Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:24 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 804 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52 ... 54  Next
 RBG down - SCOTUS 

I used to think that in order to survive, we gun owners were going to need to somehow, win over democrats who still believed in protecting the second amendment. The problem is, while there used to be a good number of Rural democrats in the senate and house that strongly believed in protecting the right to bear arms their own party began to work to get them out of power for people that were more in line to their main party goals. The very problems we face in our very state result from that shift. Eastern Washington democrats in order to keep their seats were predominately pro-gun, but they lose party money if they don't vote with their party on key issues, and now the progressives do not care about winning that seat because they are willing to bet they can get another democrat back in the next cycle that is towing the party line. Honestly unless we can get all of the East side and all of the Rural west side to vote Republican you will not see a change in party dynamic and that is the reason we cannot trust the democrats who run this state more crooked than Mayor Daily ever ran Chicago. Sure there might be a few good ones trying govern with reason, their might have been a few good people who were in the Nazi party too, but when you add up the sum of all the rest of what their cohorts do you still count them on the side of evil.

Thu Sep 24, 2020 5:48 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Selador wrote:
spaghetti monster wrote:
MadPick wrote:
spaghetti monster wrote:
So what is your definition of a troll then?

My definition? Someone who's just here to stir shit and get people riled up. That is their SOLE purpose.

And you disagree that was what derrickito was doing?

I know you didn't ask me.

But in my opinion, when he started, I think that was what he was doing.

I think he quickly changed, though.

Then... He was mercilessly insulted. Yes, I know it was in retaliation. But was it necessary? And what do you expect when you just continue to insult someone? Even if they "started it"?

No one deserves a chance unless they start out on good footing, and stay there?

I always welcome your input.

I personal feel like he was just here to troll and start shit. I am willing to be proven wrong though, he can always come back and start again. I am sure he would be welcomed if he learned how to get along with others.

Thu Sep 24, 2020 5:51 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

spaghetti monster wrote:
Selador wrote:
spaghetti monster wrote:
MadPick wrote:
spaghetti monster wrote:

My definition? Someone who's just here to stir shit and get people riled up. That is their SOLE purpose.

And you disagree that was what derrickito was doing?

I know you didn't ask me.

But in my opinion, when he started, I think that was what he was doing.

I think he quickly changed, though.

Then... He was mercilessly insulted. Yes, I know it was in retaliation. But was it necessary? And what do you expect when you just continue to insult someone? Even if they "started it"?

No one deserves a chance unless they start out on good footing, and stay there?

I always welcome your input.

I personal feel like he was just here to troll and start shit. I am willing to be proven wrong though, he can always come back and start again. I am sure he would be welcomed if he learned how to get along with others.

:thumbsup2:

How can I help you, and/or make you smile, today?

You are entitled to your opinion. You are not entitled to tell me what mine must be.

Do justice. Love mercy.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” ~ Richard P. Feynman

Thu Sep 24, 2020 5:54 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

MadPick wrote:
spaghetti monster wrote:

It's difficult to determine motive based on text alone, but reading back at some his posts before he axed them, it certainly seems plausible your description fits, and he's your garden-variety shitbird.

Here's a better question. Why are any of us still talking about it? If he wasn't a troll, than we're casting judgement on somebody who isn't willing to speak up for themselves. If he is a troll, and his goal was to garner attention and stir shit up, we're giving him more of what he wants.

Personally, I'm over it. Trolls are a dime a dozen.

zombie66 wrote:
Mikey is a Bossy Bottom.....

Thu Sep 24, 2020 6:02 pm

Was I an asshole? I'm 57 and I'm losing track of what's acceptable behavior anymore. What was considered a friendly exchange during my army days among soldiers in the late 80's is now cause for hunger strikes and nationwide protests, so I may be out of touch.

When I respond to something here, it not so much to change the mind of the OP as I believe they generally aren't gonna budge, but it's for the hundreds to thousands (on larger online communities such as those on Facebook) of other readers who need to see bad logic dismantled, such as the "I'm not a one issue voter" line. That's a dangerous philosophy to spread, and if it infects enough people, then we're in trouble, it gets turds like joe biden elected.

That kind of thinking is dangerous if it takes root and enough people act on it. One issue voting is paramount when all the other issues hinge on that one most important issue, so I don't let nonsense like that slide, it's infected a lot of people from what I see online. And after I've said what I had to say online, while it didn't change the mind of the OP, nobody could disagree with the truth I spoke, and that means people began to realize this was fact and true, and hopefully they reconsider their voting plan.

As for my asking Jukk0u to ban Derrickito from Jukk0u-Land, I know that was harsh, I KNOW... I KNOW... forgive me... but hey, Jukk0u-Land is my safe space, it's where ammo is cheap, guns are affordable, and all the spinners, chubbs, and buxom babes are horny, and no background checks are required on private gun sales. Forgive me gentlemen!!

MadPick wrote:
Well, I'm gonna say this.

Most of us here agree, politically, on most issues. At the very least, we can usually agree on which gubernatorial or presidential candidate we want. So when you have a fellow gun owner who disagrees, what's the goal you're trying to achieve when you're exchanging posts?

Is it a) to change his/her mind, or b) to drive him/her away, and off of WaGuns and out of the community?

Some of you seem to go for a), which I think is commendable. Good discussion is, well, good. Many of you here were just outright assholes, though, and b) seems to be your goal.

What the hell does that achieve? Did it change his mind? Did it bring you closer to, or farther away from, the possibility of changing his mind?

I don't feel like this was one of WaGuns' finer moments.

Thu Sep 24, 2020 6:04 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Tod wrote:
When I respond to something here, it not so much to change the mind of the OP as I believe they generally aren't gonna budge, but it's for the hundreds to thousands (on larger online communities such as those on Facebook) of other readers who need to see bad logic dismantled, such as the "I'm not a one issue voter" line. That's a dangerous philosophy to spread, and if it infects enough people, then we're in trouble, it gets turds like joe biden elected.

:plusone:

Well said.

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Thu Sep 24, 2020 6:06 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Pvanderzee wrote:
MadPick wrote:
spaghetti monster wrote:

It's difficult to determine motive based on text alone, but reading back at some his posts before he axed them, it certainly seems plausible your description fits, and he's your garden-variety shitbird.

Here's a better question. Why are any of us still talking about it? If he wasn't a troll, than we're casting judgement on somebody who isn't willing to speak up for themselves. If he is a troll, and his goal was to garner attention and stir shit up, we're giving him more of what he wants.

Personally, I'm over it. Trolls are a dime a dozen.

Good point. I cried for awhile when he left, but I’ve pulled myself together and resolved to carry on .

Thu Sep 24, 2020 6:11 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Tod is the Prime Minister of Jukkouland! :thumbsup2:

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Thu Sep 24, 2020 6:12 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Honestly I don't think he was a real gun owner. He didn't seem to know much about them and when confronted several times about the King County semi auto thing he refused to answer. I think it was a fake account.

And despite him making some extremely insulting comments most people remained civil and kept trying to engage him in discussion. I'd bet it was a fake troll account.

Quote:
“I want to make something clear, I’m going to guarantee you this is not the last you’ve seen of him (Beto),” Biden said Monday evening during a campaign rally in Dallas. “You’re (Beto) going to take care of the gun problem with me. You’re (Beto) going to be the one who leads this effort.”

https://www.newsweek.com/beto-orourke-g ... ns-1465738
Quote:
[Beto O'Rourke Suggests Police Would 'Visit' Homes To Implement Proposed Assault Weapons Ban] "In that case, I think that there would be a visit by law enforcement to recover that firearm... ..."If someone does not turn in an AR-15 or an AK-47, one of these weapons of war...then that weapon will be taken from them"

Thu Sep 24, 2020 6:46 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Alpine wrote:
Honestly I don't think he was a real gun owner. He didn't seem to know much about them and when confronted several times about the King County semi auto thing he refused to answer. I think it was a fake account.

And despite him making some extremely insulting comments most people remained civil and kept trying to engage him in discussion. I'd bet it was a fake troll account.

Troll account created in 2013, and never used for trolling until now?

You are entitled to your opinion. You are not entitled to tell me what mine must be.

Do justice. Love mercy.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” ~ Richard P. Feynman

Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:03 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Selador wrote:
Alpine wrote:

Sleeper...Troll

-- Travis A Kisner

Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:13 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

foothills wrote:
Selador wrote:
Alpine wrote:

Sleeper...Troll

Also has 4 good feedbacks...

Do justice. Love mercy.

Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:24 pm

I'm ready for a big ole sweaty group hug if you boys are down for squeezes. No homo

I'm still voting for Biden though :)

Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:59 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

derrickito wrote:
I'm ready for a big ole sweaty group hug if you boys are down for squeezes. No homo

I'm still voting for Biden though.

Well shit Derrick, welcome back! There are lots of good folks here. Mutual respect will go a long ways, as always.

Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:01 pm

I'll try not to be a cunt. But I can't say I'm always going to agree with some viewpoints. But I'll try and not knife first.

Ps. Yes I am a gun owner. No I'm not a sleeper troll. I've been around here and have bought and sold for some time.

Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:05 pm
Reply to topic   [ 804 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52 ... 54  Next