Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:15 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Used Car Dilemma... Looking for same advise. 
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Old Growth wrote:
I will not consider purchasing ANY truck that requires the cab to come off to fix drivetrain.

Yeah, well most major engine repairs on late model trucks require this.

The cab design (aerodynamics) and weight bias (front to rear weight balance) pretty much tucks the engines under the windshield cowl.

Cylinder heads are no longer 3.5 inches thick like a 350 Chev because the valve train including camshafts and followers are in the head.

This in turn makes the head bolts extremely long.

So unless you're really good with a hole saw......its either engine out or cab off.

BTW

This isn't just the big trucks... the 2002 4.0 OHC Ford Explorer engine has a cam drive chain in front and the back of the engine.

IIRC the right head is driven from the rear.

Oh and on the other subject .....

Last Aftermarket Warranty job I did took two months for me to get paid.

If it wasn't a good customer of mine that I trusted their car would have sat here till the bill was paid.

No longer do I do Warranty work.

"Let us Cross the river and sit in the shade of the trees" .....Stonewall Jackson

T. Jefferson "....the tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. it is it's natural manure"

Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:50 am

Why wouldn’t Washingtion’s implied warranty statute (RCW 62A.2-314) apply (item must operate in a reasonable manner for a reasonable period of time)?

Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:22 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

gunblaster wrote:
Why wouldn’t Washingtion’s implied warranty statute (RCW 62A.2-314) apply (item must operate in a reasonable manner for a reasonable period of time)?

Define Reasonable....Mr President.

And the 'three day return" state policy is also a Myth.

The State of Wa falls on the side of the Used Car lot.....all the time.

Buyer beware....Bought As Is

The OP may have bought from a Dealer ...but the Used Car Dept of that dealer.

Did you also know that a used car lot can sell a vehicle on the I5 corridor that has emission issues?

But you as a Citizen Taxpayer cannot transfer a vehicle to a private party within the I5 corridor without it passing emission test?

Well, you can try, but the buyer cant transfer into his name without a Emission Test. He can buy with affidavit that its broken and needs repairs, but no tabs for him till he gets it fixed.

Who in their right mind is going to do that?

"Let us Cross the river and sit in the shade of the trees" .....Stonewall Jackson

T. Jefferson "....the tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. it is it's natural manure"

Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:40 am
Reply to topic   [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3