Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Sat Mar 06, 2021 6:41 pm


Rules Brads Guns Rainier Arms McCallen Killer Innovations Fessleman Firearms
WGO Chat Room Rehv Arms Vantage Reloading
Gear Fortis WCA 2A Ind. Pintos WAC
Calendar




Reply to topic  [ 804 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49 ... 54  Next
 RBG down - SCOTUS 
Author Message
Online
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: Bow
Joined: Tue Apr 2, 2013
Posts: 2181
Real Name: Phill
Here's an actual lawyer explaining why the situation with Scalia and Obama's appointee is not the same as the current situation with RGB and Trump's appointee.

Clip starting point is at 21:56 of an almost 3-hour show. Nick Rekieta is fun to listen to.

Can't seem to get the video player up this time around, so this link starts you at about the right place.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xA-ZQJu ... .be&t=2156

_________________
Sinus211 wrote:
Z66 and I still fuck on the regular.

zombie66 wrote:
Mikey is a Bossy Bottom.....


Wed Sep 23, 2020 6:22 pm
Profile
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: Index
Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2012
Posts: 12600
Real Name: Jeff
Pvanderzee wrote:
Here's an actual lawyer explaining why the situation with Scalia and Obama's appointee is not the same as the current situation with RGB and Trump's appointee.

Clip starting point is at 21:56 of an almost 3-hour show. Nick Rekieta is fun to listen to.

Can't seem to get the video player up this time around, so this link starts you at about the right place.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xA-ZQJu ... .be&t=2156


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xA-ZQJu9mc0

Start at 21:56

Our "link thingy" (Super technical term, for you nerds.), only works with the basic link. You can't add the extraneous things like a start time, or "feature", etc.

_________________
-Jeff

How can I help you, and/or make you smile, today?

You are entitled to your opinion. You are not entitled to tell me what mine must be.

Only one word stops tyranny. "NO"!


Wed Sep 23, 2020 6:42 pm
Profile
User avatar

Location: Seattle
Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2018
Posts: 419
"I'm not a one issue voter" is a phrase I've heard or read countless times in recent years. This is the problem I have with that mentality, it fails to understand, it fails to grasp that this one issue of gun ownership is THE most important issue upon which ALL other issues depend.

Lose on this one issue? And we're fucked on all other issues. As a brown skinned Native American JEW who is also Russian, I understand this implicitly. This single issue is too important to kid yourself with the "I'm not a one issue voter" crap.

ALL THE OTHER ISSUES DEPEND ON THIS "ONE ISSUE" OF A POPULATION HAVING THE MEANS, THE TOOLS TO BE ABLE TO DEFEND ALL THOSE ISSUES WHEN PUSH COMES TO SHOVE.

It really is that simple.

derrickito wrote:
Quote:

You've still dodged or failed to answer a couple of direct, reasonable questions on your positions regarding semi-auto ownership in relationship to King Counties published agenda...

Your silence speaks volumes


I responded to the original person, and I think that response still stands. On top of that I think it's getting crazy off topic (hell I helped there) . I'm far from a one issue voter (guns only), I think there's room to compromise on that issue but no one here would like to talk about that, and I still think it's hyperbole as the person stating it can't get off the "a vote for blue means Biden will kill you in your sleep" so I'm mostly ignoring it.

Yes I own several semi automatics as well as other older pieces. I just don't believe I'm going to live to see a day where I'm going to realistically have to hand those in.


Last edited by Tod on Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.



Wed Sep 23, 2020 6:45 pm
Profile
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: kirkland
Joined: Wed May 1, 2013
Posts: 13490
Real Name: jim
derrickito wrote:
I think there's room to compromise on that issue but no one here would like to talk about that, and I still think it's hyperbole as the person stating it can't get off the "a vote for blue means Biden will kill you in your sleep" so I'm mostly ignoring it.

Yes I own several semi automatics as well as other older pieces. I just don't believe I'm going to live to see a day where I'm going to realistically have to hand those in.


You have been listening to the words that Biden, his running mate and his "Gun Czar" have been saying (repeatedly)? Haven't you?

You've have been keeping tabs on the legislation that has poured forth from Olympia, HAVEN'T you?

You do know what's happened to gun ownership (i.e. mandatory surrender) in many New England states and CA etc., don't you?

Is your head buried in the sand or are you being disingenuous?

_________________
"The said constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

"I love Girl Scout Crack!" ~ usrifle

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli


Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:22 pm
Profile
Online
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: Bow
Joined: Tue Apr 2, 2013
Posts: 2181
Real Name: Phill
jukk0u wrote:
derrickito wrote:
I think there's room to compromise on that issue but no one here would like to talk about that, and I still think it's hyperbole as the person stating it can't get off the "a vote for blue means Biden will kill you in your sleep" so I'm mostly ignoring it.

Yes I own several semi automatics as well as other older pieces. I just don't believe I'm going to live to see a day where I'm going to realistically have to hand those in.


You have been listening to the words that Biden, his running mate and his "Gun Czar" have been saying (repeatedly)? Haven't you?

You've have been keeping tabs on the legislation that has poured forth from Olympia, HAVEN'T you?

You do know what's happened to gun ownership (i.e. mandatory surrender) in many New England states and CA etc., don't you?

Is your head buried in the sand or are you being disingenuous?


I wouldn't spend a whole lot more time thinking out responses to him. Took a quick glance at his other recent posts, and they don't give me confidence that the intention is discourse. Not sure if he's trolling, but he's certainly not trying to make nice.

I will, however, maintain my previous sentiment, in that I hope I am proven wrong. He's a real person behind a real keyboard, ostensibly with a real, somewhat thought out opinion on the matter. Don't know if he'll have any credibility left by the time he gets it out, if he gets it out, but it is what it is. Or maybe it's not. I don't know.

_________________
Sinus211 wrote:
Z66 and I still fuck on the regular.

zombie66 wrote:
Mikey is a Bossy Bottom.....


Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:27 pm
Profile
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: South Seattle
Joined: Thu May 2, 2013
Posts: 7401
Real Name: Steve
His post from July should tell you all you need to know about his intent. He’s not here to ‘discuss’ anything:


derrickito wrote:
that terrorism.news site is comedy heaven.

when i want a good laugh at disconnected yahoos that believe that kind of crap, the comments threads on waguns never fail to disappoint. thanks for being cranky ole yocals that believe everything that weird right wing conspiracy theory websites get off on feeding you.


Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:34 pm
Profile
User avatar

Location: Puyallup
Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2018
Posts: 1597
This is me hitting the like button for Tods post.

_________________
I'm a Morlock, in a land of Eloi...


Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:39 pm
Profile
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: England
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2015
Posts: 2703
Real Name: Michael
derrickito wrote:
jukk0u wrote:
This was founded as, and still is, a Christian nation.


The framers feared a state and government union and specifically made the Constitution a wholly secular document It contains no mention of Christianity or Jesus Christ. In fact, the Constitution refers to religion only twice in the First Amendment, which bars laws "respecting an establishment of religion or prohibiting the free exercise thereof," and in Article VI, which prohibits "religious tests" for public office. Both of these provisions are evidence that the country was not founded as officially Christian.

A large portion of our country identifies Christian but it is not a specifically Christian country. This is a country of religious freedom, but not beholden to religion or any specific flavor.


Had more to do with not being able to agree on which sect of Christianity to follow. Funny thing is nearly every state had an established favorite denomination which they supported some by collecting taxes to support them.


Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:45 pm
Profile
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: Bonney Lake
Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2011
Posts: 2809
Tod wrote:
"I'm not a one issue voter" is a phrase I've heard or read countless times in recent years. This is the problem I have with that mentality, it fails to understand, it fails to grasp that this one issue of gun ownership is THE most important issue upon which ALL other issues depend.

Lose on this one issue? And we're fucked on all other issues. As a brown skinned Native American JEW who is also Russian, I understand this implicitly. This single issue is too important to kid yourself with the "I'm not a one issue voter" crap. ALL THE OTHER ISSUES DEPEND ON A POPULATION HAVING THE MEANS, THE TOOLS TO BE ABLE TO DEFEND THOSE ISSUES WHEN PUSH COMES TO SHOVE. It really is that simple.


:bow: :bow:
armed man is a lion. unarmed man is a chihuahua


Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:06 pm
Profile
User avatar

Location: Seattle
Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2018
Posts: 419
Jukk, that derriwhatever guy is barred from entering Jukk0u-Land. Okay? "Room for compromise". Yeah, right. They've taken taken taken our rights away and added thousands of gun laws, so in a compromise, something is given. Derriwhatever, WHAT have they given? ZERO? ZILCH? NADA? NIX? DING DING DING YOU ARE A WINNER IF YOU SAID ZERO!! They have given NOTHING so "they" have NEVER compromised and we have done NOTHING BUT compromise.

Are you high? Drunk? What? What kind of crazy are you selling here? Because we ain't buyin'. And NO you cannot enter Jukk0u-Land no no never. No spinners, no buxom, no chubbs for you..

With crazy talk like yours saying we need to compromise, when that's all we've done for decades, while the left has given NOTHING, with crazy talk like that your credibility is fast approaching zero, if it isn't already there.

jukk0u wrote:
derrickito wrote:
I think there's room to compromise on that issue but no one here would like to talk about that, and I still think it's hyperbole as the person stating it can't get off the "a vote for blue means Biden will kill you in your sleep" so I'm mostly ignoring it.

Yes I own several semi automatics as well as other older pieces. I just don't believe I'm going to live to see a day where I'm going to realistically have to hand those in.


You have been listening to the words that Biden, his running mate and his "Gun Czar" have been saying (repeatedly)? Haven't you?

You've have been keeping tabs on the legislation that has poured forth from Olympia, HAVEN'T you?

You do know what's happened to gun ownership (i.e. mandatory surrender) in many New England states and CA etc., don't you?

Is your head buried in the sand or are you being disingenuous?


Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:41 pm
Profile
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: Tacoma
Joined: Sat May 4, 2013
Posts: 4781
You guys would be ahead to just put assholes on ignore. If nobody responds to their shit, they will go away. Which is what we really want.


Thu Sep 24, 2020 6:16 am
Profile
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: Index
Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2012
Posts: 12600
Real Name: Jeff
We ignore them. They ignore us. The gap widens.

Yeah, that sounds like a great solution.

_________________
-Jeff

How can I help you, and/or make you smile, today?

You are entitled to your opinion. You are not entitled to tell me what mine must be.

Only one word stops tyranny. "NO"!


Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:15 am
Profile
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: Tacoma
Joined: Sat May 4, 2013
Posts: 4781
When somebody pops up just to troll, has no intention to discuss matters rationally, and repeatedly mocks and insults, I will ignore them


Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:34 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 26, 2013
Posts: 303
.


Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:50 am
Profile
Online
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: Oklahoma City
Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2013
Posts: 3011
https://thefederalist.com/2020/09/23/ru ... -a-statue/

New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo has announced his intention to erect a statue in Brooklyn in honor of the late Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg. This is rich, considering that just a few months ago he was all in favor of tearing statues down.


Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:57 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 804 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49 ... 54  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: os2firefox, TechnoWeenie and 52 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum



Rent Me Pintos NRA SAF CCKRBA
Aldersons e-arms.com


Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Designed by ST Software for PTF.
[ Time : 0.752s | 17 Queries | GZIP : Off ]