Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:00 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 Freedom Of Speech.. IF we agree with you 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Apparently, there was an incident with my school's Republican club. I have no affiliation with this club but just read it on my feed and thought an individual's response to it was very interesting:

Quote:
Ana Mari Cauce, Today a UW Student was wrongfully arrested by UWPD after being harassed and having the cops called on her by the UW College Republicans. Since then, photos of her have been posted which were taken without her consent, UWCR members are harassing her in the comments, and Chevy Swanson has made a post threatening to shoot activists on campus. Ana Mari Cauce and UW need to address this. The College Republicans continue to endanger the lives of UW Students and it is beyond time that something is done about them. They have been continually given a platform and protection to spew hatred, and they must be stopped.

Now, to my knowledge, this group has not actually harmed anyone on campus considering that 1) it's illegal and 2) there's a high chance of getting expelled given the extreme liberal administration and intolerance for other mindsets.

If the person did make threads to shoot activists, then the local PD should follow up and take necessary actions.

This part really got me: "The College Republicans continue to endanger the lives of UW Students and it is beyond time that something is done about them. They have been continually given a platform and protection to spew hatred, and they must be stopped."

This sounds awfully much like the Muslim travel ban that they so exuberantly disavowed, except now that it's being done to white people, it doesn't really matter cause privilege. I'm guessing any kind of speech that isn't polite, encouraging, or against what they believe is grounds for silencing..

It's really unfortunate that people actually think this is okay. This is my generation.

End of rant. What are your thoughts?

Edit: Found an article about said incident. This is from the UWCR group so things may or may not be accurate as there are always two sides to the story.
http://www.dailyuw.com/news/article_c98ba8a2-43a5-11e8-9ce8-0bd9dae0754a.html

Last edited by Jaejin0417 on Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:08 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Jaejin0417 wrote:
Apparently, there was an incident with my school's Republican Democratic club. I have no affiliation with this club but just read it on my feed and thought an individual's response to it was very interesting:

Quote:
Ana Mari Cauce, Today a UW Student was wrongfully arrested by UWPD after being harassed and having the cops called on her by the UW College Republicans Democratic . Since then, photos of her have been posted which were taken without her consent, UWCR D members are harassing her in the comments, and Chevy Swanson has made a post threatening to shoot activists on campus. Ana Mari Cauce and UW need to address this. The College Republicans Democratic continue to endanger the lives of UW Students and it is beyond time that something is done about them. They have been continually given a platform and protection to spew hatred, and they must be stopped.

Now, to my knowledge, this group has not actually harmed anyone on campus considering that 1) it's illegal and 2) there's a high chance of getting expelled given the extreme liberal administration and intolerance for other mindsets.

If the person did make threads to shoot activists, then the local PD should follow up and take necessary actions.

This part really got me: "The College Republicans Democratic continue to endanger the lives of UW Students and it is beyond time that something is done about them. They have been continually given a platform and protection to spew hatred, and they must be stopped."

This sounds awfully much like the Muslim travel ban that they so exuberantly disavowed, except now that it's being done to white people, it doesn't really matter cause privilege. I'm guessing any kind of speech that isn't polite, encouraging, or against what they believe is grounds for silencing..

It's really unfortunate that people actually think this is okay. This is my generation.

I'd believe this more if it was written the way I fixed it.

Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:16 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

AR15L wrote:
Jaejin0417 wrote:
Apparently, there was an incident with my school's Republican Democratic club. I have no affiliation with this club but just read it on my feed and thought an individual's response to it was very interesting:

Quote:
Ana Mari Cauce, Today a UW Student was wrongfully arrested by UWPD after being harassed and having the cops called on her by the UW College Republicans Democratic . Since then, photos of her have been posted which were taken without her consent, UWCR D members are harassing her in the comments, and Chevy Swanson has made a post threatening to shoot activists on campus. Ana Mari Cauce and UW need to address this. The College Republicans Democratic continue to endanger the lives of UW Students and it is beyond time that something is done about them. They have been continually given a platform and protection to spew hatred, and they must be stopped.

This part really got me: "The College Republicans Democratic continue to endanger the lives of UW Students and it is beyond time that something is done about them. They have been continually given a platform and protection to spew hatred, and they must be stopped."

I'd believe this more if it was written the way I fixed it.

This is great. Maybe I should post this as a comment on the post. Will probably get lots of threats and get harassed online. The irony eh??

Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:21 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'd like more details on this supposed illegal arrest.

Should we start taking bets?

' all I did was pour water on him'

' all I did was steal his hat of hatred'

' Free Speech means I can tear down his signs, that's my speech'

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:22 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

TechnoWeenie wrote:
I'd like more details on this supposed illegal arrest.

Should we start taking bets?

' all I did was pour water on him'

' all I did was steal his hat of hatred'

' Free Speech means I can tear down his signs, that's my speech'

Just found an article on the incident.

http://www.dailyuw.com/news/article_c98 ... 0754a.html

Not sure if the person arrested is the same person that was “illegally arrested,” but if it is.... then what’s illegal about it?

Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:28 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Apparently UWPD felt this person had done enough to justify arresting her, at least according to the written account. Sounds like she isn't exactly an innocent victim in all of this.

Having the powers that be quell divergent thought does certainly seem to be ever more popular among the snowflake crowd. Also, they'd probably like to remind me that calling them snowflakes is mean and someone should ban that word.

"Sticks and stones, love." -- Jack Sparrow

Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:31 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Quote:
the woman flicked the paint from a soda-pop bottle onto the booth.

Damn... I believe I win.... Poured liquid on them AND destroyed a sign..

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:08 am

Yep it's the college republicans' fault that they can't even have speakers on campus without thousands of leftists and antifa showing up to beat and threaten people

I was working near campus and almost showed for the Milo event where that dude was shot, glad I didn't go.

I still say that was a good shoot.

Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:27 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

mancat wrote:
Yep it's the college republicans' fault that they can't even have speakers on campus without thousands of leftists and antifa showing up to beat and threaten people

I was working near campus and almost showed for the Milo event where that dude was shot, glad I didn't go.

I brought the speaker up and she/he said UWCR caused the shooting because of the speaker...?

Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:32 am

Jaejin0417 wrote:
mancat wrote:

I brought the speaker up and she/he said UWCR caused the shooting because of the speaker...?

So they are saying ideas and information are dangerous and life threatening?

Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:35 am
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]