Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:48 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Camping in WA 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Rix86 wrote:

That's awesome. Cool and comfortable. Looks amazing. Definitely somewhere I'd want to be...

*but it's not camping

:bigsmile:

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Sat May 19, 2018 4:50 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

There's still snow in the woods.

Sat May 19, 2018 5:01 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Just got back from Sylvia Lake. Had a lot of fun. The kids enjoyed themselves a lot. Last night right as it was getting dark went to take the dog for a quick walk so she could go to the bathroom. Went down to a little area next to the water and sat with a beer. Got to watch an osprey take a fish out of the water, bats diving the bugs on the lake, and a beaver swam up about 10 feet out. A cool quiet moment.

I didn't have any problem sleeping, but at like 5 am it sounded like a guy was in our camp opening our cooler, I got up and went out to see, and this old guy who was camping next to us was outside in his area, but once he noticed me he quickly went into his camper. I thought it was weird. I tried to go back to sleep, but I can officially say I f-ing hate steller jays. There were two across the road and they wouldn't shut up for the longest time this morning.

Sun May 20, 2018 1:38 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Just got back from the annual OC campout in Wenatchee:

Sun May 20, 2018 4:58 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I see paved roads, concrete pads, and a pic-a-nic table. I love tables. They are just too big to haul out there....

As far as birds that like to scream at 5am. Fuck them. Seriously.

Sun May 20, 2018 5:05 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

golddigger14s wrote:

I like you, Digger, but that doesn't look like a very inviting scenario.....maybe it's at the end?

All I see is booze & beer & people with their backs turned, looking like they don't wanna be bothered.

I can't see a lot of fence-sitters or anti's approaching them & asking about guns or open carry.....

I'd walk up to 'em to chew the fat, but not sure people they're trying to reach would.

Sun May 20, 2018 6:57 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

snozzberries wrote:
I see paved roads, concrete pads, and a pic-a-nic table. I love tables. They are just too big to haul out there....

I've heard a couple here (in WA) since I've been here, but most are manageable....

I used to live in a house with the surrounding land leased to a farm.... There is nothing, nothing, like waking up to fresh cool breeze through the window, the sound of cows mooing a couple hundred feet away, and birds gently chirping....and cranking over a diesel tractor from the 20's (hand crank, and when you think of a 'big red tractor' with 2 huge wheels in back and 2 tiny wheels up front (that acted as one), that was it)...to mow the 'lawn' with a huge PTO driven cutting deck pulled behind you....and still take the better part of a morning... ahhh... I miss being a redneck sometimes...

But fuck woodpeckers, those annoying pieces of shit....

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Sun May 20, 2018 7:15 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

TechnoWeenie wrote:
snozzberries wrote:

I've heard a couple here (in WA) since I've been here, but most are manageable....

I used to live in a house with the surrounding land leased to a farm.... There is nothing, nothing, like waking up to fresh cool breeze through the window, the sound of cows mooing a couple hundred feet away, and birds gently chirping....and cranking over a diesel tractor from the 20's (hand crank, and when you think of a 'big red tractor' with 2 huge wheels in back and 2 tiny wheels up front (that acted as one), that was it)...to mow the 'lawn' with a huge PTO driven cutting deck pulled behind you....and still take the better part of a morning... ahhh... I miss being a redneck sometimes...

But fuck woodpeckers, those annoying pieces of shit....

I'm not a fan of birds, however but fucking them isn't for me. More power to you.

Sun May 20, 2018 7:34 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

NWGunner wrote:
golddigger14s wrote:

I like you, Digger, but that doesn't look like a very inviting scenario.....maybe it's at the end?

All I see is booze & beer & people with their backs turned, looking like they don't wanna be bothered.

I can't see a lot of fence-sitters or anti's approaching them & asking about guns or open carry..... The photo exposure lasted 1/60 of a second, so you don't see a lot of stuff. When we had contact I was a bit to busy talking to able to take pics.

I'd walk up to 'em to chew the fat, but not sure people they're trying to reach would.

More than six years running. Always well received. The CG host's love it when we show up. Always well behaved, and cordial to all that pass by. There was an interesting group of people that passed by today that was a bit different, and had no negative issue with us.
There was a family camping by us that had a Subaru, so I gave them a bunch of free Subaru swag, and as a group we gave this young family a bunch of stuff to include a large family tent, and etc. Kind of a PIF thing. Did we have a few drinks, and have some fun....... Yes, but responsibly. NWgunner, please take off your negative goggles, and come join us next year. Always the weekend after Mother's Day. Even the Canadians that have an annual campout that weekend get along with us.
Since I tolerate most of you I will not post the FB link of me in an Elvis costume. Every year has a "theme", and every time I make it to the camp out I win. :bigsmile:

Sun May 20, 2018 7:53 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

You misunderstood, no negative goggles here, brother.

Looks fun, and I would join you anytime.

That 2nd pic looks REALLY fun :thumbsup2: , and I'm sure they all do more for gun rights than I do.

I wasn't judging them, per se.......

My only comment was whether the first pic was conducive to an invitation to talk....

If they faced the road, with freebie shots on a table, cool! :bigsmile:

Other than that, looks like a fun, fun, group!

:cheers2: :cheers2: :cheers2:

Sun May 20, 2018 8:00 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Spoiler: show
Decide to not post video NWS
Thanks, and you, and all the wagun scallywags are welcome to attend. That picture represented 1/60th of the 345,600 seconds involved.

Sun May 20, 2018 8:15 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

golddigger14s wrote:
Spoiler: show
Decide to not post video NWS
Thanks, and you, and all the wagun scallywags are welcome to attend. That picture represented 1/60th of the 345,600 seconds involved.

The scalawag connotation is definitely deserved :ROFLMAO:

Like I said, looks fun :thumbsup2:

Waiting for pics of you all liquored up, PM, if necessary :bigsmile:

Sun May 20, 2018 8:32 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Pretty fantastic weekend for me and the family.
Attended the party we were out there for, kids played hard.
Slept good, fresh air, coffee.
Yup.

Sun May 20, 2018 9:14 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Rix86 wrote:
Yup.

:thumbsup2:
Next wknd is the huge ass swap meet.

Sun May 20, 2018 9:16 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

STED9R wrote:
Rix86 wrote:
Yup.

:thumbsup2:
Next wknd is the huge ass swap meet.

Thanks for the tip on the spot.
Didn't sterilize it. Left the cans and all that.
I think we may be around that area a bit. Lots to do.

If anyone was wondering, the trail to Grove of the patriarchs is a no dog zone.

Sun May 20, 2018 9:44 pm
Reply to topic   [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next