Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:43 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 166 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next
 The MONTANA Thread! 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Good luck on your move SD. I'm heading to Idaho after the wife retires. :wink05:

"We cannot negotiate with those who say, 'What's mine is mine, and what's yours is negotiable.'" JFK

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety”

-Ben Franklin

MadPick wrote:
I don't think you beat your children enough. :ROFLMAO:

Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:02 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Having grown up in Montana (Flathead Valley) Living in Kalispell, Whitefish and Columbia Falls it pains me to see what has become to my my once great home!

We have always hoped that the liberals were driving around Flathead Lake or through the Seeley Swan the deer strikes would thin them out!

When the property taxes started climbing the running joke was "that the easiest way to make a small fortune in Montana was to move their with a large fortune."

Best of luck, and if you get a chance stop by Moose's Saloon in Kalispell (Moose himself died in '93) but the pizza is still good and every once in a while a peanut fight will break out and then the fun begins. :ROFLMAO:

Second Amendment Foundation

Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:10 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Shonmow wrote:
Having grown up in Montana (Flathead Valley) Living in Kalispell, Whitefish and Columbia Falls it pains me to see what has become to my my once great home!

We have always hoped that the liberals were driving around Flathead Lake or through the Seeley Swan the deer strikes would thin them out!

When the property taxes started climbing the running joke was "that the easiest way to make a small fortune in Montana was to move their with a large fortune."

Best of luck, and if you get a chance stop by Moose's Saloon in Kalispell (Moose himself died in '93) but the pizza is still good and every once in a while a peanut fight will break out and then the fun begins. :ROFLMAO:

I have my name engraved on that bar at Moose's, since 1979! LOL! Saw dust, baby! I love Mooses!

Kalispell is still predominently conservative. Whitefish, OTOH, is gone rouge.
Lakeside (where I am moving to) is a mixed of politics but one thing is certain, there will be 2 more conservatives voting to the RIGHT of center in MT in 2019.
Our property taxes at Lakeside, MT with the same size home as I have here in WA state is estimated to be 1/2.
Our total tax liabilty if I stay in WA state in 2019 is $13,800.
Our total tax liability with a new home in MT in 2017 is $7,800.

Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:10 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

I haven't carved my name, but have been going to Moose's since 1981.

Montana is more Libertarian than Republican. The fact that many/most vote R has more to do with 2A than anything else, I think. At least in the groups that I interact with while there.

Sat Oct 20, 2018 6:30 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Have fun Brian, Grew up in and around Montana. Only lived there a year but we were there every summer.
Have an uncle born and still there. My grandfather was even Governor of Montana (as well as being a legislature and judge before that). One of a very select few that have held positions in all three branches.
I spent two summers as a wild land firefighter and was on the first truck to arrive at the first great Helena fire back in 84. Don't get back as much anymore but have always loved my time in Montana.
I envy you and wish I could join you there but family matters prevent moving at this time as we need to be near an international airport and Montana still doesn't have much in the at regard.
Even in the old days, Western Montana leaned democrat, Eastern was staunchly republican. Sad to see more parts of it succumbing to the urban democrat blight.

Proverbs 27:12 -- “A prudent person foresees the danger ahead and takes precautions. The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.”
Need Long term Food or Survival Supplies, I have extras, Grab the Supplies_Available.pdf. Prices Quoted are close to my actual cost:
https://backupcomputing.workplace.datto.com/filelink/6af06-883bf7e-31d469c0e1-2
Link corrected 1/30/2021.

The prudent Wagunner trains and prepares to defend themselves and their families, friends, and neighbors. They also are prepared to feed, shelter, and provide aid as well.
Danger is coming and may already be here, how prepared are you? Click the link above for lots of good info to get started.

Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:36 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I have some bad news, Brian:

You're going to have to learn French or Hoser.

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:28 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I hadn't heard that one, Eh?
I'm sorry!

Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:53 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/i-s ... newsletter

Man starts a gun and prepper club; leftists interfere.

Better get involved in polly-ticks there, Superdad. Rust never sleeps.

"...no matter where in the US I live or visit is that regardless of how conservative the population of a place is, leftists are almost ALWAYS entrenched into city politics and they almost always run the local newspapers."

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Sat Aug 08, 2020 7:16 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

jukk0u wrote:
https://www.zerohedge.com/political/i-started-local-gun-and-preparedness-club-and-leftists-tried-interfere?utm_campaign=&utm_content=ZeroHedge%3A+The+Durden+Dispatch&utm_medium=email&utm_source=zh_newsletter

"...no matter where in the US I live or visit is that regardless of how conservative the population of a place is, leftists are almost ALWAYS entrenched into city politics and they almost always run the local newspapers."

You be nice to me or I'll fill out my ballot I will no doubt receive for WA state and check "Jay Inslee" for gov! I got one forwarded to me in MT for the primary!

Sun Aug 09, 2020 2:03 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

sportsdad60 wrote:
jukk0u wrote:
https://www.zerohedge.com/political/i-started-local-gun-and-preparedness-club-and-leftists-tried-interfere?utm_campaign=&utm_content=ZeroHedge%3A+The+Durden+Dispatch&utm_medium=email&utm_source=zh_newsletter

You be nice to me or I'll fill out my ballot I will no doubt receive for WA state and check "Jay Inslee" for gov! I got one forwarded to me in MT for the primary!

Code of conduct violation!! Yes, the Dick one.

Sun Aug 09, 2020 4:52 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

jukk0u wrote:
In honor of Brian's impending move and in light of the emerging whackiness of MT politics I though there should be a Montana Thread highlighting Brian's move, and the good, bad and ugly he may encounter there.

Let's start with a political story:

Coupled with the gun control desires of Governor Bullock comes this candidate for ? (the story, oddly, doesn't mention the position for which she is stumping - Representative? State Senator? Spirit Circle leader?)

Kathleen Williams (never trust a Cathy, Kathy, Kat, Kathleen or etc - I married two)..

Kathleen supports treating "high" capacity magazines the same way, legally, as a "sawed off shotgun".. i.e. with a $200 tax stamp!

So, Brian, it behooves you to get east, register to vote and start fighting!

https://www.ammoland.com/2018/09/mt-can ... z5Q2xgfqGh

Red SWEEP at the president, state senate and governor's races!
We're back to pure red again, not purple!

Wed Nov 04, 2020 4:03 am

I was just giving my mom shit yesterday after seeing Missoula County vote blue. Shes a few miles out in Victor and loves it there.

Wed Nov 04, 2020 4:04 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I moved to Kalispell a little over a month ago and couldn’t be happier with my decision. Incredible state.

Thu Nov 05, 2020 9:33 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Breck wrote:
I moved to Kalispell a little over a month ago and couldn’t be happier with my decision. Incredible state.

Congrats! :cheers2:

Thu Nov 05, 2020 9:36 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The best part about Montana is it's not Oklahoma. Oh, and everything else that's better too.
:bigsmile:

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Thu Nov 05, 2020 10:13 pm
Reply to topic   [ 166 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next