Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:57 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Seattle Head tax... "The Head tax is a job killer" 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Barfly wrote:
<rant> Fuck Seattle. The city of Seattle and the twats on the Seattle City Council have been headed down the path of self destruction for quite a while now. I feel no concern over what the citizens have LET happen. They want to steer away from this path to doom? Get rid of the charlatan that have voted into office. </rant>

For those who have voted against the landslide of stupidity and against the knuckle-dragging mouth-breathers currently in office. I offer my condolences and suggest you abandon ship while your property still has value...

Funny you should say that.

After about 40 years of fighting ALL this bullshit, I decided to do exactly that. Closed on a house last week (guess what state it is not in). And yes, I am going to milk every dime out of my overpriced house and pay off the one I just bought (if the market holds for another few months). I have decided that I have done my bit, and now I just want a little peace and quiet for the rest of my years instead of having to look over my shoulder every f**king day for the next round of bat crap crazy shit coming down the pike. I feel no guilt what so ever, I have done my part, but you just can't fix stupid and this area seems to have an epidemic on it's hands.

I figure at least my vote can help stave off crazy someplace where the numbers are not completely insurmountable.

Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:05 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The problem with running away is that libs are locusts. They destroyed CA with their voting habits and even though they fled here they're doing it again. They don't learn, ever.

If you think ID, AK, MT or even WY will be safe you are just buying a little time before the locusts come to destroy those too. Eventually we have to take an electoral stand and stop the plague with massive grassroots voter outreach and organization.

Quote:
“I want to make something clear, I’m going to guarantee you this is not the last you’ve seen of him (Beto),” Biden said Monday evening during a campaign rally in Dallas. “You’re (Beto) going to take care of the gun problem with me. You’re (Beto) going to be the one who leads this effort.”

https://www.newsweek.com/beto-orourke-g ... ns-1465738
Quote:
[Beto O'Rourke Suggests Police Would 'Visit' Homes To Implement Proposed Assault Weapons Ban] "In that case, I think that there would be a visit by law enforcement to recover that firearm... ..."If someone does not turn in an AR-15 or an AK-47, one of these weapons of war...then that weapon will be taken from them"

Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:08 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

skey: soapbox

Alpine: ballot box

next up: :AR15firing:

Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:13 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

movingviolation wrote:
skey: soapbox

Alpine: ballot box

next up: :AR15firing:

Yeah, voting since the late 70s and injecting time and money as well. When you catch up, drop me a line.

Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:41 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

PW45 wrote:
Wonder if this will apply to city of sewer-attle employess? or sewer-attle city light? PD? Coast Guard station on pier 36? Detroit 2.0 here we come...

Dangit! You beat me to it.

I was going to say that it looks like they are trying to make Seattle into West Detroit.

As has been said before: Last one out, turn off the lights.

How can I help you, and/or make you smile, today?

You are entitled to your opinion. You are not entitled to tell me what mine must be.

Do justice. Love mercy.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” ~ Richard P. Feynman

Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:50 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Selador wrote:
PW45 wrote:
Wonder if this will apply to city of sewer-attle employess? or sewer-attle city light? PD? Coast Guard station on pier 36? Detroit 2.0 here we come...

Dangit! You beat me to it.

I was going to say that it looks like they are trying to make Seattle into West Detroit.

As has been said before: Last one out, turn off the lights.

Upside:

Congested Traffic issues would be solved.

"Let us Cross the river and sit in the shade of the trees" .....Stonewall Jackson

T. Jefferson "....the tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. it is it's natural manure"

Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:13 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Quote:
tax each worker 26.042 cents per hour

An income tax..... How the fuck is that NOT an income tax?

That's 2$/day. PER employee.. and how many people work in Seattle? According to Seattle... 558,023

(.26042 * 8) *558,023 =$1,162,562.79(728) a DAY..

WTF is Seattle gonna do with a million dollars A DAY?!

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:49 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

http://komonews.com/news/local/crowd-pa ... d-head-tax

The end of the Republic will be when people realize they can vote themselves access to the treasury...

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:02 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

TechnoWeenie wrote:
Quote:
tax each worker 26.042 cents per hour

An income tax..... How the fuck is that NOT an income tax?

That's 2$/day. PER employee.. and how many people work in Seattle? According to Seattle... 558,023

(.26042 * 8) *558,023 =$1,162,562.79(728) a DAY..

Um, Blow it. Duuuh.

It's not an income tax because it's not based on INCOME. It's based on hours worked.

It still astounds me how libtards shout for equality while a regressive tax structure is not just the norm, but the policy championed by the left. Maybe it's because I came from somewhere else that I see a different way.

Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:20 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Well I'm sure by the council's logic, they just raised the minimum wage, so those workers can now afford to pay that tax. Cha ching. :ROFLMAO:

Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:15 pm

TechnoWeenie wrote:
Quote:

They'll do what they always do, piss it all down a hole and tax the residents even more just to piss it all down the hole again.

Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:14 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The amount of tax revenue to Seattle right now is insane.

All of that hi-rise construction? Every bit of material, concrete, steel, piping, fixtures, everything is sales taxed.

And the property taxes of the homes and condos in Seattle? They keep so much money, yet never pave a residential street. How many residences are taxed per city block? A hell of a lot more than in any other city like Bellevue. In Bellevue, maybe 6 or 8 houses per acre, in Seattle dozens or even hundreds of condos in an acre.

It isn't even comparable, Seattle is a giant vacuum of tax money.

The greed is astounding, and increasing.

Sat Apr 28, 2018 3:21 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

bigzdawg wrote:
The amount of tax revenue to Seattle right now is insane.

All of that hi-rise construction? Every bit of material, concrete, steel, piping, fixtures, everything is sales taxed.

And the property taxes of the homes and condos in Seattle? They keep so much money, yet never pave a residential street. How many residences are taxed per city block? A hell of a lot more than in any other city like Bellevue. In Bellevue, maybe 6 or 8 houses per acre, in Seattle dozens or even hundreds of condos in an acre.

It isn't even comparable, Seattle is a giant vacuum of tax money.

The greed is astounding, and increasing.

Don't forget all the B&O tax for the businesses doing the construction. Oh, and the licenses. Don't forget the licenses.

Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:05 pm
Reply to topic   [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2