Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:26 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 116 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 RIP Bumpstocks - Thanks Trump! 
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Sinus211 wrote:
As always it was giant douche vs turd sandwich. We got giant douche.

Not ideal, but what presidential election is?

The outcome could have been worse.

Yep.
I will not regret the outcome of the election. I choose to work within the framework that we're dealt right now. The other "option" was too terrible to contemplate. We'd very likely be in a shooting war right now had AWB 2.0 No-Sunset-Clause been enacted. We may get there anyway, but there still may be a way out of that ugly mess.

President Trump is not a gun guy... That's the juxtaposition that we're looking for, and it's unrealistic for several reasons. We are disgusted with idiotic legislation from our congresscritters... Because they are not knowledgeable about guns, and choose to implement stupid do-nothing-feel-good laws that people react to out of ignorance.

It should be our job, our goal, to educate the great mass of middle America to the true meaning of liberty (it's NOT guaranteed personal safety!) and to the realities of life in the current century. Firearms and explosives exist... That's NEVER going away as long as there are humans still alive and with IQ's > ~50. It's too late to go back, and the truth is that firearms are FAR more beneficial than they are dangerous.

Guns are dangerous. So are knives, cars, pressure cookers, moving trucks and fertilizer, gasoline, cooking oil, sawdust.
Bumpstocks are not my forte... Doesn't matter at all. .Gov is prohibited clearly from infringing the People's Right to keep and bear arms. Being prohibited from infringing that Natural Right doesn't slow them down at all.

Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:21 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

We had the choice to vote for two evils who both were less than ideal. Being a single issue voter, I voted for Trump and after all this time would not hesitate to do it again.

Anyone who can honestly sit there and say that Hillary wouldn't already be eyeballs deep in your safe is fucking blind.

Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:30 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

L_O_G wrote:
We had the choice to vote for two evils who both were less than ideal. Being a single issue voter, I voted for Trump and after all this time would not hesitate to do it again.

Anyone who can honestly sit there and say that Hillary wouldn't already be eyeballs deep in your safe is fucking blind.

I wished for a different candidate besides trump (Graham in particular), but Anyone But Hillary was the one to vote for.

Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:40 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

lawsuit filed; injunction sought

https://www.firearmspolicy.org/lawsuit- ... ycoalition

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:41 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

L_O_G wrote:

The difference is who could actually get traction.

Had Hillary done these same shenanigans there would be a march on the capital RIGHT NOW. Would she have been able to get something through congress? Unlikely.

However, she would have gotten 3 SCOTUS picks.

I do love the back pedaling of people now following what I have been saying since the election, "Trump is NOT a proGUN President." Shocking how that has changed.

Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:11 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Guns4Liberty wrote:
hkcavalier wrote:
Guns4Liberty wrote:
Benja455 wrote:
But Trump was a pro-2A candidate?

"Pro-2A" is a stretch...I think "less anti-2A" is more accurate.

Well...who was the last true "pro gun" President?

Teddy Roosevelt?

Probably.

hkcavalier wrote:
At the very least, HRC would have slammed through "AWB 2.0" with no sunset clause. She would have given enough "R" congresscritters some quid pro quo in order to achieve this.

So, while sad and stupid, just think about what we would be facing with "her" in the Oval Office.

I don't think anyone disputes this point about Hillary, but it's also not really the point here. The real point is that Trump was touted as a pro-2A candidate when in fact that characterization was nothing more than a misrepresentation of the relative difference between his stance and his opponent's stance on gun rights. The fact that Hillary supports Australian-style confiscation and he doesn't is not an indicator that he is "pro-2A"...it simply means he is "less anti-2A" than she is. But many of Trump's supporters convinced themselves (or were duped into thinking) that he was pro-2A by default, because he was the not-Hillary candidate. This bump stock ban is proving that to be false.

It's all relative. He's not pro-2A in the way we are on this board. He's just a lot more pro-2A than Hillary was/is/will forever be.

We were presented two candidates with a chance of being elected President and the 2A choice was crystal clear.

Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:18 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

root wrote:
L_O_G wrote:

Had Hillary done these same shenanigans there would be a march on the capital RIGHT NOW. Would she have been able to get something through congress? Unlikely.

I do love the back pedaling of people now following what I have been saying since the election, "Trump is NOT a proGUN President." Shocking how that has changed.

Trump might not be "progun" be he isn't anti gun like Hillary is.

Slice it, dice it, anyway you want, but Trump was the least likely threat to the 2A of all of the options.

Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:23 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

L_O_G wrote:
root wrote:
L_O_G wrote:

Trump might not be "progun" be he isn't anti gun like Hillary is.

Slice it, dice it, anyway you want, but Trump was the least likely threat to the 2A of all of the options.

Yes, but there are several people on this board that have repeatedly stated that he is the 2A Savior. Wishful thinking, glad people are finally realizing that he is nothing of the sort.

Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:09 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

root wrote:
Yes, but there are several people on this board that have repeatedly stated that he is the 2A Savior. Wishful thinking, glad people are finally realizing that he is nothing of the sort.

root, do you want credit for bringing many people to their belated senses? :ROFLMAO:
This is for your untiring efforts to make sure that we all know that you knew this before we did! :bigsmile:
Spoiler: show

We all want to justify our past decisions. It's human nature.

Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:15 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

PMB wrote:
root wrote:

root, do you want credit for bringing many people to their belated senses? :ROFLMAO:
This is for your untiring efforts to make sure that we all know that you knew this before we did! :bigsmile:

Not at all, I just wanted to point out that hypocrisy and backpedaling is not a "liberal" only thing.

Though I do credit you for the added discrediting of my thoughts on the matter, by now saying I need a participation trophy. Its greatly appreciated! Truly!

Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:10 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

root wrote:
PMB wrote:
root wrote:

Not at all, I just wanted to point out that hypocrisy and backpedaling is not a "liberal" only thing.

Though, I do credit you for the added discrediting of my thoughts on the matter by now saying I need a participation trophy. Its greatly appreciated! Truly!

I was harassing you in a friendly way. That was the intention. If it came across as mean, I'll be happy to delete all traces.
You have been like a bulldog getting your teeth into everyone who defends President Trump for quite a while... I've tried to say things in the threads and by PM to let you know that at least some of us don't appreciate the attempts (and successful attempts at times) to draw people into angry responses.
You don't come in here to have logical discussions.... You immediately toss in insulting and baiting comments, and then couch them all in an 'I have a superior understanding of trump' (note the single quote marks... )

Many of us agree with you for the most part, but take umbrage at your attempts to belittle everyone who supports and defends President Trump.
The trophy -I don't mind deleting it at all, and only meant it as a friendly poke.

Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:17 pm

root wrote:
Quote:
This rule is intended to clarify that the statutory definition of machinegun includes certain devices (i.e., bump-stock-type devices) that, when affixed to a firearm, allow that firearm to fire automatically with a single function of the trigger, such that they are subject to regulation under the National Firearms Act (NFA) and the Gun Control Act (GCA). The rule will amend 27 CFR 447.11, 478.11, and 479.11 to clarify that bump-stock-type devices are machineguns as defined by the NFA and GCA because such devices allow a shooter of a semiautomatic firearm to initiate a continuous firing cycle with a single pull of the trigger. Specifically, these devices convert an otherwise semiautomatic firearm into a machinegun by functioning as a self-acting or self-regulating mechanism that harnesses the recoil energy of the semiautomatic firearm in a manner that allows the trigger to reset and continue firing without additional physical manipulation of the trigger by the shooter.

https://www.reginfo.gov/public/do/eAgen ... =1140-AA52

Quote:
“The Department of Justice is issuing a rulemaking that would interpret the statutory definition of machine gun in the National Firearms Act of 1934 and Gun Control Act of 1968 to clarify whether certain devices, commonly known as bump-fire stocks, fall within that definition.”

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2018/ ... egulation/

Meaning that all in WA that have one, are now felons! YAY!

tl;dr: Bumpstocks affixed to guns are now MGs, and Trump's DOJ/ATF just made a million Americans felons.

I did not know that it is now legal for the government to seize what was legally owned PRIVATE property without compensation. Where does this end? Even those that owned MG's had the option to register them, pay the tax, or get rid of them. No provisions to compensate is wrong. What is to stop the next knee jerk reaction to a shooting? Will they ban standard capacity mags next? Ban ARs or require they be neutered? If they can do this, what CAN'T they do?

Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:18 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Lawsuits inbound for obvious reasons.

Quote:
“I want to make something clear, I’m going to guarantee you this is not the last you’ve seen of him (Beto),” Biden said Monday evening during a campaign rally in Dallas. “You’re (Beto) going to take care of the gun problem with me. You’re (Beto) going to be the one who leads this effort.”

https://www.newsweek.com/beto-orourke-g ... ns-1465738
Quote:
[Beto O'Rourke Suggests Police Would 'Visit' Homes To Implement Proposed Assault Weapons Ban] "In that case, I think that there would be a visit by law enforcement to recover that firearm... ..."If someone does not turn in an AR-15 or an AK-47, one of these weapons of war...then that weapon will be taken from them"

Tue Dec 18, 2018 5:12 pm

I'm so disappointed right now. We had a republican house, senate and presidency and we didn't get a single piece of pro-gun legislation passed and now we get this slap in the face.

Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:04 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Here's a what if monkey wrench. Are gatling guns going to get reclassed also?

Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:11 pm
Reply to topic   [ 116 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next