Switch to full style
General Chit-Chat, comments etc
Post a reply

Re: Man has gun pulled on him for recording cop

Thu May 17, 2018 12:15 pm

There is no right or wrong person here IMO.

The cop was a complete douche for pulling his pistol, and the wanna be TMZ reporter was just as big of a douche for doing what he did.

Thu May 17, 2018 7:59 pm

First thing out of the cops mouth was 'why you filming?', then he asked a second time. To pretend the camera was a weapon after asking why he was filming is as disingenuous as it gets.

Cop is fucking stupid for pulling his gun. It was a bully tactic, and if it blows up in his face because he did it to a guy that won't back down... oh well. We are all better for it.

Thu May 17, 2018 8:04 pm

Stokes wrote:First thing out of the cops mouth was 'why you filming?', then he asked a second time. To pretend the camera was a weapon after asking why he was filming is as disingenuous as it gets.

Cop is fucking stupid for pulling his gun. It was a bully tactic, and if it blows up in his face because he did it to a guy that won't back down... oh well. We are all better for it.

:plusone:

There are shitheads all over the place and LEO's have to deal with them WAY more than the average Joe does... I understand that it can get tiring, frustrating, etc... But- Police should be held to a higher standard.

I want an HONEST police force. Don't say something that everyone knows is utter bullshit to justify bullying someone that he thinks is an asshole. He knew it was a camera from the 1st second he looked up.

Thu May 17, 2018 8:10 pm

Not saying I like the guy's attitude however I agree with PMB on this one.

Thu May 17, 2018 8:12 pm

Alpine wrote:Not saying I like the guy's attitude however I agree with PMB on this one.

What's wrong with my attitude?

Thu May 17, 2018 10:31 pm

Yes the guy with the camera was an asshat but it was a public sidewalk and that officer needs to be gone before he does something more stupid.....not counceling .....gone.

Fri May 18, 2018 3:27 pm

I would be a bit unhinged if someone pulled a gun on me.

LEOs ought to know what is a threat and what is not. Cameras are not threats.

Fri May 18, 2018 8:04 pm

old11bravo wrote:This is what you get when two dicks bump heads.

I believe that's known as docking.

Warning: link NSFW

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=docking

Sent from Proxima Centauri B through the ether using FTP transmission technology, Honey Encryption, and Peanut Butter & Jelly sandwiches

Fri May 18, 2018 8:08 pm

PMB wrote:
Alpine wrote:Not saying I like the guy's attitude however I agree with PMB on this one.

If you don't know by now we aren't going to tell you. ;)

Sent from Proxima Centauri B through the ether using FTP transmission technology, Honey Encryption, and Peanut Butter & Jelly sandwiches

Sat May 19, 2018 6:51 am

old11bravo wrote:This is what you get when two dicks bump heads. Both parties look gay and there's no happy ending.

ROTFLOL! :rofl9:

Sat May 19, 2018 8:12 am

PMB wrote:

Eh I was referring to the guy in the video, not you. Sorry, poor phrasing on my part.

Sat May 19, 2018 8:26 am

Alpine wrote:
PMB wrote:

Eh I was referring to the guy in the video, not you. Sorry, poor phrasing on my part.

He knew that.

He just had a bad attitude right then.

:wink05:

Sat May 19, 2018 8:43 am

Alpine wrote:
PMB wrote:

Yeah, don't fall for PMB's tricks. :ROFLMAO:

Sat May 19, 2018 11:07 am

OK....

First of all, it does appear that the officer did NOT need to draw his weapon.

We have to ask a couple of questions, though...

1. What was the scene like through the OFFICER'S eyes? What did he see that we did not?
2. Mr. Camera Jock was NOT an "innocent bystander". He came from almost a city block away, approached pretty darned fast and blindsided the cop.
3. The officer was in the middle of a traffic stop.
4. The officer was NOT going to turn his back on Mr. Video Guy, who appeared out of nowhere, is projecting a LOT of anger, and who is DEMANDING action.

Again, from the initial video, the officer did overreact. But what was the officer SEEING that caused him to draw his weapon?

Sat May 19, 2018 11:56 am

Powderman wrote:1. What was the scene like through the OFFICER'S eyes? What did he see that we did not?

Always a good reminder... We're only seeing one angle.

Powderman wrote:2. Mr. Camera Jock was NOT an "innocent bystander". He came from almost a city block away, approached pretty darned fast and blindsided the cop.

I didn't note any excess speed... Blindsided? It may have surprised the police fellow to see someone focusing attention on him, but blindsided would be an overstatement from my viewpoint. No doubt that it caught his attention though.

Powderman wrote:3. The officer was in the middle of a traffic stop.
4. The officer was NOT going to turn his back on Mr. Video Guy, who appeared out of nowhere, is projecting a LOT of anger, and who is DEMANDING action.

Traffic stop- that part doesn't seem important to me. The fellow with the camera was trying to be overt in expressing his right to observe and record a public servant in the performance of his duties. He almost certainly was expecting a reaction from the police officer.

I see no projection of anger in the initial filming - and no way to have even guessed it was there in the beginning minutes of the short video. Why do you think he was projecting "a LOT of anger"?

If camera guy WAS projecting the anger, then the police should have been worried about a psychotic or homicidal threat, and not lied about what he thought the camera was. Just my opinion. I can't fathom a reason to lie about the camera. That destroyed the officer's credibility IMHO.

Powderman wrote:Again, from the initial video, the officer did overreact. But what was the officer SEEING that caused him to draw his weapon?

An overreaction on the officer's part could take an innocent citizen trying to exercise his rights over into the realm of death of an innocent citizen.
An underreaction on the officer's part in the case of a genuinely hostile / psychotic troublemaker could lead to the officer's death.
Both scenario's suck...

Conclusion, human's suck. And there are too many of them.
Post a reply