Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:34 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Memorial Day coming up soon. 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Sharing this post from my Facebook friend, Brigadier General Oscar Hilman (U.S. Army, Retired) regarding the importance of MEMORIAL DAY: (Edited) Here are some ground rules for this Memorial Day Weekend.
1. DO NOT wish me a Happy Memorial Day — there is nothing HAPPY about the many brave men and women who have died in defense of Our Nation.
2. Although it is a HOLIDAY, and many retailers are conducting gala sales events, it is definitely a day of REMEMBRANCE.
3. Do you want to know the true meaning? Pay your respects and visit your local Cemetery or VA Medical Center, not F***ING Disneyland or the mall.
4. DO NOT tell me how great anyone in political power is; tell me about BRAVE HEROES of the past like Sgt. Jose C. Calugas, Sr., 1st Lt. Audie Murphy, MSG Roy Benavidez, MSG Leroy Petry and T/5 Robert Dale Maxwell.
5. DO NOT tell me I don't know what I am talking about. I have carried the burden all too many times for my fellow WARRIORS who now stand their post for GOD.
6. Say a PRAYER, then raise a glass and THANK GOD for the MEN/WOMEN who are no longer here with us.

PS: DO NOT "THANK” a living Veteran for his/her service... they will get honored on Veterans Day this coming November.

This is the time to REMEMBER that the true PRICE OF FREEDOM is spent in the LIVES of THOSE that DEFEND it. CONTINUE TO HONOR OUR BROTHERS & SISTERS who have given the last full measure to SECURE OUR FREEDOMS!

Wed May 23, 2018 10:11 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

:patriot: :patriot:

Thu May 24, 2018 3:46 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I was fortunate enough to visit the American Cemetery in Margraten, Netherlands on my trip, I am authoring a blog post with pictures for Monday

:patriot:

Actor portrayal, Action figures sold separately, You must be at least this tall to ride, Individual results may vary, Sales tax not included, All models are over 18 years of age, upon approval of credit, Quantities are limited while supplies last, Some restrictions apply, Not available with other offers, At participating locations only, Void where prohibited, Above terms subject to change without notice, Patent pending.

See my blog: http://tincanbandit.blogspot.com/

Thu May 24, 2018 5:19 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

For some reason, I'm always sad as hell on memorial day.
Probably for the same reason I can't bring myself to visit Arlington cemetery, even though in town many, many years ago.
Heroes humble me.

Thu May 24, 2018 5:43 am
Site Moderator / In Memoriam
Site Moderator / In Memoriam

:patriot:
Amen.

cootduster

I'm not old.

I'm just no longer young !!!

Thu May 24, 2018 7:27 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Remember the past and for all those that have fallen.

It’s through their sacrifice we live the true meaning of America.

Freedom

Thu May 24, 2018 7:38 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Picture is worth a thousand words.

Except for one word.

Remember.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Give a man a fish, and he will eat for a day. Give a man a fishing pole, and he will drink too much beer, get tangled in fish line, hook himself in the nose casting, fall overboard, and either drown, or, go home hungry and wet. Give a man a case of dynamite, and he will feed the whole town for a year!

BE ON NOTICE:
PRIVACY NOTICE: Warning - any person and/or institution and/or Agent and/or Agency of any governmental structure including but not limited to the United States Federal Government also using or monitoring/using this website or any of its associated websites, you do NOT have my permission to utilize any of my profile information nor any of the content contained herein including, but not limited to my photos, and/or the comments made about my photos or any other "picture" art posted on my profile.

You are hereby notified that you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing, disseminating, or taking any other action against me with regard to this profile and the contents herein. The foregoing prohibitions also apply to your employee, agent, student or any personnel under your direction or control.

The contents of this profile are PRIVATE and legally privileged and confidential information, and the violation of my personal privacy is punishable by law. UCC 1-103 1-308 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED WITHOUT PREJUDICE

Thu May 24, 2018 8:25 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

:patriot: :flag: :flag: :flag: :patriot:

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Thu May 24, 2018 8:36 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

At the Cemetery in Margraten, they mentioned many times how grateful the Dutch people were that Americans entered and ended the War. It is nice to see people grateful for the sacrifice that our citizens gave.

Some do not get the message, like South Korea, that is not for the U.S. soldier and their Country's commitment to ensuring freedom, South Korea would be like North Korea

http://www.dennisprager.com/ingratitude ... uth-korea/

Actor portrayal, Action figures sold separately, You must be at least this tall to ride, Individual results may vary, Sales tax not included, All models are over 18 years of age, upon approval of credit, Quantities are limited while supplies last, Some restrictions apply, Not available with other offers, At participating locations only, Void where prohibited, Above terms subject to change without notice, Patent pending.

Fri May 25, 2018 4:39 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

TINCANBANDIT wrote:
At the Cemetery in Margraten, they mentioned many times how grateful the Dutch people were that Americans entered and ended the War. It is nice to see people grateful for the sacrifice that our citizens gave.

Some do not get the message, like South Korea, that is not for the U.S. soldier and their Country's commitment to ensuring freedom, South Korea would be like North Korea

http://www.dennisprager.com/ingratitude ... uth-korea/

Not totally accurate. The younger generation there when in a crowd mentality do tend to go anti-American. When you talk to them on an individual basis the tune changes. College students all over the world have to have something to protest about. It's what they do. The older generation appreciate what we did for them. I remember one time that a large group of middle school kids surrounded us, and thought we were going to be beat down. It was the opposite, you would have thought we were rock stars.
Most of the people in Korea appreciate what we have done, and are doing.

Fri May 25, 2018 8:21 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Sat May 26, 2018 4:47 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Sun May 27, 2018 11:27 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

https://youtu.be/70Ikj1hZDnw

Sun May 27, 2018 7:28 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

remember to raise Old Glory today.

and if you have an hour to spare

Mon May 28, 2018 5:37 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Not Remembrance Day but I see that the VFW has recently (?) adopted the Commonwealth custom of wearing poppies (or facsimiles thereof) in November to wearing poppies for Memorial Day. Anyway.

May those who gave their all for my freedom and safety be blessed on this day and every day thereafter.
Attachment:
flanders-field.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

"If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun."
~Tenzin Gyatso, aka His Holiness the Dalai Lama

"We who are strong have an obligation to bear with the failings of the weak, and not to please ourselves."
~ Romans 15:1

"Ils Ont Les Armes, On Les Emmerde, On A Le Champagne!"~Charlie Hebdo, November 2015

Mon May 28, 2018 9:53 am
Reply to topic   [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next