Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:11 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Sellers market in houses 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'm considering on getting several bids from several Realtors regarding the cost their commission to sell my home. It's a seller's market and I've never paid a full 6% to a realtor yet with 2 homes sold sinc 1990

We live in a neighborhood where people have left flyers in mailboxes ""should you ever sell, contact us..."

Only 2 homes were ever up for sale in 20 years here in a 61 home platte. Until this year...3 went up on market, they all sold full price within 2 weeks.

Realtor commission is negotiable IMO and based on my experience dealing with realtors

Comments welcome .

Sun May 20, 2018 5:24 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Try Redfin. They have a 1% Listing fee.

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Sun May 20, 2018 5:30 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Definitely negotiable, much more so with smaller firms. With the internet, the listing agent isn't as important as in the past and most will reduce the take.

Buyer's agents may or may not offer up a home with a reduced commission contract, unless forced by their buyer and then they will try to get an exemption.

None of the houses in my neighborhood have sold for asking price, always more.

Last edited by rodell on Sun May 20, 2018 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun May 20, 2018 6:05 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

For sale by owner?

Sun May 20, 2018 6:12 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I just closed and it was 1% selling fee to the redfin agent and 2.5% to the buyer agent. I've also seen selling by owner with 4% to the buying agent. Went under contract within 48hrs with contingencies waived and before the open house. It's crazy!

Sun May 20, 2018 6:41 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

EVERYTHING is negotiable.

Between buyer and seller, AND agents.

The Purchase and Sales Agreement (PSA), has boiler plate language, that's the printed part. Most is about disputes, resolutions, etc., ...

Even it can be changed, if all parties sign off on it.

The fill-in-the-blank stuff is what matters most, and that's where you can put in what you want.

You can sell it on your on, and avoid the seller's agent fee altogether, but you have to coordinate, monitor, & set up the showings, listings, etc.,....

Maybe not a big deal in today's market....

If you have an agent list it, you usually have to sign an exclusivity contract for "X" number of months....

You could try it on your own for a month or two, and then get an agent if no movement, but if you sign a listing contract for 6 months, you're stuck.

Since the market is so crazy, you could seek successful realtors in your area, and say that you have a $700,000 house, and are seeking a sellers realtor for 1% or, 1 1/2%....

Like anything, all they can do is say no. You can always reply with, 'well, if you change your mind...'

Your location will sell itself; only a short-sided realtor can't see an easy sale....

Last edited by NWGunner on Sun May 20, 2018 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun May 20, 2018 6:46 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

We just sold our house on lake tapps we bought in 2006. Used the same agent to sell that we bought that house and 2 others. The lady has been amazing. Works her ass off you. I don’t remember ever paying 6%. Her name is Lisa Corelli. Number is ‭(253) 677-4844‬. Tell her Matt gave you her number if you talk to her.

"I'm Hub McCann. I've fought in two World Wars and countless smaller ones on three continents. I led thousands of men into battle with everything from horses and swords to artillery and TANKS! I've seen the headwaters of the Nile, and tribes of natives no white man had ever seen before. I've won and lost a dozen fortunes, KILLED MANY MEN! And loved only one woman, with a passion a FLEA like you could never begin to understand. That's who I am. NOW, GO HOME, BOY!"

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones". Albert Einstein 1947

Sun May 20, 2018 6:46 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

You can sell an overpriced house easily right now. Unless your moving out of the PNW, your just going to have to buy another overpriced house to replace it.

Sun May 20, 2018 7:01 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Be sure to reserve the the right to review offers before signing a contract. Motivated buyers will come in above asking if you have their dream home.

Sun May 20, 2018 8:48 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

I mentioned to a neighbor we were considering selling. 15 minutes later another neighbor comes over and tells me his friend will match our highest offer we get with all cash 14 day close.

If you're in the right area it's a great time to sell

Sun May 20, 2018 10:13 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

sinus211 wrote:
I mentioned to a neighbor we were considering selling. 15 minutes later another neighbor comes over and tells me his friend will match our highest offer we get with all cash 14 day close.

They took up a collection, they just want you out!!!

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

J/k- you're right, market + location = you control the terms

Sun May 20, 2018 10:24 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

NWGunner wrote:
sinus211 wrote:

There's worse than me on this street, believe it or not. And we found a lake house in Marysville that's 3k square feet and beautiful for only $50k more than what we should be able to get for our house. Time to sell the starter house and get a home.

Sun May 20, 2018 10:34 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

sinus211 wrote:
NWGunner wrote:
sinus211 wrote:

There's worse than me on this street, believe it or not. And we found a lake house in Marysville that's 3k square feet and beautiful for only $50k more than what we should be able to get for our house. Time to sell the starter house and get a home.

That's awesome...

Get a PSA on both ASAP, with a contingency clause :bigsmile:

(for those who don't know...PSA = Purchase & Sales Areement

(Contingency Clause 1 = Sale of home I'm in is contingent on loan approval and purchase of home B; 2nd Contingency clause on Purchaee = Purchase is contingent on sale of 1st home.)

Contingency clause can hurt you in a hot market, but if moving quickly, can actually help accelerate a deal....

Sun May 20, 2018 10:41 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thank you folks for your feedback. It put my mind at ease. The last time I sold a HOUSE was 1997 and the innernets was fairly new as a median for selling homes.
We are not putting it on the market until April 29th next year, I need to do a shitton of stuff first. I hope the market stays hot. It's 21 years old and we're refurbishing a lot of interior items like new tile in bath/pantry/laundry room, painting the interior, fixing a broken old fence outside...etc.

snozzberries wrote:
For sale by owner?

We've considered it but having no experience, well we'll just pay someone else.

Old Growth wrote:
You can sell an overpriced house easily right now. Unless your moving out of the PNW, your just going to have to buy another overpriced house to replace it.

Yes, that's the plan, but our new home we're building is much nicer (and ONE level) and will still cost $50k less (roughly, with 10% contingency in change orders on plans)

snakebit99 wrote:
Be sure to reserve the the right to review offers before signing a contract. Motivated buyers will come in above asking if you have their dream home.

GREAT bit of advice.

Mon May 21, 2018 4:37 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

sportsdad60 wrote:
Thank you folks for your feedback. It put my mind at ease. The last time I sold a HOUSE was 1997 and the innernets was fairly new as a median for selling homes.
We are not putting it on the market until April 29th next year, I need to do a shitton of stuff first. I hope the market stays hot. It's 21 years old and we're refurbishing a lot of interior items like new tile in bath/pantry/laundry room, painting the interior, fixing a broken old fence outside...etc.

snozzberries wrote:
For sale by owner?

We've considered it but having no experience, well we'll just pay someone else.

Old Growth wrote:

Yes, that's the plan, but our new home we're building is much nicer (and ONE level) and will still cost $50k less (roughly, with 10% contingency in change orders on plans)

snakebit99 wrote:

GREAT bit of advice.

Okay, this is where an experienced realtor for your area, could come in handy.

Negotiate them down to 1 or 1 & 1/2 % commission. After that, let them go through your place & see what needs to be done from a buyer's perspective.

Perhaps some things you think need to be addressed, might be something a listing agent can play as a buyer's option, or something they can do after 'to have the home of their dreams'....

Especially if you've been outta the game awhile....

Big, cheffy kitchens, & open spaces are the selling points these days....so, opening up an area, or buying a new stove might be better than painting.....

Not specifically those items, but you get my drift....

Maybe find a top end realtor near you & ask them to come buy for a cursory visit....don't sign anything, just feel them out, and get a vibe on if you want them.....

Tue May 22, 2018 10:04 pm
Reply to topic   [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next