Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Seattle 'looks into' SUPPLYING HEROIN for drug users 
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Ohhh Jeeezus....

I've erased three posts already.

Nanny State= Gvt controls choice.

Until you take it upon yourself to jump tracks ..then Nanny State takes care of you because you're like a child. Can't control your actions or decisions. You have no fault/blame in your condition.

Well, I guess I don't understand how a self inflicted learned action becomes a 'disease'.

I must be daft, find it hard to sympathize.

"Let us Cross the river and sit in the shade of the trees" .....Stonewall Jackson

T. Jefferson "....the tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. it is it's natural manure"

Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:43 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

glockgirl wrote:

Do you not understand that addiction is an illness, not a choice? I see no sin in providing clean, safe, supervised areas for those who are sick to address their illness and to be provided with assistance in achieving remission, which is a cornerstone of the Health Canada effort.

Please see Galatians 6:2 and Romans 15:1 for further consideration of your thoughts. The latter is right in my sig line, which is probably good, because I rather doubt that you own a Bible with a broken spine.

Serious question....

What other addiction to we provide them safe places to actually partake of what their addicted to?

We don't give alcoholics their own room to drink, we don't give sex addicts rooms with people, and we don't give those addicted to food a room with a well-stocked fridge & pantry.

And how does this statement, I see no sin in providing clean, safe, supervised areas for those who are sick to address their illness and to be provided with assistance in achieving remission , which no one would disagree with, correlate to actually supplying the drugs and an opportunity to use them?

I won't even go into how this is actually aiding and abetting a crime.

By the way, the scriptural quote & judgement is priceless, since One of the foundations of Jesus' ministry is to not judge others.

(what you're doing is actually called proof texting)

Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:56 pm

deadshot2 wrote:
TechnoWeenie wrote:

Again, you're just hiding the problem.

Who gets sued when someone ODs or they get a bad batch? Where does the City of Seattle buy Heroin?!

Nobody's hiding the problem. It's right there in front of us all with nobody doing an f-ing thing about it.

Don't worry about anyone getting sued, in order to get the "free smack" a waiver will have to be signed indemnifying the City from any and all liability. Just like the one you sign when you go to a private gun range to shoot.

Buy Heroin? I'll bet that more than enough Heroin is in evidence lockers already with more being seized daily from dealers and "importers". Plenty to just give away with no acquisition cost.

As a taxpayer I'm a little tired of seeing my tax dollars going to all the publicly funded "Programs" that in the end just create jobs for people with sociology degrees. Not only is money being spent there to little or no avail but look at the money being flushed down the law enforcement toilet.

As for Seattle City Government? Wait and watch what happens in November when all the city council is up for re-election (or so I've heard). Pundits are suggesting that a lot of faces will be changing, possibly including the "Baghwan Shree Sawant". Might be that even those who've been eating up what she's been dishing out are realizing that unknown after-taste is actually shit.

Have you been listening to my conversation? :thumbsup2: I've made this exact argument to others many times. Round up all the homeless people off the streets and separate the drug and alcohol addicts from the people who want help. Provide all of the drugs for free out of the huge stock piles that we have already confiscated. This will also send the drug prices crashing so it won't be profitable to the drug cartels anymore.

Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:30 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Last edited by CQBgopher on Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:12 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

glockgirl wrote:
Alpine wrote:
glockgirl wrote:
Sorry to burst your righteous rage bubble, but no, Health Canada is not supplying heroin or fentanyl to users. Safe injection sites do provide privacy, and do provide nurses to monitor users, but they must bring their own drugs in.

Health Canada does provide clean needles and syringes, as well as stocking naloxone (Narcan) and in some provinces, offering methadone as a substitute for the illegal drugs. Having seen three bodies being removed in the U District since moving to the UW Tower (formerly Safeco Tower) in November, I'm kind of in support of safe injection sites.

Seriously, I called SPD when a guy--at 1630, in broad daylight--was sitting on 45th near my bus stop openly shooting up. The dispatcher asked if he was causing a disturbance, and when I said "Not yet", I was told that it wasn't a priority to respond to individuals shooting up. Um, okay, cool. Thanks.

Honest question, do you think it's important to repeal state and federal laws that make doing, possessing and dealing these narcotics a crime before we start using taxpayer dollars to help people use them?

Is it ok to not only ignore state and federal laws but also use public money to help break them?

Do you not understand that addiction is an illness, not a choice? I see no sin in providing clean, safe, supervised areas for those who are sick to address their illness and to be provided with assistance in achieving remission, which is a cornerstone of the Health Canada effort.

Please see Galatians 6:2 and Romans 15:1 for further consideration of your thoughts. The latter is right in my sig line, which is probably good, because I rather doubt that you own a Bible with a broken spine.

Thank you for the response. While I disagree about the addiction preceeding their first dose I am curious about the legal aspect.

Is it ok to not only ignore state, local and federal laws we may not want to follow? What will be the impact from that? If something is addicting after the first use, should that then be a basis for ignoring laws about it?

Quote:
“I want to make something clear, I’m going to guarantee you this is not the last you’ve seen of him (Beto),” Biden said Monday evening during a campaign rally in Dallas. “You’re (Beto) going to take care of the gun problem with me. You’re (Beto) going to be the one who leads this effort.”

https://www.newsweek.com/beto-orourke-g ... ns-1465738
Quote:
[Beto O'Rourke Suggests Police Would 'Visit' Homes To Implement Proposed Assault Weapons Ban] "In that case, I think that there would be a visit by law enforcement to recover that firearm... ..."If someone does not turn in an AR-15 or an AK-47, one of these weapons of war...then that weapon will be taken from them"

Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:03 am
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Alpine wrote:
glockgirl wrote:
Alpine wrote:
glockgirl wrote:
Sorry to burst your righteous rage bubble, but no, Health Canada is not supplying heroin or fentanyl to users. Safe injection sites do provide privacy, and do provide nurses to monitor users, but they must bring their own drugs in.

Health Canada does provide clean needles and syringes, as well as stocking naloxone (Narcan) and in some provinces, offering methadone as a substitute for the illegal drugs. Having seen three bodies being removed in the U District since moving to the UW Tower (formerly Safeco Tower) in November, I'm kind of in support of safe injection sites.

Seriously, I called SPD when a guy--at 1630, in broad daylight--was sitting on 45th near my bus stop openly shooting up. The dispatcher asked if he was causing a disturbance, and when I said "Not yet", I was told that it wasn't a priority to respond to individuals shooting up. Um, okay, cool. Thanks.

Honest question, do you think it's important to repeal state and federal laws that make doing, possessing and dealing these narcotics a crime before we start using taxpayer dollars to help people use them?

Is it ok to not only ignore state and federal laws but also use public money to help break them?

Thank you for the response. While I disagree about the addiction preceeding their first dose I am curious about the legal aspect.

Is it ok to not only ignore state, local and federal laws we may not want to follow? What will be the impact from that? If something is addicting after the first use, should that then be a basis for ignoring laws about it?

Well then....

We can safely say that these other non-productive illegal actions are also a sickness or addiction.

Gang Banging.....Car Jacking.......Stealing......Murder......Human Trafficking.....Drug Dealing

These should fall in the "Its ok its an illness" Column an well.

Of course Child Pron is already considered an Illness/addiction but the Libs haven't seen fit to make the actual act semi-not illegal when its been deemed the person committing the act is "ILL" and needs help.

Helping addicts continue their habit is NOT ok, There has to be a line drawn.

:wink05:

"Let us Cross the river and sit in the shade of the trees" .....Stonewall Jackson

T. Jefferson "....the tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. it is it's natural manure"

Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:34 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Disease, addiction, dependency etc bullshit etc etc.....

All comes down to choice.
John Smith didn't just develop a "disease" and only way to treat it was stabbing his arm with a needle.

Everyone wants to be PC and a so called human with compassion.
It isn't working, being nice is not working!
John Smith is an addict of his own making, nobody else's fault but his own, and he shouldn't be the responsibility of taxpayers.

Some in society wants addiction accepted and normalized, all in the name of caring and compassion, drug dependency is climbing because of it.
Stigmatized and abolishment is negative, negative reinforcement works a whole helluva lot better than saying kind words of support while handing out a syringe full of dope enabling an addict that put him/herself in this position to start with.
But people keep saying it's a disease, he has a disease.....

I've seen memes of giving drug addicts supplies and drug for their "disease" for not a damn cost to them. What about giving free shit to other diseases? Cancer, diabetes, heart problems and all the other life changing diseases that cripple actual in the moment families? Why does drug addicts get a hand up, while some parent or spouse is left to slowly die because they just don't have the money or great insurance to pay for the full blown treatment to live?

Tired of the PC shit. Sticking your arm with dope was a choice, not a disease, you are a druggy. And if taxpayers are paying for your habit, you are then a burden to society and my money that should go on my dinner plate is being used so you can get high.
And now WHO is labeling those that play video games for extended periods of time as having a disease.
When the fuck will those in society start taking responsibility for their own actions, and hold others accountable?

Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:46 am
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Bring back the Scarlet Letter for illegal acts and the boat should right itself.

But...

The way this country is headed it'd be worn as a badge of honor.

Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:04 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

WaJim wrote:

Well then....

We can safely say that these other non-productive illegal actions are also a sickness or addiction.

Gang Banging.....Car Jacking.......Stealing......Murder......Human Trafficking.....Drug Dealing

These should fall in the "Its ok its an illness" Column an well.

Of course Child Pron is already considered an Illness/addiction but the Libs haven't seen fit to make the actual act semi-not illegal when its been deemed the person committing the act is "ILL" and needs help.

Helping addicts continue their habit is NOT ok, There has to be a line drawn.

:wink05:

To this I say Fucking A right!!!

Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:17 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Can't we just.....pave an island. Drop em there. Once a month, drop food. Maybe even water.

Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:26 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Last edited by CQBgopher on Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:06 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

dan360 wrote:
Rix86 wrote:
Can't we just.....pave an island. Drop em there. Once a month, drop food. Maybe even water.

If only there was an island within Puget Sound close enough to get them to cheaply but far enough away to keep them from swimming off.

It would be great if it had structures. It's own power plant. It's own wells. It's own farm. It's own little community where they could all live with each other in harmony.

If only that place existed.

McNeil Island????

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother
" - William Shakespeare

Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:33 pm
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer

Arisaka wrote:
They have a single malt scotch program?

No that was last weekend in North Bend.
https://www.waguns.org/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=91584

Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:34 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

W.H.O. declares video game addiction a disease

So, where's my free cheetos, a free comfy couch, a free PS4, and my free Mountain Dew that I'm owed?

I'm just an innocent man with a dreadful disease and I need help!

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Wed Jun 20, 2018 2:21 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Well, if you don't like the services Seattle offers, they'll (taxpayers) buy you a ticket to the city of your choosing:

http://komonews.com/news/local/some-sea ... leave-town

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:19 am
Reply to topic   [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next