Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:54 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 166 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 12  Next
 The MONTANA Thread! 

Massivedesign wrote:
I'm heading to Avon here in a few weeks. Boss-man bought a few hundred acres with a house on it and I am designing a 2nd home for the property.

Beautiful area. Wonder what the Internet & Cell options are there. Not many people.

“Those that can give up essential liberty to gain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
-Benjamin Franklin

Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:17 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

New bill relaxing CC , on our Govs desk , should be signed this week.

"Montanans carry concealed firearms in public settings such as banks and bars regardless of whether they have a concealed carry permit. People with permits would also be allowed to carry in government offices.

The bill would also limit the restrictions the state university system can place on possession of firearms on college campuses.

The bill provides an outright ban on concealed carry in secure law enforcement facilities, federal buildings, courtrooms, K-12 schools and university sporting events with armed security personnel on site."

Mon Feb 08, 2021 6:07 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

sportsdad60 wrote:
New bill relaxing CC , on our Govs desk , should be signed this week.

"Montanans carry concealed firearms in public settings such as banks and bars regardless of whether they have a concealed carry permit. People with permits would also be allowed to carry in government offices.

The bill would also limit the restrictions the state university system can place on possession of firearms on college campuses.

The bill provides an outright ban on concealed carry in secure law enforcement facilities, federal buildings, courtrooms, K-12 schools and university sporting events with armed security personnel on site."

Congrats to the MT state legislature and governor for some real 'common sense' gun legislation :thumbsup2:

Mon Feb 08, 2021 7:05 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Montana's R's are moving to designate ANTIFA as a Domestic Terrorist organization:

https://www.oann.com/mont-moves-to-desi ... ist-group/

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Thu Feb 18, 2021 8:25 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Montana bans sanctuary cities. This is GREAT news!

https://flatheadbeacon.com/2021/03/31/g ... n-montana/

Fri Apr 02, 2021 3:19 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

"MT House Bill 258 would prohibit enforcing a federal ban or regulation of firearms, magazines, and ammunition in MT. It's on it's way to Gov Gianforte after passing through both house and senate."

So, the way I read this, the ATF would not be able to enforce any of Biden's executive gun control orders here in MT?

Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:10 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Montana joins FL in banning vaccine "passports":

https://thefederalist.com/2021/04/14/mo ... the-board/

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

FJB

Wed Apr 14, 2021 7:56 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Even Montana has its problems. Apparently the State Supreme Court has gotten a bit dirty, and is now hiding emails showing lobbying against a law before it was brought to them officially............. In other words, political activity.

https://missoulacurrent.com/government/ ... e-court-2/

From a blog: Political Correctness - the belief that one can pick up a turd by the clean end.

Benjamin Franklin: It is the (civic) responsibility of every citizen to question authority.

Sun Apr 18, 2021 4:43 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

danoh wrote:
Even Montana has its problems. Apparently the State Supreme Court has gotten a bit dirty, and is now hiding emails showing lobbying against a law before it was brought to them officially............. In other words, political activity.

https://missoulacurrent.com/government/ ... e-court-2/

There is a very active group going after this.

https://cleanupthecourt.com/

Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:03 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

sportsdad60 wrote:
"MT House Bill 258 would prohibit enforcing a federal ban or regulation of firearms, magazines, and ammunition in MT. It's on it's way to Gov Gianforte after passing through both house and senate."

It's now law.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/montan ... strictions

The Montana law prohibits law enforcement officials and other state employees from enforcing federal restrictions or spending state funds on particular kinds of firearms, ammunition and magazines.

Arizona Gov. Doug Ducey signed a similar law earlier this month.

In Oklahoma, a bill that would designate that state as a Second Amendment "Sanctuary State" is headed for Gov. Kevin Stitt's desk.

Arkansas Gov. Asa Hutchinson vetoed a similar measure Friday, saying it would jeopardize law enforcement and the public.

Gianforte has positioned himself as a champion of the Second Amendment. Earlier this year he signed a bill into law that allows concealed firearms to be carried in most places without a permit. It also expands where guns can be carried, including university campuses and the Statehouse.

Sat Apr 24, 2021 8:07 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

That's nice, but how are your bowels?

FJB

Sat Apr 24, 2021 8:25 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

jukk0u wrote:
That's nice, but how are your bowels?

Sat Apr 24, 2021 9:31 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

You know when you're in Lewistown Montana when.....

You stop for ice at 2 gas stations and they're out of ice
You go to Albertsons and the check out MILF says "yeah, everyone's out of ice because the Oakridge boys have a concert tonight and there is a wedding....."

Small town....small town problems....

Sat Jun 05, 2021 4:35 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

sportsdad60 wrote:
[i]The Montana law prohibits law enforcement officials and other state employees from enforcing federal restrictions or spending state funds on particular kinds of firearms, ammunition and magazines.

How is that a win for citizens? Other than "state employees" getting to buy any firearm, ammunition or magazine they want to, with state funds???

How can I help you, and/or make you smile, today?

You are entitled to your opinion. You are not entitled to tell me what mine must be.

Do justice. Love mercy.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” ~ Richard P. Feynman

Sat Jun 05, 2021 4:46 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

sportsdad60 wrote:
...because the Oakridge boys have a concert tonight....

It's amazing how far a song about Elvira has gone

Sat Jun 05, 2021 5:08 pm
Reply to topic   [ 166 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 12  Next