk of catching on fire from fireballs from space we should all wear asbestos clothes.

Sun Mar 25, 2018 1:44 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

sportsdad60 wrote:
Estrogen is prevalent in the water system from years of dumping birth control pills and other hormones down the sink.]

Actually the linked article says the source is urine, not pills. It also says "according to USGS, such chemicals and medications are so diluted—at levels equal to a thimble full of water in an Olympic-sized swimming pool—that they do not pose a health threat."
So...not prevalent...

Sun Mar 25, 2018 1:48 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

quantsuff wrote:
sportsdad60 wrote:
Estrogen is prevalent in the water system from years of dumping birth control pills and other hormones down the sink.]

Actually the linked article says the source is urine, not pills. It also says "according to USGS, such chemicals and medications are so diluted—at levels equal to a thimble full of water in an Olympic-sized swimming pool—that they do not pose a health threat."
So...not prevalent...

And yet aquatic animals are being affected. Newsweek posted articles about frogs flipping sex as a response to exposure. The same article above says that even the "trace amounts" may have effects (decades of exposure...). Depends on who you ask... looking at that Hogg fellow and his ilk, at the early onset of menstruation in kids, lower spermcounts, lower libido gynocomastia
https://chestsculpting.com/the-dangers- ... ing-water/

https://news.nationalgeographic.com/new ... -fish.html

Yeah, just trace amounts... like the trace amounts of Fukushima radiation. Trace amounts over DECADES... but nothing to see here folks... just move along; you're killing profits.

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Sun Mar 25, 2018 6:45 pm
Reply to topic   [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next