Beat me to the headline

Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg fractures 3 ribs in fall

https://www.foxnews.com/us/supreme-cour ... bs-in-fall

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:12 am
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Not surprised.
She looked damn near catatonic in her last interview.
I don't think she will make it through Trumps first term.

Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:14 am

She should retire

But I'm sure the Dem leadership is helping her to make it another year at least. make it that far and they will just delay it (like Reps did) till the next president who very well could be Dem

Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:48 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Dateline: Moscow
"General Secretary Andorpov has a cold. He has been admitted to Moscow General Hospital, as a precaution."

Procession follows..........

Dateline: Moscow
"General Secretary Chernenko has a cold. He has been admitted to Moscow General Hospital, as a precaution."

Procession follows.....

I'm old enough to remember those press announcements, with wistful fondness.

All's I can say is I'm hoping for "the best" outcome. A man can dream, ya know?

Sent from my H8314 using Tapatalk

Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:55 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Being immobile, in bed, with difficulty breathing, my bet is she'll die from pneumonia eventually.

Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:11 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

No way she retires while trump is in office. She will have to go out feet first

Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:26 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

They will pull off miracles of medicine to keep here alive.

Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:34 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

They can rebuild her...

Which is the better: a good friend, a good heart, a good eye, a good neighbor, a good wife, or the understanding of consequences? It is none of these. A warm and senitive soul which knows the worth of fellowship and the price of the individual dignity, this is best.

Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:34 am

She's gonna be hearing cases while inside an iron lung

Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:47 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

velillen wrote:
She should retire

But I'm sure the Dem leadership is helping her to make it another year at least. make it that far and they will just delay it (like Reps did) till the next president who very well could be Dem

Good luck on that. They don't hold the Senate.

'The most foolish mistake we could possibly make would be to allow the subject races to possess arms. History shows that all conquerors who have allowed their subject races to carry arms have prepared their own downfall by so doing.'

Adolf Hitler

Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:56 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I don't wish her ill will.

When old people start falling and breaking bones, it's a very bad signal of an inability to stand and frail bones. Falls resulting in broken bones lead to serious complications in old people too. I do think she would be well-advised to retire and spend her remaining days relaxing and healing.

I didn't realize how very frail and ill she has been. Falls and broken bones are very bad for old people. She's concealed her falls and broken ribs in the past. Foolishly stubborn for her and the liberals that she didn't retire in 2012 when she last fell and broke bones. Had she retired in 2012, Obama would have easily appointed his 3rd appointment so this must really sting. Obama didn't get to replace her, and Hillary didn't get to replace her.

https://www.apnews.com/5cb91423ce954e1d8520eba25fc9262a
"Justice Ginsburg in hospital after fracturing 3 ribs in fall
By MARK SHERMAN
Ginsburg has had a series of health problems. She broke two ribs in a fall in 2012. She has had two prior bouts with cancer and had a stent implanted to open a blocked artery in 2014. She also was hospitalized after a bad reaction to medicine in 2009."

As a conservative, I'm eagerly excited by the very real prospect of a RED WAVE of SCOTUS appointments. The is almost certainly going to result in +3 appointments for the Red team and -3 for the Blue team.

Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:37 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

leadcounsel wrote:
I don't wish her ill will.

When old people start falling and breaking bones, it's a very bad signal of an inability to stand and frail bones. Falls resulting in broken bones lead to serious complications in old people too. I do think she would be well-advised to retire and spend her remaining days relaxing and healing.

I didn't realize how very frail and ill she has been. Falls and broken bones are very bad for old people. She's concealed her falls and broken ribs in the past. Foolishly stubborn for her and the liberals that she didn't retire in 2012 when she last fell and broke bones. Had she retired in 2012, Obama would have easily appointed his 3rd appointment so this must really sting. Obama didn't get to replace her, and Hillary didn't get to replace her.

https://www.apnews.com/5cb91423ce954e1d8520eba25fc9262a
"Justice Ginsburg in hospital after fracturing 3 ribs in fall
By MARK SHERMAN
Ginsburg has had a series of health problems. She broke two ribs in a fall in 2012. She has had two prior bouts with cancer and had a stent implanted to open a blocked artery in 2014. She also was hospitalized after a bad reaction to medicine in 2009."

As a conservative, I'm eagerly excited by the very real prospect of a RED WAVE of SCOTUS appointments. The is almost certainly going to result in +3 appointments for the Red team and -3 for the Blue team.

As I have told my Lawyers. "WILL YOU STOP GAMIFYING THE FUCKING SUPREME COURT." Thanks.

Only want to be fair.

Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:40 am

I'm in with the pneumonia camp. Happened to my perfectly healthy ( but senile) great aunt at 95 from a fall.
RBG needed to retire years ago, the fact that she hasn't really lowers my opinion of her and her handlers.

Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:04 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The longer she continues to serve on the court, the more embarrassing it gets. If she wants to hang onto any of her remaining dignity, she ought to hang her hat and enjoy what time she had left.

Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:15 pm
Reply to topic   [ 804 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 54  Next