Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:13 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 136 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10  Next
 Plane stolen from Seatac 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

That Q 400 flew over our house! Pointed it out to the wife that he was traveling in an unauthorized direction based on the Auburn tower traffic that was coming in.
He must of flown over the town of Sumner before turning back to Puget Sound.
Either that or it was another Q400 trying to start clear of the traffic pattern at Sea Tac.

Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:28 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Suicide by high speed impact with ground.

Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:38 am
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Wasn't it just last week they were talking about reducing TSA presence in the smaller airports.

Welp, flying just got more restrictive.

Wonder what they'll be looking for?

Ignition keys?

"Let us Cross the river and sit in the shade of the trees" .....Stonewall Jackson

T. Jefferson "....the tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. it is it's natural manure"

Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:51 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

WaJim wrote:
Wasn't it just last week they were talking about reducing TSA presence in the smaller airports.

Welp, flying just got more restrictive.

Wonder what they'll be looking for?

Ignition keys?

Smuggling grid squares...

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:04 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

sportsdad60 wrote:
That Q 400 flew over our house! Pointed it out to the wife that he was traveling in an unauthorized direction based on the Auburn tower traffic that was coming in.
Either that or it was another Q400 trying to start clear of the traffic pattern at Sea Tac.

Now I'm sure that was the plane.
It was about this low (photo below, not mine) and based on the flight path, it went over the East side of Lake Tapps before turning south west.
The plane was low enough for wife to comment "What kind of plane is that?" as we sat outside enjoying a glass of wine. I told her it was an Alaska Q400 with "no visible means of support" (mean short stubby wings)

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:18 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

snozzberries wrote:
You can waste a lifetime destroying the city with garbage, shitting on the streets, and shooting up heroin in broad daylight, and nobody gives a shit. But suddenly you make one poor decision and take a plane for a joyride and everybody shits the bed.

Better them shitting their bed than on the street.

Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:17 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

sportsdad60 wrote:
sportsdad60 wrote:

Now I'm sure that was the plane.
It was about this low (photo below, not mine) and based on the flight path, it went over the East side of Lake Tapps before turning south west.
The plane was low enough for wife to comment "What kind of plane is that?" as we sat outside enjoying a glass of wine. I told her it was an Alaska Q400 with "no visible means of support" (mean short stubby wings)

My father flew B-26's, and they called it the "flying prostitute". "No visible means of support". icon_eek

Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:45 am

HawkCreek wrote:
Old Growth wrote:
We were at the range shooting trap and seen it flying overhead very low. Then we heard a loud bang. Not sure f the bang was from the fighters or the crash?

If they shot it down with guns you'd have heard more than a bang. Possibly a missile but I doubt it. I think the guy just crashed.

No missiles. There would have been a visible contrail, smoke ball/burning debris in the sky and a heck of a damage trail.

No guns, either. It would have been VERY audible, and someone would have been moaning about 30mm brass falling all over their nice clean lawn area.

Naw...dumdum just pranged it.

Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:50 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

golddigger14s wrote:
My father flew B-26's, and they called it the "flying prostitute". "No visible means of support". icon_eek

Yep, same reference but wife wouldn't get that joke so I just said no visible means of support. :)

Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:04 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Powderman wrote:
HawkCreek wrote:
Old Growth wrote:
We were at the range shooting trap and seen it flying overhead very low. Then we heard a loud bang. Not sure f the bang was from the fighters or the crash?

If they shot it down with guns you'd have heard more than a bang. Possibly a missile but I doubt it. I think the guy just crashed.

No missiles. There would have been a visible contrail, smoke ball/burning debris in the sky and a heck of a damage trail.

No guns, either. It would have been VERY audible, and someone would have been moaning about 30mm brass falling all over their nice clean lawn area.

Naw...dumdum just pranged it

Any crash you can walk away from is a good landing....oh wait!

Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:05 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Last edited by CQBgopher on Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:10 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

ATC Audio.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xABpLjK6_2Q

Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:20 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

That’s how you go out with a bang. Shoulda done it during seafair that would be awesome to see.

Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:03 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I bet Alaska and Horizon goes back on the log books and inspects anything he touched on previous planes when he was on shift.

Sat Aug 11, 2018 2:06 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Sat Aug 11, 2018 3:00 pm
Reply to topic   [ 136 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10  Next