Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:57 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
 Man Leaves House, Girlfriend Changes Locks... Cop Advises... 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Man is locked out so he calls the cops... Cops arrive and one officer advises (paraphrasing) "At this point it is still your residence. So go ahead and break in (Break a window - it's cheaper to repair than a door) but you can't come back here in two weeks and try to break in and get your stuff" (suggesting that he will be then considered to have surrendered the residence)

Man protests and objects initially but finally breaks a window, whereupon his lovely (former) girlfriend points a 9mm rifle (did I read that right?) through the broken glass window.

At this point the cops "storm" the place, seize the weapon and search about. Woman is arrested.

A judge finds all of this to be unacceptable and throws out a bunch of evidence. Cops sent to re-training.

http://komonews.com/news/nation-world/c ... s-evidence

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Thu May 24, 2018 8:13 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

More 'male privilege' eh?

He has a right to the property.

She threatened lethal force.

She absolutely should have been arrested...

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Thu May 24, 2018 8:36 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Looks like the girlfriend owned the house, and kicked his ass out. Then pulls a gun when he breaks in thru a window. Sounds legit to me.

Thu May 24, 2018 8:39 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Arisaka wrote:
Looks like the girlfriend owned the house, and kicked his ass out. Then pulls a gun when he breaks in thru a window. Sounds legit to me.

You establish residency..... You can't just change locks and keep someone out if they have a right to be there....

The law is pretty clear on that.

I had a similar situation in MD....Landlord wanted me to move, that day because the stingy bitch wanted to rent the place out at MUCH higher rent and she wanted to keep my last month's rent AND get prorated rent from the new people...I told her to fuck off I'll be out at the end of the month, as agreed...I went to the store, came back and locks were changed. Called PD, 'civil matter, you have a right to access, do whatever you gotta do to get in'... So I kicked in the door... She tried to press charges and cops said I have legal access to the property....so it's 'my' door, and can't charge me with destroying 'my' door....Even had her husband inside who attempted to keep me from fully entering the house...Cops asked if I wanted to file assault charges for him chest bumping me...

If you think the lady is in the right, then what's to say she can't NOT change the locks, then shoot him when he comes back from his grocery shopping and claim he's trespassing?

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Thu May 24, 2018 9:11 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Quote:
he had ended the five-month relationship the night before.
break into the home of his ex-girlfriend

Did the guy live in the home? Did he establish residency? Did he receive mail there? If so, it's his home too. Just because they broke up, doesn't mean she can lock him out of his home. She would need to evict him.

This is why you don't let your girlfriend move in with you. And why you don't move in with your girlfriend.

Thu May 24, 2018 9:38 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Keltec Sub 2000? Ruger 9mm carbine?

Quote:
“I want to make something clear, I’m going to guarantee you this is not the last you’ve seen of him (Beto),” Biden said Monday evening during a campaign rally in Dallas. “You’re (Beto) going to take care of the gun problem with me. You’re (Beto) going to be the one who leads this effort.”

https://www.newsweek.com/beto-orourke-g ... ns-1465738
Quote:
[Beto O'Rourke Suggests Police Would 'Visit' Homes To Implement Proposed Assault Weapons Ban] "In that case, I think that there would be a visit by law enforcement to recover that firearm... ..."If someone does not turn in an AR-15 or an AK-47, one of these weapons of war...then that weapon will be taken from them"

Thu May 24, 2018 9:43 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Mpx duh.

Which is the better: a good friend, a good heart, a good eye, a good neighbor, a good wife, or the understanding of consequences? It is none of these. A warm and senitive soul which knows the worth of fellowship and the price of the individual dignity, this is best.

Thu May 24, 2018 10:24 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Cx4 Storm. It goes with her Italian shoes.

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Thu May 24, 2018 11:00 am
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

If cops knew the law and could give legal advice, they would be called "lawyers".

Thu May 24, 2018 11:30 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Lesson: Have home ownership documents in a second location if you're worried about this situation. Instant proof.

Similar situation in my network, but handled differently.

A friend moved in with his girlfriend, and they lived together for say 15 years or so. During that time, she wanted to refinance but couldn't alone, so for some reason my brother ended up the sole owner of the home and property on the refi. I don't know the ins and outs of it. Anyway, he made more money and had better credit and paid the mortgage as I understand it.

Fast forward several years, and their relationship is broken. He comes home to a "It's over, pack your stuff and leave" note.

He wants to rage and throw her out, but I advised against it. He's a man, gun owner, and concealed carry holder. I advised him to peacefully leave and go thru law enforcement. He smartly did. Of course she hid all the house documents from him so it was a hassle.

After about a month of sleeping on friends' couches and in a storage unit, he got the home ownership documents and had the police evict her. [Side note, due to the housing market, poor refi rate, etc. the house was hopelessly under water, so both of them lost their *** in that financially anyway, so neither of them really "won." The house and bills and living expenses required two incomes. She walked away with nothing, but he ended up losing the home a few years later to foreclosure.]

So the lesson, if you have home ownership documents, have them in a second location so you can immediately get the law enforcement to intervene on your behalf.

Thu May 24, 2018 12:15 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

leadcounsel wrote:

After about a month of sleeping on friends' couches and in a storage unit, he got the home ownership documents and had the police evict her. [Side note, due to the housing market, poor refi rate, etc. the house was hopelessly under water, so both of them lost their *** in that financially anyway, so neither of them really "won."

*** =

Ass?
Gas?
Tit?
Lip?
Lost their poo?
wtf
Lol
Pos
Sex

Fuck dude, i can’t go on without knowing.

FUCK

Thu May 24, 2018 12:44 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

9mm rifle? Clearly she's a Russian assassin and it's a suppressed 9x39 AK.

Fri May 25, 2018 4:17 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Jane Flasch not living up to name and GF, no way. Case closed. Next!

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Fri May 25, 2018 4:46 pm

Funny, I've broken up with girlfriends once or twice. We managed to act like adults about it. Because, you know, we were adults...

Fri May 25, 2018 7:14 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

The problem with divorce and domestic situations is you need TWO REASONABLE PEOPLE to end up with reasonable solution.
Most involve one at the most.

Fri May 25, 2018 7:35 pm
Reply to topic   [ 15 posts ]