Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:41 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 The attempted deplatforming of Alex Jones 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I am not a big fan of Alex but, this totalitarian bullshit needs to stop.
I do like Paul Joseph Watson though. We need his ass here locally in politics as a Seattle city council member preferably.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_eavMuTfr0

Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:11 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

They're doing this to others with their partners, Patreon, and pay-pal too.
Faith Goldy got the ax from Pay-pal because she ran a social "experiment" gathering signatures in support of the 14 words once she replaced "white" with "aboriginal people". Interesting experiment and it carried out just as one might expect.

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:34 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

They are also asking the major banks to give them financial information on their members.

They claim it is to be able to coordinate ads on facebook.

But the information they want on you includes things like your balance, where you shop, what your income level is, etc...

How can I help you, and/or make you smile, today?

You are entitled to your opinion. You are not entitled to tell me what mine must be.

Do justice. Love mercy.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” ~ Richard P. Feynman

Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:50 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Alex Jones sucks ass. Turn that fool off.

Divided we fall.

Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:59 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

OhShoot! wrote:
Alex Jones sucks ass. Turn that fool off.

And I wouldn't begrudge you your right to that opinion and encourage such an action should you deem fit, it does seem rather dis-enlightened for outlets to cull or interfere with differing or dissenting opinions.

Yes, I get that the outlet is a private enterprise and within their right to carry content of their choosing, bt it seems odd for a business that is an outlet for ideas to censor content.

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

FJB

Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:23 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

As far as I can tell, YouTube’s actions vis-a-vis Alex Jones were taken a entirely of their own accord. Calling it “totalitarian” implies that the Government in some way caused it. Is it “totalitarian” for a private company to decide for themselves to whom they will provide their services? Or would it be more totalitarian for the government to step in and tell them that they couldn’t make that choice?

Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:31 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

He got yanked from just about every social media outlet, in quick succession...

Understanding that AJ is nuts or fake news or whatever, he is he litmus test, the canary in the mine.

When they start saying it's OKAY to censor someone like that, then you gotta worry about who else they're going to censor.

This is the slippery slope.

Who is on the chopping block next?

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:01 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Prager University (with whom I don't always agree) has sued YouTube and is doing so again. They state that censorship on YouTube has double in the last couple of years.

Here's one of their web pages stating their case (and, of course, soliciting money for the effort)

https://mailchi.mp/prageru/ji95s4o01m-4 ... b5ba13abe7

"For more than two years, YouTube has continued to restrict access to more and more of our videos - simply because they present a conservative point of view. There are currently over 80 PragerU videos that are restricted - more than double the amount of restricted videos since filing our lawsuit against YouTube. Silicon Valley giants like YouTube continue to censor the ideas they don’t agree with. They promote their Leftist ideology and restrict conservative speech."

FJB

Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:31 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

https://www.real.video/5818721788001

these guys were just talking about the censorship just 4 days ago... they had no idea what was coming...

Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:01 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

TechnoWeenie wrote:

This is the slippery slope.

Who is on the chopping block next?

Maybe we should start a "dead pool" like list?

Hannity?
Beck?
Trump?

Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:08 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The issue is simple - we paid for the internet - it was a DARPA platform originally developed for the military, with our tax dollars.

We own it. For companies to assume control or censorship to advance an agenda or favor a special interest group, should result in the company doing so being stripped of it's privileges to use the internet to monetize itself. Take them out, break them up, sell them off. America should not be acting like China when it comes to the use of a public utility.

Give a man a fish, and he will eat for a day. Give a man a fishing pole, and he will drink too much beer, get tangled in fish line, hook himself in the nose casting, fall overboard, and either drown, or, go home hungry and wet. Give a man a case of dynamite, and he will feed the whole town for a year!

BE ON NOTICE:
PRIVACY NOTICE: Warning - any person and/or institution and/or Agent and/or Agency of any governmental structure including but not limited to the United States Federal Government also using or monitoring/using this website or any of its associated websites, you do NOT have my permission to utilize any of my profile information nor any of the content contained herein including, but not limited to my photos, and/or the comments made about my photos or any other "picture" art posted on my profile.

You are hereby notified that you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing, disseminating, or taking any other action against me with regard to this profile and the contents herein. The foregoing prohibitions also apply to your employee, agent, student or any personnel under your direction or control.

The contents of this profile are PRIVATE and legally privileged and confidential information, and the violation of my personal privacy is punishable by law. UCC 1-103 1-308 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED WITHOUT PREJUDICE

Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:29 am

Simple solution: Stop using social media.

Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:37 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

People are starting to see a similarity between the 1st and second amendments. But they still want to attack both. Then get angry when someone attacks THEIR 1st amendment rights.
Good for me, but not for thee.

Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:40 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The next time someone says Republicans are control freaks, it is pretty easy to show the Democrats control and I mean actually control over 80% of the media.

Now think about it. Their ideas and candidates must really suck if they cannot put forth an electable Presidential candidate. They cannot hold the House and Senate comes and goes. All this with such control of the media. So their usual childish reaction is to further shut down opposing viewpoints. Look at campuses.

Either the pendulum swings or this is not going to end well.

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:43 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

but wait, there is more!

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-08-07/crackdown-continues-twitter-suspends-libertarian-accounts-including-ron-paul
Quote:
One day after what appeared to be a coordinated attack by media giants Facebook, Apple, Spotify and Google on Alex Jones, whose various social media accounts were banned or suspended in a matter of hours, the crackdown against alternative media figures continued as several Libertarian figures, including the Ron Paul Institute director, found their Twitter accounts suspended.
On Monday, Twitter suspended the editorial director of antiwar.com Scott Horton, former State Department employee Peter Van Buren, and Dan McAdams, the executive director of the Ron Paul Institute.
The suspensions come days after Twitter suspended black conservative Candace Owen from Twitter for highlighting the algorithmic hypocrisy of Twitter by replacing the word “white” with “Jewish” in a series of tweets modeled on those by New York Times editor Sarah Jeong.

just after controversial conservative Alex Jones, and his podcast InfoWars, were kicked out from most social media platforms, prompting conservative to accuse the social networks of collusion in a collective crackdown on non-mainstream voices. The Silicon Valley giants were criticized by the US political establishment for failing to prevent alleged Russian interference in the 2016 presidential election. Meanwhile, critics now say the pressured media giants are engaging in political censorship, using their market dominance and lack of legislated neutrality requirements to target descent voices ahead of the midterm elections.

Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:53 am
Reply to topic   [ 105 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next