Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:37 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 The attempted deplatforming of Alex Jones 
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Selador wrote:
Please watch this entire video. You will be surprised at some things he says.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NH_QB0YSHuc

Georgia Democrat Senator thinks America is a Democracy!

Moron

Not Shocked.......

"Let us Cross the river and sit in the shade of the trees" .....Stonewall Jackson

T. Jefferson "....the tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. it is it's natural manure"

Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:49 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Chains wrote:
You have the Freedom to speak your piece. I however, don’t have to give you my bullhorn to speak it.

Much as I dislike it, that’s I how I see the situation. AJ needs a new bullhorn.

That's exactly how I see it too.

Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:59 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

WaJim wrote:
TINCANBANDIT wrote:
OhShoot! wrote:
Alex Jones sucks ass. Turn that fool off.

careful what you say or someone might say the same about you

Same could be said about A Sharpten...

Someone explain how Trump has to let irritating people twatt on his twatter account via First Ammendment but Zuckfuker can ban AJ?

Is 1A not an all-encompassing right?

Government can't stop you from free speech. That doesn't entitle a person use of someone else's bullhorn. Private companies don't have to allow free speech on their resources, in general. They can restrict what you say on their platform. AJ is being banned on youtube due to three violations of its community guidelines within three months. They said the strikes were for "malicious harassment and bullying. " Twitter is the only company who hasn't banned him for "breaking the rules"
There's more to all of this, but that's the basics that I understand about the issue

Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:11 am
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Duke EB wrote:
WaJim wrote:
TINCANBANDIT wrote:
OhShoot! wrote:
Alex Jones sucks ass. Turn that fool off.

careful what you say or someone might say the same about you

Same could be said about A Sharpten...

Someone explain how Trump has to let irritating people twatt on his twatter account via First Ammendment but Zuckfuker can ban AJ?

Is 1A not an all-encompassing right?

Government can't stop you from free speech. That doesn't entitle a person use of someone else's bullhorn. Private companies don't have to allow free speech on their resources, in general. They can restrict what you say on their platform. AJ is being banned on youtube due to three violations of its community guidelines within three months. They said the strikes were for "malicious harassment and bullying. " Twitter is the only company who hasn't banned him for "breaking the rules"
There's more to all of this, but that's the basics that I understand about the issue

What rules did he violate....

And being a freaking nut job that needs shut up cant be one of them.

"Let us Cross the river and sit in the shade of the trees" .....Stonewall Jackson

T. Jefferson "....the tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. it is it's natural manure"

Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:30 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Here's a faq story
https://www.cnet.com/news/infowars-and-alex-jones-test-the-limit-of-free-speech-on-twitter-facebook-youtube-and-apple/

Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:50 am
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

So calling bullshit on an ugly historic event is what got him banned...

Have all the Holocaust deniers also been banned....there's repercussions for pretty much everything a person could say.

Like calling fire in a theater.

Did Farrakhan by bellowing the crap he spewed incite more rioting when the Missouri shit was going down? Some people beleive his "Justice or Else" rallys did. His voice was not silenced.

I guess when you own the megaphone you get to choose which False View of history you publish and choose to ban the False Views you dont like.

Well I guess the MSM pretty much does that daily.

I've yet to see Feinsteeens China Collusion on regular TV news.

But Trumps Collusion "story" (has yet to be proven) is front page...daily.

BTW the article wording...

Quote:
Infowars and Alex Jones test limits of free speech on Twitter,

Is kinda Orwellian.

Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:48 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBo9uRuTVYk

Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:33 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

This is actually a year old, but pertinent.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OvDBgR0NHkE

How can I help you, and/or make you smile, today?

You are entitled to your opinion. You are not entitled to tell me what mine must be.

Do justice. Love mercy.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” ~ Richard P. Feynman

Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:05 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Selador wrote:
movingviolation wrote:
but wait, there is more!

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-08-07/crackdown-continues-twitter-suspends-libertarian-accounts-including-ron-paul
Quote:
One day after what appeared to be a coordinated attack by media giants Facebook, Apple, Spotify and Google on Alex Jones, whose various social media accounts were banned or suspended in a matter of hours, the crackdown against alternative media figures continued as several Libertarian figures, including the Ron Paul Institute director, found their Twitter accounts suspended.
On Monday, Twitter suspended the editorial director of antiwar.com Scott Horton, former State Department employee Peter Van Buren, and Dan McAdams, the executive director of the Ron Paul Institute.
The suspensions come days after Twitter suspended black conservative Candace Owen from Twitter for highlighting the algorithmic hypocrisy of Twitter by replacing the word “white” with “Jewish” in a series of tweets modeled on those by New York Times editor Sarah Jeong.

just after controversial conservative Alex Jones, and his podcast InfoWars, were kicked out from most social media platforms, prompting conservative to accuse the social networks of collusion in a collective crackdown on non-mainstream voices. The Silicon Valley giants were criticized by the US political establishment for failing to prevent alleged Russian interference in the 2016 presidential election. Meanwhile, critics now say the pressured media giants are engaging in political censorship, using their market dominance and lack of legislated neutrality requirements to target descent voices ahead of the midterm elections.

Tarriff them. Break up their monopolies by forcing them to pay to support alternate platforms.

By the way, the word is dissent. Descent means moving downward. Journalists should be held to a higher standard of grammar. :wink05: :bigsmile:

Much simpler solution available. Twat, FB have made the conscious decision to regulate speech on their platforms. That makes them change from a neutral platform for all views, which there is no legal consequence, to a publisher, that is now responsible for every word that appears on their site.

NOW, in the world of the Federal Election Commission, that is identified as 'an in-kind political contribution", subject to FEC campaign donation laws.

A single ad impression costs what, a penny? penny and a half? Times that by a billion views, and the Twat and FB have now given hundreds of millions of dollars in political ad value to the Lefties and against the Conservatives. These campaign laws are well established. In fact, by just eliminating one side of a political argument is donating to the side they favor.

Pay up, Twat and FB!

The only answer they have is to eliminate their censorship. Or at least bring it up to a "public square" standard that lets anyone say anything, less the immediate false danger stuff like shouting "fire" in a crowded theater.

Checkmate.

Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:33 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

bigzdawg wrote:
Selador wrote:
Tarriff them. Break up their monopolies by forcing them to pay to support alternate platforms.

By the way, the word is dissent. Descent means moving downward. Journalists should be held to a higher standard of grammar. :wink05: :bigsmile:
Much simpler solution available. Twat, FB have made the conscious decision to regulate speech on their platforms. That makes them change from a neutral platform for all views, which there is no legal consequence, to a publisher, that is now responsible for every word that appears on their site.

NOW, in the world of the Federal Election Commission, that is identified as 'an in-kind political contribution", subject to FEC campaign donation laws.

A single ad impression costs what, a penny? penny and a half? Times that by a billion views, and the Twat and FB have now given hundreds of millions of dollars in political ad value to the Lefties and against the Conservatives. These campaign laws are well established. In fact, by just eliminating one side of a political argument is donating to the side they favor.

Pay up, Twat and FB!

The only answer they have is to eliminate their censorship. Or at least bring it up to a "public square" standard that lets anyone say anything, less the immediate false danger stuff like shouting "fire" in a crowded theater.

Checkmate.

That could work if recognized and enforced. Possibility being that it would cost them so much that they'd be forced to stop the one sided censorship, or go out of business.

I'm thinking, though that the FEC is in the DNC pocket so deep they would at the most pay some kind of lip service to a pretended outrage.

You are entitled to your opinion. You are not entitled to tell me what mine must be.

Do justice. Love mercy.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” ~ Richard P. Feynman

Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:52 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UgGY22bCMU

Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:58 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Yup. One word, mid-terms.

The left is afraid that the right possessing free speech on the internet and social sites is what got Trump elected.

So they are trying to control all the social media in their favor, to influence the vote...

In addition to that, she did a better job than any I've watched so far, in covering all the bases.

Little gray kitty for president!!!

Do justice. Love mercy.

Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:59 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Gray cat rocks! She summed up a BUNCH of thoughts I had. I agree.

Yes and I KNEW Google gets big $ from the Government.

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:26 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Attachment:
38748241_1810631512391459_5468033305326649344_n.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:43 pm

I'm going to ask the same question that right wingers asked leftists in the 90s when people like Rush were dominating the AM talk radio shows. Why can't people go get their own pages or forums or create a conservative social media site and do something to make it big?
What is stopping that from happening? Forcing someone to do something on a site they paid for, that they created, that they maintain seems a bit hypocritical.

Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:26 pm
Reply to topic   [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next