Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:04 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Two guys in Burien attack a Homeless guy.... 
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Because it gets bumped 4 pages down and people can't find it?

Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:16 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Guntrader wrote:
Because it gets bumped 4 pages down and people can't find it?

Yeah, first and last post there. I thought people would harangue my ass for starting a new thread for something as common as a machete attack in the jungles of the south.

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:34 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

If the aforementioned animals wearing human skin are not fit to Keep and Bear Arms, then they have not served their deserved sentence.

It's a bit of the "Which came first?" routine... Under current guidelines they have served their time, but are still a danger to innocent people => (therefore) the current guidelines and system are probably not adequate to reform some animals.

Are the jails and prisons too soft, and function more like breeding grounds for tougher criminals? Bring back the deep dark drippy hole and feed them through a small hole in the stainless steel door.
"Don't want to go back in the deep dark hole? Don't do the crime. Next deep dark hole is only 6 feet deep, but there is no way out."
Otherwise, if they are not incarcerated, they have the Natural Right to defend themselves by all means necessary, as all free people do.

Also, I have thought long and hard about how some crimes can be black and white as far as there being no possibility (or desire) to reform the criminal. There are a few, in my opinion.
Here are a couple off the top of my head -
-Crimes that involve violence against strangers, as in complete strangers. Fuck those people... to death and right away.
-Sex crimes against children below a certain age, TBD by the "age of innocence" which varies by person and case.

Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:15 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

PMB wrote:
If the aforementioned animals wearing human skin are not fit to Keep and Bear Arms, then they have not served their deserved sentence.

It's a bit of the "Which came first?" routine... Under current guidelines they have served their time, but are still a danger to innocent people => (therefore) the current guidelines and system are probably not adequate to reform some animals.

Are the jails and prisons too soft, and function more like breeding grounds for tougher criminals? Bring back the deep dark drippy hole and feed them through a small hole in the stainless steel door.
"Don't want to go back in the deep dark hole? Don't do the crime. Next deep dark hole is only 6 feet deep, but there is no way out."
Otherwise, if they are not incarcerated, they have the Natural Right to defend themselves by all means necessary, as all free people do.

Also, I have thought long and hard about how some crimes can be black and white as far as there being no possibility (or desire) to reform the criminal. There are a few, in my opinion.
-Crimes that involve violence against strangers, as in complete strangers. Fuck those people... to death and right away.
-Sex crimes against children below a certain age, TBD by the "age of innocence" which varies by person and case.

This right here, if they cannot be trusted with guns, then they cannot be trusted outside the walls of a prison.

Actor portrayal, Action figures sold separately, You must be at least this tall to ride, Individual results may vary, Sales tax not included, All models are over 18 years of age, upon approval of credit, Quantities are limited while supplies last, Some restrictions apply, Not available with other offers, At participating locations only, Void where prohibited, Above terms subject to change without notice, Patent pending.

See my blog: http://tincanbandit.blogspot.com/

Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:14 pm
Profile WWW
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Selador wrote:
Lets say that every one of the criminals illustrated in this thread... Are arrested.

Let's say they do their time...

Do you REALLY think that just because they did their time, they should now be allowed to have guns???

Well first off its doubtful either of the machete wielding a-holes see any time in (God Forbid) Prison.

It'll be blamed on their lack of a dad and rough childhood.

Second....They could give two shits about laws restricting their Gat Ownin Privileges.

They'll do as they please.....

"Let us Cross the river and sit in the shade of the trees" .....Stonewall Jackson

T. Jefferson "....the tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. it is it's natural manure"

Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:35 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

TINCANBANDIT wrote:
PMB wrote:

This right here, if they cannot be trusted with guns, then they cannot be trusted outside the walls of a prison.

Another tidbit to chew on is that none of us are 100% trustworthy. We're human. We trust our fellow citizens because we are equals, not because we're all "safe".
I prefer a dangerous freedom to a peaceful slavery.

And my last sequitur - Slavery is not more safe nor more peaceful than freedom.

Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:24 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Whether they care or not. In my opinion, they have proven they should never be given the right to own a gun.

You can blur the fact by saying they should be in prison for the rest of their life. The fact remains they brutally attacked two people in cold blood. And in doing so proved they should never ever be given legal access to a gun. Period.

How can I help you, and/or make you smile, today?

You are entitled to your opinion. You are not entitled to tell me what mine must be.

Do justice. Love mercy.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” ~ Richard P. Feynman

Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:51 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Selador wrote:
Whether they care or not. In my opinion, they have proven they should never be given the right to own a gun.

You can blur the fact by saying they should be in prison for the rest of their life. The fact remains they brutally attacked two people in cold blood. And in doing so proved they should never ever be given legal access to a gun or voting rights. Period.

fixd

Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:04 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Tuba Man Killers served no prison sentence....just sayin.

"Let us Cross the river and sit in the shade of the trees" .....Stonewall Jackson

T. Jefferson "....the tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. it is it's natural manure"

Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:05 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Selador wrote:

You can blur the fact by saying they should be in prison for the rest of their life. The fact remains they brutally attacked two people in cold blood. And in doing so proved they should never ever be given legal access to a gun. Period.

There is nothing blurred.
Quote:
...some crimes can be black and white as far as there being no possibility (or desire) to reform the criminal. There are a few, in my opinion.

Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:12 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

PMB wrote:
Selador wrote:

There is nothing blurred.
Quote:
...some crimes can be black and white as far as there being no possibility (or desire) to reform the criminal. There are a few, in my opinion.

It is a blurring.

The debate in the past has been, whether people who have served their time, should be given their gun rights back. It is a legal question. Not a 'natural' one.

I am stating unequivocally that these evil sociopaths should never again be given the legal right to own a gun.

Instead of facing the statement head-on, I am given answers about how they should be in prison for life, should be dead, or they have the same 'natural' rights as the rest of us. A blurring. Not a direct response.

Do you, or do you not think that once they have served whatever sentence the courts may give them, should they be arrested, tried and convicted... They should be given back the right to own a gun?

You are entitled to your opinion. You are not entitled to tell me what mine must be.

Do justice. Love mercy.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” ~ Richard P. Feynman

Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:37 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Selador wrote:
It is a blurring.

The debate in the past has been, whether people who have served their time, should be given their gun rights back. It is a legal question. Not a 'natural' one.

I am stating unequivocally that these evil sociopaths should never again be given the legal right to own a gun.

Instead of facing the statement head-on, I am given answers about how they should be in prison for life, should be dead, or they have the same 'natural' rights as the rest of us. A blurring. Not a direct response.

Do you, or do you not think that once they have served whatever sentence the courts may give them, should they be arrested, tried and convicted... They should be given back the right to own a gun?

Perhaps it seems blurred to you. Not to me.
I have been unequivocal. If they are not in prison, they should have all rights that any other free man has.

If you disagree, that is your right. No need to ask me again.

Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:07 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

PMB wrote:
Selador wrote:
It is a blurring.

Perhaps it seems blurred to you. Not to me.
I have been unequivocal. If they are not in prison, they should have all rights that any other free man has.

If you disagree, that is your right. No need to ask me again.

That works. :bigsmile:

We will agree to disagree.

Do justice. Love mercy.

Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:12 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

WaGuns Code of Conduct Violation.

Ending a disagreement that could become heated and entertaining is in severe violation of COC #492, with an additional violation for not requiring Mod intervention (though not sure if this applies when arguing WITH a Mod...)

:bigsmile:

But seriously, this is a tough issue to me. I can't think of these guys in particular, because it enrages me and I'm ready to throw them under the jail....

But I have to consider, what if I fucked up just once, or worse, was wrongly accused. Wouldn't I still want to protect my family after I got out? Wouldn't I have a right to?

On the other hand, we eventually take driving privileges away from those who drink & drive & harm others multiple times, or restrict when they can drive.

And if someone has repeated felonious acts of aggression, injury, or worse.....

To me, being able to apply for reinstatement, and having your crimes and the propensity for recidivism be reviewed, seems to make th most sense.

If the Las Vegas shooter had lived, and somehow done his time and got out, I'm not sure his gun rights should have been reinstated.....BUT....if he got out and was able to prove he was somehow set up.....then he should be able to appeal....

okay....squirrelly, incongruous thought process over.... :thumbsup2:

Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:28 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

NWGunner wrote:
WaGuns Code of Conduct Violation.

Ending a disagreement that could become heated and entertaining is in severe violation of COC #492, with an additional violation for not requiring Mod intervention (though not sure if this applies when arguing WITH a Mod...)

:bigsmile:

:thumbsup2:

You, sir, have potential!

I’ll keep you in mind for the next CoC rewrite. :bigsmile:

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:24 am
Reply to topic   [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next