Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:03 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 So You Think You Can Move to a More Gun Friendly State? 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

President Trump's new tax plan, with its limit on deductions for state sales taxes paid may spur an increase in an already occurring exodus from high tax Blue states.

Of course, once in their new homes, they will drive the politics for tax increases there, too. (And most likely, gun control)

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018...port-says.html

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Thu Apr 26, 2018 5:01 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Linky stinky.

Thu Apr 26, 2018 5:39 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The federal taxes are the least of the reason these libs are spreading.

They are locusts that destroy theor home states with high state taxes, high crime via leniency toward criminals and restricting the rights of citizens to be armed and defend against crime. There are other factors too such as jobs, traffic, etc. All of those are also affected by their bad voting choices.

After they destroy their home states, they move to a nearby red state for an obvious increase in quality of life and yet they bring their voting habits with them.

Quote:
“I want to make something clear, I’m going to guarantee you this is not the last you’ve seen of him (Beto),” Biden said Monday evening during a campaign rally in Dallas. “You’re (Beto) going to take care of the gun problem with me. You’re (Beto) going to be the one who leads this effort.”

https://www.newsweek.com/beto-orourke-g ... ns-1465738
Quote:
[Beto O'Rourke Suggests Police Would 'Visit' Homes To Implement Proposed Assault Weapons Ban] "In that case, I think that there would be a visit by law enforcement to recover that firearm... ..."If someone does not turn in an AR-15 or an AK-47, one of these weapons of war...then that weapon will be taken from them"

Thu Apr 26, 2018 5:51 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

"Locusts." I love it. Fits perfectly.

Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:55 am
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer

Alpine wrote:

They are locusts that destroy theor home states with high state taxes, high crime via leniency toward criminals and restricting the rights of citizens to be armed and defend against crime. There are other factors too such as jobs, traffic, etc. All of those are also affected by their bad voting choices.

After they destroy their home states, they move to a nearby red state for an obvious increase in quality of life and yet they bring their voting habits with them.

Very true, I watched as Colorado was destroyed by these Marxist a-holes from CA. It didn't take long. 2-3 years for the Denver Metro area, and then another 2-3 for the areas east of the Rockies. The western slope is not so bad, but there is Aspen and the likes.

Naturally, the leftists voted in the likes of Dianna DeGette, who believes AR-15 magazines are consumed and somehow disappear after one use. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbel4SASUPQ

Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:05 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

3584ELK wrote:
Alpine wrote:

Very true, I watched as Colorado was destroyed by these Marxist a-holes from CA. It didn't take long. 2-3 years for the Denver Metro area, and then another 2-3 for the areas east of the Rockies. The western slope is not so bad, but there is Aspen and the likes.

Naturally, the leftists voted in the likes of Dianna DeGette, who believes AR-15 magazines are consumed and somehow disappear after one use. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbel4SASUPQ

True story.

I was there as it was tipping blue. My remaining friends in metro Denver say it's politically unrecognizable. Flooded with liberals and illegals with there anti-gun, big government, weed stores, and big tax agendas.

Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:17 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Montana is next, being influence by blue colleges in Missoula and Bozeman.
I witnessed this intrusion from CA when we sold our 30 acres in 2004 due to the Sierra Club members who bought property in our 10k acres of the Land owners association.
They infestated the LOA board and changed a shit ton of bi-laws that basically outlawed huntin in our 10k acres of Land Owners Association location near Ennis, MT on the gravelly moutanin range. (Where wife and I were married in 1990)

We sold that property because these were not our people we wanted to retire with, thus, NW Montana property purchase in 2017

Thu Apr 26, 2018 5:30 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

sportsdad60 wrote:
I witnessed this intrusion from CA when we sold our 30 acres in 2004 due to the Sierra Club members who bought property in our 10k acres of the Land owners association.
They infestated the LOA board and changed a shit ton of bi-laws that basically outlawed huntin in our 10k acres of Land Owners Association location near Ennis, MT on the gravelly moutanin range. (Where wife and I were married in 1990)

We sold that property because these were not our people we wanted to retire with, thus, NW Montana property purchase in 2017

I disagree about Montana falling next... They have already passed laws because they have so many gun, powder, primer and bullet manufacturers there. They are Pro 2A

Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:02 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Classic wrote:
sportsdad60 wrote:

I disagree about Montana falling next... They have already passed laws because they have so many gun, powder, primer and bullet manufacturers there. They are Pro 2A

Don't underestimate the power of academic brainwashing at the state's major colleges. They are the 'next' generation who will be in office.

Fri Apr 27, 2018 4:58 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

sportsdad60 wrote:

Missoula is a liberal arts hippy school supported by their football program. Nothing to see here.

Starting back in the mid 90's wealthy folks, and celebs, started buying large plots of land in Montana. Mostly because farmers were hurting to pay the bills, so large land sells helped ease that pain. I remember hearing about a small town in Eastern MT that was getting to that point, but people there didn't want to sell, so a number of folks ended up bankrupt and the local economy died and has yet to recover. Added with some recent drought, bouncing back is even more difficult.

As for the land stuff around Ennis, you can thank Ted Turner for that. Back in the early 2000's he bought up a bunch of land around public land and wasn't allowing access, especially for hunters. Meanwhile charging $10k for people to hunt elk on his property.

Have you seen Big Sky Ski Resort, just south of Bozeman, lately? There is some serious money moving in to live. Lift tickets used to be $75 bucks in the early 2000's, now they are almost $200! All these people who are moving in from Cali, who can sell their million dollar tiny homes, and buy something much further in a state that their dollar goes further. My buddy recently moved back to Bozeman, sold his house here and was able to buy two houses there. One to live in, and one for an investment rental.

Montana is a beautiful place to live with some great things to offer as far as outdoor activities. But it's going more blue everyday.

Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:42 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Ted and Jane's ranch was just 20 miles from us.
Ennis was a sleepy town until Gunsmoke started filming in and around that area, primarily Virginia City (where we got our wedding license)
Hollywood started moving in.
Then the big land movers (real estate agents) from CA and TX came and started buying up large tracts of land, sub-dividing, and selling to other California elites. Like a disease, the California money and politics stretched out across Western MT.

I've been hunting and fishing in Montana since 1979 and man has it ever changed, for the worse, not the better...and blue, not red.

Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:28 am
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]