Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 The attempted deplatforming of Alex Jones 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

PMB wrote:
TechnoWeenie wrote:
PMB wrote:
Are there genuine viable alternatives to the mega social media platforms?
Do the social media platforms claim that they are not stifling free speech?

From my limited knowledge, most of the MSM and big social medias are left leaning, liberal, Controllist even. Am I off base here? Don't they universally claim that they are unbiased ? Almost universally?

The virtual monopoly based on size and viewership should (IMHO) quash the comparison to a local paper.

Why aren't there more conservative or libertarian MSM and social media?

That's like complaining you have to buy fuel because all the car engines require it, IMO.

Wonder how places like farmersonly stay in business? There's a market for it.

Once there's a market for it, whoever successfully fills that market niche can make some good money.

Make a social media platform for conservatives....

WTF?
I re-read my post... It was full of questions, not a single complaint. They were real questions, along with a single opinion about how a current virtual monopoly doesn't compare to a local newspaper.

I'm genuinely curious as to why there are not more conservative-controlled MSM and big social media platforms.

Because, as the video above suggests, the time was right and those liberal players were in the right place when the Feds and the States were handing out money and tax breaks trying to get the thing kick started.

Now you have to get sponsors and try to solicit money from viewers... not an easy task, raising revenue like that.

OANN is a good site, but they need $$ and supporters too. This is why the bloggers on YouTube holler so loudly for you to like and subscribe. Clicks mean money to pay the bills to keep providing content.

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:16 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

PMB wrote:
TechnoWeenie wrote:
PMB wrote:
Are there genuine viable alternatives to the mega social media platforms?
Do the social media platforms claim that they are not stifling free speech?

From my limited knowledge, most of the MSM and big social medias are left leaning, liberal, Controllist even. Am I off base here? Don't they universally claim that they are unbiased ? Almost universally?

The virtual monopoly based on size and viewership should (IMHO) quash the comparison to a local paper.

Why aren't there more conservative or libertarian MSM and social media?

That's like complaining you have to buy fuel because all the car engines require it, IMO.

Wonder how places like farmersonly stay in business? There's a market for it.

Once there's a market for it, whoever successfully fills that market niche can make some good money.

Make a social media platform for conservatives....

WTF?
I re-read my post... It was full of questions, not a single complaint. They were real questions, along with a single opinion about how a current virtual monopoly doesn't compare to a local newspaper.

I'm genuinely curious as to why there are not more conservative-controlled MSM and big social media platforms.

Sorry.. Didn't mean complain in the bitch and moan complain but complain as in 'why?'. 'question' would be a much better word to use. I misspoke. Sorry.

Electric vehicles and hybrids were the answer to that.

Economic forces changed society and technology.

As far as making a new platform? Complacency.

Crtv may expand to include social media like platform, you never know.

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:19 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Alpine wrote:
TechnoWeenie wrote:
Alpine wrote:
Your local newspaper isn't affiliated with LFA-granted utility monopolies. Hell, in some areas Google itself is an ISP.

Analogy falls flat.

ISP = streets to get where you wanna go

Walmart is not blocking off streets so the only place you can go is to Walmart....

Nothing is preventing you from walking around with a sign, or a billboard, or starting your own newspaper...

Show me a newspaper that owns a road system.

Show me a newspaper granted a government monopoly against any competition.

ISPs and major content owners are different.

LFA-granted monopoly = monopoly.

Analogy.

There is no monopoly. You can start a new Facebook. You can choose satellite internet, mobile broadband, etc. You're not stuck with Comcast or Verizon or whomever..

There are options.

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:22 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

TechnoWeenie wrote:
Analogy.

There is no monopoly. You can start a new Facebook. You can choose satellite internet, mobile broadband, etc. You're not stuck with Comcast or Verizon or whomever..

There are options.

Translation:

There are t3 lines, and fiber optic lines available. But you have to play the same stupid game, to be allowed to use any of them. You have to look like us, walk like us, talk like us, vote like us, and dress like us. Not to mention pay through the nose.

But yeah, you have an option. You could go with a 16k dialup!!! See, we aren't a monopoly!

How can I help you, and/or make you smile, today?

You are entitled to your opinion. You are not entitled to tell me what mine must be.

Do justice. Love mercy.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” ~ Richard P. Feynman

Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:41 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

TechnoWeenie wrote:
Alpine wrote:
TechnoWeenie wrote:
Alpine wrote:
Your local newspaper isn't affiliated with LFA-granted utility monopolies. Hell, in some areas Google itself is an ISP.

Analogy falls flat.

ISP = streets to get where you wanna go

Walmart is not blocking off streets so the only place you can go is to Walmart....

Nothing is preventing you from walking around with a sign, or a billboard, or starting your own newspaper...

Show me a newspaper that owns a road system.

Show me a newspaper granted a government monopoly against any competition.

ISPs and major content owners are different.

LFA-granted monopoly = monopoly.

Analogy.

There are options.

Show me a net medium in the Puget sound that isn't bound up with a company financially affiliated with one of these companies censoring.

Quote:
“I want to make something clear, I’m going to guarantee you this is not the last you’ve seen of him (Beto),” Biden said Monday evening during a campaign rally in Dallas. “You’re (Beto) going to take care of the gun problem with me. You’re (Beto) going to be the one who leads this effort.”

https://www.newsweek.com/beto-orourke-g ... ns-1465738
Quote:
[Beto O'Rourke Suggests Police Would 'Visit' Homes To Implement Proposed Assault Weapons Ban] "In that case, I think that there would be a visit by law enforcement to recover that firearm... ..."If someone does not turn in an AR-15 or an AK-47, one of these weapons of war...then that weapon will be taken from them"

Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:51 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Selador wrote:
TechnoWeenie wrote:
Analogy.

There are options.

Translation:

There are t3 lines, and fiber optic lines available. But you have to play the same stupid game, to be allowed to use any of them. You have to look like us, walk like us, talk like us, vote like us, and dress like us. Not to mention pay through the nose.

But yeah, you have an option. You could go with a 16k dialup!!! See, we aren't a monopoly!

I'm pushing 60 mb/s on Sprint....

There are options.

Facebook is not a utility.

Thomas Paine wrote:

Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:52 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

TechnoWeenie wrote:
Selador wrote:
TechnoWeenie wrote:
Analogy.

There are options.

Translation:

There are options.

I swear boy! Sometimes I think I could come in here and say I like ripple potato chips, and you'd give me 5 pages of dissent!

You are entitled to your opinion. You are not entitled to tell me what mine must be.

Do justice. Love mercy.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” ~ Richard P. Feynman

Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:59 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

:ROFLMAO:

Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:00 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Selador wrote:
TechnoWeenie wrote:
Selador wrote:
TechnoWeenie wrote:
Analogy.

There are options.

Translation:

There are options.

I swear boy! Sometimes I think I could come in here and say I like ripple potato chips, and you'd give me 5 pages of dissent!

As long as I don't give you descent...

:-p

And ripple chips? They're OK... But if you want a real treat, grab some ripple chips and dump some old bay in the bag and shake it up...

It's an east coast thing, you'll thank me later...

Mmmm.. crab chips...

:bigsmile:

I see where you're coming from, and definitely think it's concerning, but it's just like private property. Their property, their rules.

Thomas Paine wrote:

Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:24 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

RENCORP wrote:
To expand on my comments after addressing your curve ball just outside the strike zone................

Ughhhhh......baseball analogies. I'm falling asleep just thinking about baseball. Let's just speak in plain English, shall we?

RENCORP wrote:
Companies monetized the internet, and feel that they can control what is essentially the modern version of free press.
Companies didn't monetize it, the free market did. Facebook and YouTube aren't the "free press" but lets for a moment assume they are. Isn't part of being a free press, by definition, the freedom to choose what you report on and what you don't? The reality is that Facebook and YouTube are private corporations that have made significant investments in intellectual property and infrastructure which allow them to host content. They got rich doing so, and at the same time made a lot of other people rich. No one is preventing you or me or Alex Jones from investing in infrastructure to host our own content.

RENCORP wrote:
The ability of the people to hear differing and dissenting opinions to engage their own critical thinking and thought processes to become informed as to the reality of the world they live in is severely constrained if corporate interests can arbitrarily determine legal content.

Are Facebook and YouTube somehow impairing our ability to think critically? Are they making it impossible to create and/or participate in forums that allow us to hear differing and dissenting opinions? How did anyone hear a differing or dissenting opinion before the advent of Facebook? A lively public discourse existed in this country long before Al Gore descended from the heavens to bless us with the inter-web.

RENCORP wrote:
I said, there should be consequences for companies that arbitrarily stifled opinion that differed from their own to benefit a special interest group or to advance social engineering.

These companies aren't arbitrarily stifling any opinions. They are very deliberately stifling conservative opinion. As a conservative, I find it distasteful, but my feelings don't matter. But I agree with you. There should be consequences for these companies. But they should be market-driven, not government imposed.

RENCORP wrote:
Essentially, the stifling of free press, or free speech, both cornerstones of our Constitution and the Bill of Rights, should be met with severe consequences. .
Again with the consequences. Using the loaded gun of the government to compel companies to do what we want. Sounds like freedom to me.

Alpine wrote:
Show me a net medium in the Puget sound that isn't bound up with a company financially affiliated with one of these companies censoring.

When they start cutting off access to the internet based on your political leanings, we can all panic about censorship and free speech. Until then, all I see is a few left-leaning private corporations exercising their right to free speech by choosing not to provide a medium for opinions with which they disagree.

Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:39 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Sprint is in bed and trying to get more into bed with quite a few content owners. You cross Sprint and their interest with content owners and they'll shut you down.

https://nypost.com/2017/06/27/sprint-ex ... d-charter/

Next example.

Quote:
“I want to make something clear, I’m going to guarantee you this is not the last you’ve seen of him (Beto),” Biden said Monday evening during a campaign rally in Dallas. “You’re (Beto) going to take care of the gun problem with me. You’re (Beto) going to be the one who leads this effort.”

https://www.newsweek.com/beto-orourke-g ... ns-1465738
Quote:
[Beto O'Rourke Suggests Police Would 'Visit' Homes To Implement Proposed Assault Weapons Ban] "In that case, I think that there would be a visit by law enforcement to recover that firearm... ..."If someone does not turn in an AR-15 or an AK-47, one of these weapons of war...then that weapon will be taken from them"

Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:41 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

TINCANBANDIT wrote:
OhShoot! wrote:
Alex Jones sucks ass. Turn that fool off.

careful what you say or someone might say the same about you

Same could be said about A Sharpten...

Someone explain how Trump has to let irritating people twatt on his twatter account via First Ammendment but Zuckfuker can ban AJ?

Is 1A not an all-encompassing right?

"Let us Cross the river and sit in the shade of the trees" .....Stonewall Jackson

T. Jefferson "....the tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. it is it's natural manure"

Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:07 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

You have the Freedom to speak your piece. I however, don’t have to give you my bullhorn to speak it.

Much as I dislike it, that’s I how I see the situation. AJ needs a new bullhorn.

Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:50 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The lame stream media does the same thing to Trump. If they don't want you to hear something he said, you won't.

My question is this: When the prez holds a State of the Union address, are the networks required to carry it?

Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:27 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Please watch this entire video. You will be surprised at some things he says.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NH_QB0YSHuc

Do justice. Love mercy.

Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:31 am
Reply to topic   [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next