Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:32 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 The attempted deplatforming of Alex Jones 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

holy shit, this is far more dangerous than "deplatforming"... if they can shut down your money flow they can really shut you down icon_eek

https://www.breitbart.com/tech/2018/08/23/david-horowitz-visa-mastercard-cut-off-payments-to-my-think-tank-based-on-splc-hate-group-label/

Quote:
Breitbart News reached out to David Horowitz who provided the following comment:

We have been attacked by the left wing hate machine whose goal is to suppress and silence conservative voices. This is the work of a Soros funded Media Matters and Southern Poverty Law Center operation. It’s cynical, calculated and supported by the Democratic Party. The reason Mastercard and Visa gave us for cutting us off and thus sabotaging our online fund-raising operation is that the SPLC told them that we were a hate group. It is wrong to focus on the Tech heads as the culprits because as businessmen they have a vested interest in keeping their platforms politically neutral. They have been threatened by Senator Mark Warner and other Democrats if they don’t censor conservatives. The fact that Mastercard and Visa are now part of this juggernaut indicates how dangerous this has become.

Breitbart News reached out to both Visa and Mastercard for comment on the issue but has yet to receive a reply.

is it time to militia yet? :cussing:

Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:26 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Revelation 13:16-17 New International Version (NIV)
16 It also forced all people, great and small, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on their right hands or on their foreheads, 17 so that they could not buy or sell unless they had the mark, which is the name of the beast or the number of its name.

The time has come, gentlemen - like it or not.

Thu Aug 23, 2018 12:09 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

movingviolation wrote:
holy shit, this is far more dangerous than "deplatforming"... if they can shut down your money flow they can really shut you down icon_eek

https://www.breitbart.com/tech/2018/08/23/david-horowitz-visa-mastercard-cut-off-payments-to-my-think-tank-based-on-splc-hate-group-label/

Quote:
Breitbart News reached out to David Horowitz who provided the following comment:

We have been attacked by the left wing hate machine whose goal is to suppress and silence conservative voices. This is the work of a Soros funded Media Matters and Southern Poverty Law Center operation. It’s cynical, calculated and supported by the Democratic Party. The reason Mastercard and Visa gave us for cutting us off and thus sabotaging our online fund-raising operation is that the SPLC told them that we were a hate group. It is wrong to focus on the Tech heads as the culprits because as businessmen they have a vested interest in keeping their platforms politically neutral. They have been threatened by Senator Mark Warner and other Democrats if they don’t censor conservatives. The fact that Mastercard and Visa are now part of this juggernaut indicates how dangerous this has become.

Breitbart News reached out to both Visa and Mastercard for comment on the issue but has yet to receive a reply.

This is EXACTLY why I, and many others have been warning about the "war on cash".

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Thu Aug 23, 2018 12:30 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

jukk0u wrote:
movingviolation wrote:

Quote:

This is EXACTLY why I, and many others have been warning about the "war on cash".

In solidarity, brethren. :snipersmilie:

Thu Aug 23, 2018 3:11 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mII9NZ8MMVM

How can I help you, and/or make you smile, today?

You are entitled to your opinion. You are not entitled to tell me what mine must be.

Do justice. Love mercy.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” ~ Richard P. Feynman

Thu Aug 23, 2018 5:13 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

https://www.breitbart.com/tech/2018/09/06/twitter-permanently-blacklists-alex-jones-infowars/
Quote:
In a statement shared on Twitter, the company said it terminated Jones’ accounts for “abusive behavior”:

Today, we permanently suspended @realalexjones and @infowars from Twitter and Periscope. We took this action based on new reports of Tweets and videos posted yesterday that violate our abusive behavior policy, in addition to the accounts’ past violations. As we continue to increase transparency around our rules and enforcement actions, we wanted to be open about this action given the broad interest in this case. We do not typically comment on enforcement actions we take against individual accounts, for their privacy. We will continue to evaluate reports we receive regarding other accounts potentially associated with @realalexjones or @infowars and will take action if content that violates our rules is reported or if other accounts are utilized in an attempt to circumvent their ban.

Edited to add the link to the video, since Utub removed it...
https://www.real.video/5831705150001

Last edited by movingviolation on Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:27 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/protect-free-speech-digital-public-square-0

Quote:
WE THE PEOPLE ASK THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT TO CALL ON CONGRESS TO ACT ON AN ISSUE:
Protect Free Speech in the Digital Public Square

The internet is the modern public square. It is where political campaigns are fought and won, where journalism is created and distributed, and where grassroots movements are born. Yet, the free and open internet has become a controlled, censored space, monopolized by a few unaccountable corporations.

By banning users from their platforms, those corporations can effectively remove politically unwelcome Americans from the public square. That is repugnant to our shared values of free speech and freedom of the press.

The President should request that Congress pass legislation prohibiting social media platforms from banning users for First Amendment-protected speech. The power to block lawful content should be in the hands of individual users – not Mark Zuckerberg or Jack Dorsey.

Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:56 am
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

movingviolation wrote:

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/protect-free-speech-digital-public-square-0

Quote:

The internet is the modern public square. It is where political campaigns are fought and won, where journalism is created and distributed, and where grassroots movements are born. Yet, the free and open internet has become a controlled, censored space, monopolized by a few unaccountable corporations. ...

This is what I have believed for several years. There is a near monopoly on the exchange of information at the grassroots level.

The only alternative to this is setting up neutral or conservative or libertarian competitors, and looking at the odds of success in the short (or even long) term makes the at least one half of the conversation voiceless.

Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:06 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

PMB wrote:
This is what I have believed for several years. There is a near monopoly on the exchange of information at the grassroots level.

The only alternative to this is setting up neutral or conservative or libertarian competitors, and looking at the odds of success in the short (or even long) term makes the at least one half of the conversation voiceless.

alternative competitors is like a "free speech zone", we all know how well those work out...

Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:21 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Asking for gov't to get into private spaces and control speech?

Be careful what you wish for...

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:14 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

TechnoWeenie wrote:
Asking for gov't to get into private spaces and control speech?

Be careful what you wish for...

It's a fine line between controlling speech, and guaranteeing it. But the line is there.

You are entitled to your opinion. You are not entitled to tell me what mine must be.

Do justice. Love mercy.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” ~ Richard P. Feynman

Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:15 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'm wondering how this would have played out, were net neutrality rules still in place.

Do justice. Love mercy.

Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:07 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

yeah, no bias at all, nooo.....

https://www.breitbart.com/tech/2018/09/12/leaked-video-google-leaderships-dismayed-reaction-to-trump-election/

Quote:
A video recorded by Google shortly after the 2016 presidential election reveals an atmosphere of panic and dismay amongst the tech giant’s leadership, coupled with a determination to thwart both the Trump agenda and the broader populist movement emerging around the globe.
The video is a full recording of Google’s first all-hands meeting following the 2016 election (these weekly meetings are known inside the company as “TGIF” or “Thank God It’s Friday” meetings). Sent to Breitbart News by an anonymous source, it features co-founders Larry Page and Sergey Brin, VPs Kent Walker and Eileen Naughton, CFO Ruth Porat, and CEO Sundar Pichai. It can be watched in full above. It can and should be watched in full above in order to get the full context of the meeting and the statements made.

It was reported earlier this week that Google tried to boost turnout among the Latino population to help Hillary Clinton, only to be dismayed as the usually solid Democratic voting bloc switched to the GOP in record numbers. This video shows a similar level of dismay among Google’s most high-profile figures.

These individuals, who preside over a company with unrivaled influence over the flow of information, can be seen disparaging the motivations of Trump voters and plotting ways to use their vast resources to thwart the Trump agenda.

Wed Sep 12, 2018 12:32 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

movingviolation wrote:
yeah, no bias at all, nooo.....

https://www.breitbart.com/tech/2018/09/12/leaked-video-google-leaderships-dismayed-reaction-to-trump-election/

Quote:
A video recorded by Google shortly after the 2016 presidential election reveals an atmosphere of panic and dismay amongst the tech giant’s leadership, coupled with a determination to thwart both the Trump agenda and the broader populist movement emerging around the globe.
The video is a full recording of Google’s first all-hands meeting following the 2016 election (these weekly meetings are known inside the company as “TGIF” or “Thank God It’s Friday” meetings). Sent to Breitbart News by an anonymous source, it features co-founders Larry Page and Sergey Brin, VPs Kent Walker and Eileen Naughton, CFO Ruth Porat, and CEO Sundar Pichai. It can be watched in full above. It can and should be watched in full above in order to get the full context of the meeting and the statements made.

It was reported earlier this week that Google tried to boost turnout among the Latino population to help Hillary Clinton, only to be dismayed as the usually solid Democratic voting bloc switched to the GOP in record numbers. This video shows a similar level of dismay among Google’s most high-profile figures.

These individuals, who preside over a company with unrivaled influence over the flow of information, can be seen disparaging the motivations of Trump voters and plotting ways to use their vast resources to thwart the Trump agenda.

wow!

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:37 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZZeI1nB7Sc

Do justice. Love mercy.

Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:54 pm
Reply to topic   [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7