Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:08 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 463 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 31  Next
 The OK Thread! 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

golddigger14s wrote:
Lawton PD just as bad as SPD:
http://www.kswo.com/story/38657914/off- ... -into-home
"LAWTON, Ok (RNN Texoma) -
The Lawton Police Department confirmed that one of its officers accidentally fired a gun into his neighbor's home. Police say a man reported hearing a gunshot and the sound of breaking glass Sunday night around 8:00 p.m. at his home on Park Way Drive."

So, he was arrested and charged with unlawful discharge of a firearm, reckless endangerment, and destruction of property, right? You know, like any of us would be?

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:29 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

TechnoWeenie wrote:
golddigger14s wrote:
Lawton PD just as bad as SPD:
http://www.kswo.com/story/38657914/off- ... -into-home
"LAWTON, Ok (RNN Texoma) -
The Lawton Police Department confirmed that one of its officers accidentally fired a gun into his neighbor's home. Police say a man reported hearing a gunshot and the sound of breaking glass Sunday night around 8:00 p.m. at his home on Park Way Drive."

So, he was arrested and charged with unlawful discharge of a firearm, reckless endangerment, and destruction of property, right? You know, like any of us would be?

Yeah, sure.

Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:36 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Looks like you better wear a cup if you go swimming in the lake, Chuck. There's Pee-rahnnas in that water!

https://komonews.com/news/offbeat/11-ye ... 07-25-2018

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Wed Jul 25, 2018 6:02 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

jukk0u wrote:
Looks like you better wear a cup if you go swimming in the lake, Chuck. There's Pee-rahnnas in that water!

https://komonews.com/news/offbeat/11-ye ... 07-25-2018

I was checking out camping areas for when it cools down, and Fort Cobb is number one on my list. That fish needs a dental plan.

Thu Jul 26, 2018 2:38 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

golddigger14s wrote:
Not that I like them for my regular shopping, they sometimes have some good specials if you know how to work them. No Safeway/Kroger/Albertsons/Fred Meyer in Lawton. Basically just Walmart.

Looks like you also have an Aldi. If you didn't know, they're a "sister company," at least when they started in Germany, to Trader Joes.

Aldi takes a little getting used to, but they typically have good deals and good quality stuff. Make sure you take a quarter and your own grocery bag.

If your Walmart offers grocery pickup, that is also the way to go, especially in the winter.

Thu Jul 26, 2018 3:57 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

joao01 wrote:
golddigger14s wrote:
Not that I like them for my regular shopping, they sometimes have some good specials if you know how to work them. No Safeway/Kroger/Albertsons/Fred Meyer in Lawton. Basically just Walmart.

Looks like you also have an Aldi. If you didn't know, they're a "sister company," at least when they started in Germany, to Trader Joes.

Aldi takes a little getting used to, but they typically have good deals and good quality stuff. Make sure you take a quarter and your own grocery bag.

If your Walmart offers grocery pickup, that is also the way to go, especially in the winter.

I tried Aldi. :throwup:

Thu Jul 26, 2018 4:23 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

golddigger14s wrote:
joao01 wrote:
golddigger14s wrote:

I tried Aldi. :throwup:

yeah, that was my response when I first moved also. After a few months of being here I tried it again and my opinion changed.

Thu Jul 26, 2018 5:14 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Amazing kid from OK:

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

FJB

Sat Jul 28, 2018 6:34 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Picher,_Oklahoma
"Picher is a ghost town and former city in Ottawa County, Oklahoma, United States. This was a major national center of lead and zinc mining at the heart of the Tri-State Mining District.

More than a century of unrestricted subsurface excavation dangerously undermined most of Picher's town buildings and left giant piles of toxic metal-contaminated mine tailings (known as chat) heaped throughout the area. The discovery of the cave-in risks, groundwater contamination, and health effects associated with the chat piles and subsurface shafts resulted in the site being included in 1980 in the Tar Creek Superfund Site by the US Environmental Protection Agency."

Sat Jul 28, 2018 6:36 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

golddigger14s wrote:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Picher,_Oklahoma
"Picher is a ghost town and former city in Ottawa County, Oklahoma, United States. This was a major national center of lead and zinc mining at the heart of the Tri-State Mining District.

More than a century of unrestricted subsurface excavation dangerously undermined most of Picher's town buildings and left giant piles of toxic metal-contaminated mine tailings (known as chat) heaped throughout the area. The discovery of the cave-in risks, groundwater contamination, and health effects associated with the chat piles and subsurface shafts resulted in the site being included in 1980 in the Tar Creek Superfund Site by the US Environmental Protection Agency."

They should build a yacht club on top of it. Like Tacoma!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sat Jul 28, 2018 7:02 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The thunder, and lightning right now is crazy. Kind of cool.

Mon Jul 30, 2018 1:54 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Well, Chuck, the results are in: OK's Governor is rated the WORST Governor in the Union. (Can you hear Ghey Jay's sigh of relief?)

From supporting Obama-care, then not supporting it, and then supporting it again... to veto-ing anti-abortion legislation.... supported Common Core despite previous battles to #resist it, and signed teacher raises before the revenue stream could handle those raises...

and even vetoed Constitutional Carry that rousingly won both state houses... she cannot seem to divine will of the people.

http://thefederalist.com/2018/08/09/vot ... b-84003577

FJB

Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:17 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

jukk0u wrote:
Well, Chuck, the results are in: OK's Governor is rated the WORST Governor in the Union. (Can you hear Ghey Jay's sigh of relief?)

From supporting Obama-care, then not supporting it, and then supporting it again... to veto-ing anti-abortion legislation.... supported Common Core despite previous battles to #resist it, and signed teacher raises before the revenue stream could handle those raises...

and even vetoed Constitutional Carry that rousingly won both state houses... she cannot seem to divine will of the people.

http://thefederalist.com/2018/08/09/vot ... b-84003577

If she is #1, then Jay must be #2. But my gas is $2.40, and 2 BR apt $550. So ya. No Ferguson either, we can go full semi auto.
:ROFLMAO:
ETA: BTW I have a Slide Fire, and I'm not a felon.

Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:12 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Nobody said criminals were smart, and the ones from OK are no exception.
Burglar leaves his jail release papers behind at the scene of the burglary.

https://komonews.com/news/offbeat/suspe ... g-burglary

FJB

Fri Aug 17, 2018 2:55 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thu Sep 06, 2018 2:08 pm
Reply to topic   [ 463 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 31  Next