Switch to full style
General Chit-Chat, comments etc
Post a reply

RIP Bumpstocks - Thanks Trump!

Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:00 am

This rule is intended to clarify that the statutory definition of machinegun includes certain devices (i.e., bump-stock-type devices) that, when affixed to a firearm, allow that firearm to fire automatically with a single function of the trigger, such that they are subject to regulation under the National Firearms Act (NFA) and the Gun Control Act (GCA). The rule will amend 27 CFR 447.11, 478.11, and 479.11 to clarify that bump-stock-type devices are machineguns as defined by the NFA and GCA because such devices allow a shooter of a semiautomatic firearm to initiate a continuous firing cycle with a single pull of the trigger. Specifically, these devices convert an otherwise semiautomatic firearm into a machinegun by functioning as a self-acting or self-regulating mechanism that harnesses the recoil energy of the semiautomatic firearm in a manner that allows the trigger to reset and continue firing without additional physical manipulation of the trigger by the shooter.

https://www.reginfo.gov/public/do/eAgen ... =1140-AA52

“The Department of Justice is issuing a rulemaking that would interpret the statutory definition of machine gun in the National Firearms Act of 1934 and Gun Control Act of 1968 to clarify whether certain devices, commonly known as bump-fire stocks, fall within that definition.”

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2018/ ... egulation/

Meaning that all in WA that have one, are now felons! YAY!

tl;dr: Bumpstocks affixed to guns are now MGs, and Trump's DOJ/ATF just made a million Americans felons.

Re: RIP Bumpstocks - Thanks Trump!

Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:35 am

Except we all realize the obvious flaw in their logic, right?

This rule is intended to clarify that the statutory definition of machinegun includes certain devices (i.e., bump-stock-type devices) that, when affixed to a firearm, allow that firearm to fire automatically with a single function of the trigger, such that they are subject to regulation under the National Firearms Act (NFA) and the Gun Control Act (GCA). The rule will amend 27 CFR 447.11, 478.11, and 479.11 to clarify that bump-stock-type devices are machineguns as defined by the NFA and GCA because such devices allow a shooter of a semiautomatic firearm to initiate a continuous firing cycle with a single pull of the trigger. Specifically, these devices convert an otherwise semiautomatic firearm into a machinegun by functioning as a self-acting or self-regulating mechanism that harnesses the recoil energy of the semiautomatic firearm in a manner that allows the trigger to reset and continue firing without additional physical manipulation of the trigger by the shooter.

So, it's a single pull, but the trigger is reset? It can't be both, so which is it?

This shit will not hold up in a court of law.

Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:36 am

we've seen this coming for quite some time now. Bumpstocks being illegal really doesn't bother me as you don't need a bump stock to bump fire a rifle. The one that gets me is the crank handle. I was hoping to build a 1919 some day and put a crank handle on it...

Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:58 am

Barfly wrote:we've seen this coming for quite some time now. Bumpstocks being illegal really doesn't bother me as you don't need a bump stock to bump fire a rifle. The one that gets me is the crank handle. I was hoping to build a 1919 some day and put a crank handle on it...

Don't be fooled into the FUD mindset. Any erosion WILL have effects further down the line and emboldens the antis. (as you can see by your crank handle comment)

Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:29 am

Guns4Liberty wrote:Except we all realize the obvious flaw in their logic, right?

So, it's a single pull, but the trigger is reset? It can't be both, so which is it?

This shit will not hold up in a court of law.

Government using logic? Lulz.

Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:47 am

So, turn in for destruction or allow for registration and amnesty? Put it on your AR, pay your tax stamp as a machine gun, put in FA fcg as it's already a MG.

Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:05 am

TechnoWeenie wrote:So, turn in for destruction or allow for registration and amnesty? Put it on your AR, pay your tax stamp as a machine gun, put in FA fcg as it's already a MG.

You forgot "Move to ID" first.

Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:00 pm

Yup, if Clinton was in office these would still be legal. Its all Trumps fault lol

Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:07 pm

I am angry these were banned, and there's a lot to be angry about these days regarding gun laws.
I never had one but I still support the rights to have them.

But I place blame on
* The numbskull murderer who used them in Vegas mass murder
* Numbskull voters too lazy and stupid to vote
* Liberals and antigunners who push bans

Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:10 pm

I still have a curved finger and a belt loop....

Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:41 pm

DONOTBUGME wrote:I still have a curved finger and a belt loop....

Are you politically active and do you vote against liberals and gun control?

In WA they are about 1-3 election cycles away from banning "assault weapons" and components. So your ownership will be heavily restricted or even illegal here.

If liberals get power in Washington, you can bet they will push a nationwide AWB.

Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:43 pm

L_O_G wrote:Yup, if Clinton was in office these would still be legal. Its all Trumps fault lol

Thats totally the right way!

If Trump clearly did it, plug ears and yell Clinton. Not actually hold asshats in Washington responsible for their own actions. Just blame Clinton! This just makes your point weaker in the long run, own up to the POTUS fucking something up.

Trump's directive is the reason this is happening. Don't trust a politician, regardless of his current allegiances.

leadcounsel wrote:I am angry these were banned, and there's a lot to be angry about these days regarding gun laws.
I never had one but I still support the rights to have them.

But I place blame on
* The numbskull murderer who used them in Vegas mass murder
* Numbskull voters too lazy and stupid to vote
* Liberals and antigunners who push bans

I also blame the man who literally pushed for this ban. He is by far, not blameless in this situation.

leadcounsel wrote:
DONOTBUGME wrote:I still have a curved finger and a belt loop....

Are you politically active and do you vote against liberals and gun control?

In WA they are about 1-3 election cycles away from banning "assault weapons" and components. So your ownership will be heavily restricted or even illegal here.

If liberals get power in Washington, you can bet they will push a nationwide AWB.

You realize that most of our strongest progun political critters in WA are not Republicans, right? Voting a party line is dumb.

Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:47 pm

root wrote:...
You realize that most of our strongest progun political critters in WA are not Republicans, right? Voting a party line is dumb.

Interesting. Who do you think are the "strongest pro-gun political critters" in this state?

Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:47 pm

"pro gun Democrats" still caucus with Frank Chopp, Jamie Pedersen and Laurie Jenkins.

How useful will they be when they get outvoted on gun bills by larger Dem floor majorities?

Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:51 pm

mislabeled wrote:
root wrote:...

Interesting. Who do you think are the "strongest pro-gun political critters" in this state?

Really?

How quickly we forget Brian Hatfield and Tim Sheldon. Or do they not count?

Alpine wrote:"pro gun Democrats" still caucus with Frank Chopp, Jamie Pedersen and Laurie Jenkins.

How useful will they be when they get outvoted on gun bills by larger Dem floor majorities?

Dunno, glad they are there however.
Post a reply