Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:16 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 191 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 13  Next
 WH Press Pool - Callin out Bull. 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

^Biggest mistake I see there, is him referring to it as ‘His’ house. That’s OUR house JackWagon.

Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:50 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

lionhrt wrote:
One question...If Trump had touched a young female just like this how would the press respond?????/

I mean... I am not going to take THAT bait.

mmalleck wrote:
Massivedesign wrote:
Here is how I look at it..
1) He was supposed to stop talking.. he didn't.
2) He was told he was done, he didn't stop
3) Somebody went to retrieve the mic and he pulled back and went hands on (light hands, but hands regardless).

I don't care WHO he went hands on with, but imagine that it wasn't a female. Let's say a secret service agent came and the reporter got handsy. Reporter would have been eating medium pile carpet for lunch.

Should he have been banned for being handsy vs being a douche? I'd have chosen the douche infraction personally. Regardless of the reason, the outcome is the same. How about stop trying to blame the action and start blaming the person.

Very good summary...

I have no issue with tossing that windbag out on his ass. There was zero reason to create some imagined "assault" or laying of hands on someone. He very VERY obviously did no such thing. He held onto the mic.

Pretending that he did anything to physically restrain the intern is laughable. The fact that anyone here is saying that he "laid hands" is gross. Unless everyone became a snowflake and I missed it? She hit his hand with her bicep... OH NO.

As proven, you dont need to fake anything to kick a dumb-ass reporter out. Just as the above videos show.

Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:03 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

One thing I'd like root and the others who defend Acosta to think about, why do these Msm people get special privileges? Why isn't anyone who runs their own blog granted a white house press pass?

Quote:
“I want to make something clear, I’m going to guarantee you this is not the last you’ve seen of him (Beto),” Biden said Monday evening during a campaign rally in Dallas. “You’re (Beto) going to take care of the gun problem with me. You’re (Beto) going to be the one who leads this effort.”

https://www.newsweek.com/beto-orourke-g ... ns-1465738
Quote:
[Beto O'Rourke Suggests Police Would 'Visit' Homes To Implement Proposed Assault Weapons Ban] "In that case, I think that there would be a visit by law enforcement to recover that firearm... ..."If someone does not turn in an AR-15 or an AK-47, one of these weapons of war...then that weapon will be taken from them"

Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:33 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

https://journalistsresource.org/wp-cont ... ssPass.pdf

Quote:
, Sherrill v. Knight, 569
F.2d 124, 129 (D.C. Cir. 1977) (denial of White House
press credential violated the First and Fifth
Amendments when done without any indicated
standards or an opportunity to respond)

Given that USSC ruled that everyone is a journalist.....

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:39 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Alpine wrote:
One thing I'd like root and the others who defend Acosta to think about, why do these Msm people get special privileges? Why isn't anyone who runs their own blog granted a white house press pass?

Thanks for proving that you actually don't bother to read anything, and are just blindly following what you are told to. And I'm the one called an NPC.

Three or four times now I have not only said Acosta did wrong, but he should be tossed. Ends do not justify the means.

It's kinda like people who are upset when say a murderer gets due process, and instead he should just be shot in the street.

Sun Nov 11, 2018 11:34 am
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Alpine wrote:

Because most "Blog Runners" are certifiably nutz?

J/K

I bet there's an avenue that a Blog Owner could take to apply for a WH Press Pass though.

It would probably include an extremely in-depth BGC.

"Let us Cross the river and sit in the shade of the trees" .....Stonewall Jackson

T. Jefferson "....the tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. it is it's natural manure"

Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:23 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The more pertinent answer is that statist libs only want protections for corporate big budget media that's part of their cheerleading squad.

https://www.watchdog.org/national/feins ... e8a28.html

Quote:
“I want to make something clear, I’m going to guarantee you this is not the last you’ve seen of him (Beto),” Biden said Monday evening during a campaign rally in Dallas. “You’re (Beto) going to take care of the gun problem with me. You’re (Beto) going to be the one who leads this effort.”

Quote:
[Beto O'Rourke Suggests Police Would 'Visit' Homes To Implement Proposed Assault Weapons Ban] "In that case, I think that there would be a visit by law enforcement to recover that firearm... ..."If someone does not turn in an AR-15 or an AK-47, one of these weapons of war...then that weapon will be taken from them"

Sun Nov 11, 2018 2:10 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Guns4Liberty wrote:
I think it's fair to say it was "doctored" in that it was edited for dramatic effect in an effort to imply that what happened was worse than it really was. It wasn't doctored in the way that NBC intentionally edited the George Zimmerman audio to make him sound like a huge racist. But it wasn't necessary to do anything with the Acosta video other than just let it play and show how much of a whiny child he is. And saying that he touched her is true, but it was incidental contact, and he did say "excuse me, ma'am" (something that was also left off the edited clip), so it's not like he was being aggressive toward her like the edited video is trying to suggest. The WH should have just said, "Acosta can come back from timeout when he starts acting like an adult", and left it at that. Bringing the intern into this is unnecessarily dramatic, IMHO.

doctored, no. enhanced to show the incident easier, absolutely.

like the thousands of slo-mo, 5th camera view of football replays every week.

Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:27 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

root wrote:
Alpine wrote:

Thanks for proving that you actually don't bother to read anything, and are just blindly following what you are told to. And I'm the one called an NPC.

Three or four times now I have not only said Acosta did wrong, but he should be tossed. Ends do not justify the means.

It's kinda like people who are upset when say a murderer gets due process, and instead he should just be shot in the street.

You are similar to my Cougar brother that still whines in the '98 Rose Bowl against Michigan, the clock didn't run out like the refs called, because Leaf spiked it on time, and the Cougs would have made that 60 yard Hail Mary and won.

Acosta blocked/hit/slapped/jacked off on the page's arm. She was doing her job and every other reporter in the room knew that.

Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:33 pm

Damn, he shut up quick

Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:53 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

acidfly wrote:
Damn, he shut up quick

Sure, when people literally don't read what you post and just whinge to whinge. Totally worth responding.

bigzdawg wrote:
root wrote:
Alpine wrote:

You are similar to my Cougar brother that still whines in the '98 Rose Bowl against Michigan, the clock didn't run out like the refs called, because Leaf spiked it on time, and the Cougs would have made that 60 yard Hail Mary and won.

Acosta blocked/hit/slapped/jacked off on the page's arm. She was doing her job and every other reporter in the room knew that.

That is hitting and slapping? Holy shit man... You got some of whatever you are smoking to share?

bigzdawg wrote:
Guns4Liberty wrote:
I think it's fair to say it was "doctored" in that it was edited for dramatic effect in an effort to imply that what happened was worse than it really was. It wasn't doctored in the way that NBC intentionally edited the George Zimmerman audio to make him sound like a huge racist. But it wasn't necessary to do anything with the Acosta video other than just let it play and show how much of a whiny child he is. And saying that he touched her is true, but it was incidental contact, and he did say "excuse me, ma'am" (something that was also left off the edited clip), so it's not like he was being aggressive toward her like the edited video is trying to suggest. The WH should have just said, "Acosta can come back from timeout when he starts acting like an adult", and left it at that. Bringing the intern into this is unnecessarily dramatic, IMHO.

doctored, no. enhanced to show the incident easier, absolutely.

like the thousands of slo-mo, 5th camera view of football replays every week.

Yes, and it is called building a narrative. You focus on one thing, and leave overall context out to lead the viewers to see what you want them to.

Its pretty basic shit.

Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:01 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Not comparable. Nothing was cut out that changed the context. Acosta was being a dick and not following the rules. The authorities went to remove the microphone very gently and he physically resisted. When the woman reached for the mic he should have let it go. Instead his BS grandstanding led to physical contact that didn't have to happen. If it was a secret service agent he'd have been on the ground.

Quote:

Quote:

Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:10 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Alpine wrote:
Not comparable. Nothing was cut out that changed the context. Acosta was being a dick and not following the rules. The authorities went to remove the microphone very gently and he physically resisted. When the woman reached for the mic he should have let it go. Instead his BS grandstanding led to physical contact that didn't have to happen. If it was a secret service agent he'd have been on the ground.

Its exactly comparable? It is cut and zoomed, not to mention slowed and exaggerated.

I would be PISSED the fuck off if the Secret Service was partaking in any sort of political activity. So you are saying it would have been a proportional response to batter him to the ground for having the back of someones hand touching your bicep, while YOU Are the one leaning in to grab something from them.

Yikes.

Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:28 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

There was nothing outside the zoomed in area that would have changed this context...

As bizdawg said, this is no different than what happens in every football game. Zooming in and slow motion for enhancement. Do you watch football?

And no I wasn't saying that the sec. Service scenario would have been "proportionate," just that it would have happened. When you resist leos that's generally what happens in 2018.

Quote:

Quote:

Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:50 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Bottom line is NOBODY HERE likes Jimmy boy and we all want to see the shit kicked out of him. :bonghit:

Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:54 am
Reply to topic   [ 191 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 13  Next