Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:36 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 YETI Coolers Drops NRA Foundation 
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

jukk0u wrote:
I did the same and received a response that said their elimination of whatever program the NRA had been involved with WAS terminated but so were similar programs for other organizations.

Hmm. I just checked the promotions folder... Nothing there nor in my In box.
You must have worded your letter better than I did.

Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:15 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Here is what they sent me:

We're writing in response to your recent email inquiry.

A few weeks ago, YETI notified the NRA Foundation, as well as a number of other organizations, that we were eliminating a group of outdated discounting programs. When we notified the NRA Foundation and the other organizations of this change, YETI explained that we were offering them an alternative customization program broadly available to consumers and organizations, including the NRA Foundation. These facts directly contradict the inaccurate statement the NRA-ILA distributed on April 20.

Further, the NRA-ILA stated in that same public communication that "[YETI has] declined to continue helping America's young people enjoy outdoor recreational activities." Nothing is further from the truth. YETI was founded more than 10 years ago with a passion for the outdoors, and over the course of our history we have actively and enthusiastically supported hunters, anglers and the broader outdoor community. We have been devoted to and will continue to directly support causes tied to our passion for the outdoors, including by working with many organizations that promote conservation and management of wildlife resources and habitat restoration. From our website to our film footage and from our social media posts to our ambassadors, YETI has always prominently featured hunters pursuing their passions. Moreover, YETI is unwavering in our belief in and commitment to the Constitution of the United States and its Second Amendment.

Thanks for reaching out to YETI

Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:14 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

I'm convinced. Can't state it a bunch clearer than that.

Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:50 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

PMB wrote:
jukk0u wrote:
I did the same and received a response that said their elimination of whatever program the NRA had been involved with WAS terminated but so were similar programs for other organizations.

Hmm. I just checked the promotions folder... Nothing there nor in my In box.
You must have worded your letter better than I did.

Same here, I checked all my folders. Haven’t heard back yet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:33 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

This was posted 9 hours ago.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Join the NRA
Firearms Policy Coalition

Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:07 pm
Profile WWW

Yeti is kowtowing to REI who will not support any supplier involved with firearms.

EABOD Yeti.

Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:04 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Motivated wrote:
Yeti is kowtowing to REI who will not support any supplier involved with firearms.

EABOD Yeti.

Kowtowing.

I didn't know there was still anyone around who knew how that was supposed to be spelled! :bigsmile: :thumbsup2:

How can I help you, and/or make you smile, today?

You are entitled to your opinion. You are not entitled to tell me what mine must be.

Do justice. Love mercy.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” ~ Richard P. Feynman

Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:15 am

Selador wrote:
Motivated wrote:

EABOD Yeti.

Kowtowing.

I didn't know there was still anyone around who knew how that was supposed to be spelled! :bigsmile: :thumbsup2:

I use fancy words like that. :ROFLMAO:
-----------------------------
Former NRA President Doubles Down: Yeti Demanded NRA Cease Using Cooler Company Logo After Parkland

YETI severed ties with the NRA and is now engaging in damage control after a backlash from many of its customers. In early March, YETI refused to place a previously negotiated order from NRA-ILA, citing “recent events” as the reason – a clear reference to the tragedy in Parkland, Florida. YETI then delivered notice to the NRA Foundation that it was terminating a 7-year agreement and demanded that the NRA remove the YETI name and logo from all NRA digital assets, as well as refrain from using any YETI trademarks in future print material. While YETI is trying to spin the story otherwise, those are the facts. While Yeti can choose to run from the NRA, they can’t run from the facts.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government ... pany-logo/

Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:27 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Motivated wrote:
Selador wrote:
Motivated wrote:

EABOD Yeti.

Kowtowing.

I use fancy words like that. :ROFLMAO:
-----------------------------
Former NRA President Doubles Down: Yeti Demanded NRA Cease Using Cooler Company Logo After Parkland

YETI severed ties with the NRA and is now engaging in damage control after a backlash from many of its customers. In early March, YETI refused to place a previously negotiated order from NRA-ILA, citing “recent events” as the reason – a clear reference to the tragedy in Parkland, Florida. YETI then delivered notice to the NRA Foundation that it was terminating a 7-year agreement and demanded that the NRA remove the YETI name and logo from all NRA digital assets, as well as refrain from using any YETI trademarks in future print material. While YETI is trying to spin the story otherwise, those are the facts. While Yeti can choose to run from the NRA, they can’t run from the facts.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government ... pany-logo/

Given what YETI said in their statements, I was starting to feel they'd gotten the raw end of a misunderstanding.

Reading between the lines, I was thinking they had dropped their previous deal with NRA, and replaced it with some meaningless pab. But was willing to overlook that suspicion, if it was actually a misunderstanding.

If these facts are true, I don't feel a bit sorry for them. They jumped on the me too bandwagon, threw the 2A under the bus, and now are trying to backstep because it was probably the stupidest mistake they could possibly have made, given their customer base...

Their best course of action now would be to admit they were wrong, apologize, and reinstate everything they had going with NRA. I won't be surprised at all if the same people who were eager to jump on that me too bandwagon, are going to be unwilling to admit their mistake.

It takes a certain kind of narcissistic outlook, and social snowflake mindset, to take their entire company down that me too road. That sort of person just doesn't publicly admit they make mistakes. They'd die and take their company with them, first. Unless enough normal people in the company rise up against them and force them to...

How can I help you, and/or make you smile, today?

You are entitled to your opinion. You are not entitled to tell me what mine must be.

Do justice. Love mercy.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” ~ Richard P. Feynman

Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:36 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'll stick by my previous comments.
They are waaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyy overpriced and like someone else said are now coming in at the bottom of all testing.

Almost reminds me of Starbux.

Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:44 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I will agree they are overpriced. However you wont convince me to buy anything from Wal-Mart. Can't imagine why Chuck would recommend Cabelas brand.....? There are tons of options out there folks, if you dont want Yeti, don't buy it.

Nemo Omen
JM Marlin 39M
Tikka T3 Tactical(.308)
BAR(.308)

Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:23 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

More on the Yeti saga. Apparently the letters they sent out were damage control to cover a hastily made decision to step away from gun owners?

https://constitution.com/true-scope-yet ... tion-prez/

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:21 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

They're done, stick a fork in 'em.

Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:32 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Make a dick move. Lose your dick.

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:42 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Check out ORCA coolers, they are made in Nashville, and always among the highest rated.

Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:32 pm
Reply to topic   [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next