Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:41 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Motorcycle Trip 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The Top pic looks like Big Mountain...

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:27 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

usrifle wrote:

Naaa It was the top of Snoqualmie pass which is a little over an hour from my house. We get off every 60-90 minutes to avoid DVT.
Had a couple friends who ride allot end up in the hospital with blood clots. I have 76,000 miles on this one and it's my 8th bike :thumbsup2:

Wed Aug 01, 2018 5:33 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Classic wrote:
usrifle wrote:

Naaa It was the top of Snoqualmie pass which is a little over an hour from my house. We get off every 60-90 minutes to avoid DVT.
Had a couple friends who ride allot end up in the hospital with blood clots. I have 76,000 miles on this one and it's my 8th bike :thumbsup2:

Go old man, old school & get airline socks...

You won't look as tough in the hotel room, but it'll keep you outta the emergency room :thumbsup2:

Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:21 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

STED9R wrote:
Been back, but busy getting back to remodel, getting ready for next week's trip and work so no time to update.

1600+ mile round trip, excellent trip!

Canadians though.......those fuckers just DO NOT litter.
Once we passed thru ghettoville Osoyos, the land is taken care of.
Went down through Idaho on return trip, started getting trashy again about an hour north of the border. I now believe, Canadians are doing it right with their land and self respect. Wish we could learn from it....
First camping night in Kelowna, waitress at this sports bar we had dinner at recommended this dirt road just a couple miles outta town. We're figuring a kids party area but we're tired. Shit, no trash, no beer bottles, no beer cans, no appliances just absolutly nothing but a pristine area to hang out and watch the city and sunset. Huge fire pit with some stacked pallets for firewood, stashed 5 gal can half full of fuel and a nice area to put up a tent. Felt guilty for just pissing on a tree and flicking cigar ashes on the ground.
Trip into Calgary was the same, there is no trash on the roads, no cigarette butts, Gatorade bombs or anything else that would 'fall' out of a vehicle, those northern folks don't litter.
Calgary looks like a mini Seattle with tall buildings etc, but the place is clean and looking the same as the highways, actually a really neat city that changes views of city life.
And the Stampede must be the short, short shorts capital of the world! I swear, they cut those jeans just below the crotch and wear em.
No Walmart trash or heafty gals, seems like everyone took care of themselves and had pride, makes the U.S. look like white trash central, sadly.

Calgary is definitely a Cowboy town, no doubt about that.

Doing it again. Adding a a couple more days next trip. Seemed like we really had to keep the speeds way up and minimize butt breaks to make the trip.

If you go to Canada, get an hour north of the border to see the good stuff, too much American influence close to the border.
We're our own worse enemy...

Glad to hear it was a safe trip!
Any "Must do's" while in Calgary?

Thu Aug 02, 2018 5:55 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Damn! I missed this one!

Sounds like a great time. I've not been up north yet and it sounds ideal. I'll be up for going along next time, for sure.

Thu Aug 02, 2018 11:25 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Brian,
I really wanted to meander around the Olympic sports stadium, auto museum and really walk around the city. Just no time to relax other than the day spent at the Stampede.
The Stampede was a blast. Spent most of the day there, but close to the evening we were wiped out so missed out on the Chuck Wagon Races and evening concert.
We went through a town called Crowsnest. Makes the Oso slide look like a small shovel of dirt. Rocks as big as a bus plowed thru the town with the mountain a mile away. Driving through it is mind boggling, huge rocks everywhere all across this huge valley. And wanted to explore there, but trying to roll miles.
Another town we went through on way back has the largest dump truck in the world on display, of course no time....
Neat hole in the wall towns with gas and oil Wells all around with plaques showing their history.
One grocery store/gas station/restaurant/post office that was city center, the size of a single wide trailer, had what I thought a blown out tire on display and entire walls with hunting pics. Turns out the tire was off this gentlemans rig that was there eating lunch. He trapped a grizzly cub and momma tore the shit out of his truck a couple years back, all he could do hide and watch.
Definitely doing this again, just adding a couple more days so we're not in a rush.

Thu Aug 02, 2018 7:14 pm
Reply to topic   [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2