Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:16 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Hawaii begins firearm confiscation 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

"Your medical marijuana use disqualifies you from ownership of firearms and ammunition."

Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:13 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

That letter is dated 2017, has it been going in for over a year now? Or has it been stopped by the courts?

Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:33 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Well heck, that's no secret.

I've heard for years the MJ Green Card form you sign says you give up your 2A.

"Let us Cross the river and sit in the shade of the trees" .....Stonewall Jackson

T. Jefferson "....the tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. it is it's natural manure"

Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:34 pm

Wacarry wrote:
That letter is dated 2017, has it been going in for over a year now? Or has it been stopped by the courts?

The only cases I remember ended up with the courts (9th circuit?) pretty much saying Federal law still applied and as such using Pot made a person unable to own a firearm. I believe that same case also ruled that possessing a medical MJ card was enough probable cause to classify a person as a pot user.

Im honestly surprised we havent seen a crap ton more of this though. Especially in CA and NY

Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:39 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Wacarry wrote:

Just found it on reddit:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Libertarian/co ... ooks_like/

I don't see any updates on the page. But the law federal clearly states if you are a user of marijuana you are prohibited.

Wait until Washington merges the records from pot shops with the records from background checks and goes door-to-door.

Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:51 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

snozzberries wrote:
Wacarry wrote:

Wait until Washington merges the records from pot shops with the records from background checks and goes door-to-door.

I dont beleive washington would ever do anything of the sort....but Seattle?

Ohhhh Yeah

"Let us Cross the river and sit in the shade of the trees" .....Stonewall Jackson

T. Jefferson "....the tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. it is it's natural manure"

Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:55 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Call me crazy but I’d rather see ganja smoking gun owners than alcoholic gun owners. Don’t condone either but just saying if I had to choose.

Same with people driving while stoned. I’d prefer it over people driving while drunk. Again, don’t condone either but just saying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:05 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

snozzberries wrote:
Wacarry wrote:

Just found it on reddit:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Libertarian/co ... ooks_like/

I don't see any updates on the page. But the law federal clearly states if you are a user of marijuana you are prohibited.

Recreational marijuana stores don't have records. And most are cash only to avoid incrimination of patrons through electronic records. Most have Atm's inside. I suppose it could be proven that you withdrew money at a location, but how could they prove you spent it there?

P. Before anyone goes getting any ideas, I quit smoking weed years ago

Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:11 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

old11bravo wrote:

Call me crazy but I’d rather see ganja smoking gun owners than alcoholic gun owners. Don’t condone either but just saying if I had to choose.

Same with people driving while stoned. I’d prefer it over people driving while drunk. Again, don’t condone either but just saying.

Don't you alcoholism shame me! :bigsmile:

Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:12 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Sinus211 wrote:
old11bravo wrote:

Don't you alcoholism shame me! :bigsmile:

No shit right?

And alchohol is legal...federally and state level.

Thems fighting werds.

Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:19 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Sinus211 wrote:
Recreational marijuana stores don't have records. And most are cash only to avoid incrimination of patrons through electronic records. Most have Atm's inside.

They scan your ID at the door. They have records.

Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:32 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Old Growth wrote:
Sinus211 wrote:
Recreational marijuana stores don't have records. And most are cash only to avoid incrimination of patrons through electronic records. Most have Atm's inside.

They scan your ID at the door. They have records.

Scan it to make sure it's a valid ID. Do you have any info to say they actually record it?

Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:14 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Sooo.... do we want states to uphold federal laws and toss out 1639? Or do we want states to ignore federal laws and uphold laws that enable addicts?

"A nation grown free in a single day is a child born with the limbs and the vigour of a man, who would take a drawn sword for his rattle, and set the house in a blaze that he might chuckle over the splendour." Sydney Smith (1771-1845)
Spoiler: show
NOW YOU DID IT...
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:39 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

A.Oster wrote:
Sooo.... do we want states to uphold federal laws and toss out 1639? Or do we want states to ignore federal laws and uphold laws that enable addicts?

I'll answer that with another question...do we want the feds enforcing laws that they didn't have the constitutional authority to enact in the first place?

Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:48 pm

Apparently reading comprehension is not a pot smoking gun owners forte.........Every time you buy a gun and fill out ATF Form 4473 line "e", it asks....Are you an unlawful user of, or addicted to, marijuana or any depressant, stimulant, narcotic drug or any other controlled substance?
WARNING: THE USE OF OR POSSESSION OF MARIJUANA REMAINS UNLAWFUL UNDER FEDERAL LAW REGARDLESS OF WHETHER IT HAS BEEN LEGALIZED OR DECRIMINALIZED FOR MEDICAL OR RECREATIONAL PURPOSES IN THE STATE WHERE YOU RESIDE.

DON'T GET A MMJ CARD IF YOU WANT YOUR GUNS........LAW ENFORCEMENT HAVE ACCESS TO THAT DATABASE.

There's NO DATABASE for recreational use if your worried about gun confiscation, while you are committing a federal felony.

Sucks for some people. But until it's federally legal, you gotta play by their stupid rules.

Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:21 pm
Reply to topic   [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next