Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 TSA cuts lock off of gun case.... 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

:facepalm2:

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:35 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Last edited by CQBgopher on Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:52 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

TechnoWeenie wrote:

TW, please put the full link below what you embedded.

How can I help you, and/or make you smile, today?

You are entitled to your opinion. You are not entitled to tell me what mine must be.

Do justice. Love mercy.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” ~ Richard P. Feynman

Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:53 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Selador wrote:
TechnoWeenie wrote:

Le sigh.

Please fix your computer. bring it to me and I'll do it for free.

https://youtu.be/Njlx2jazhnA

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:14 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Nice she wanted to apologize but how about ponying up and buy the guy a set of locks or give him a travel voucher!

And as Dan said, Lots of good people and what seems to be a growing set of clueless clowns. Not just in the TSA either....

Proverbs 27:12 -- “A prudent person foresees the danger ahead and takes precautions. The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.”
Need Long term Food or Survival Supplies, I have extras, Grab the Supplies_Available.pdf. Prices Quoted are close to my actual cost:
https://backupcomputing.workplace.datto.com/filelink/6af06-883bf7e-31d469c0e1-2
Link corrected 1/30/2021.

The prudent Wagunner trains and prepares to defend themselves and their families, friends, and neighbors. They also are prepared to feed, shelter, and provide aid as well.
Danger is coming and may already be here, how prepared are you? Click the link above for lots of good info to get started.

Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:30 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

TechnoWeenie wrote:
Selador wrote:
TechnoWeenie wrote:

Le sigh.

:doh1:

Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:08 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I don't lock my suitcase for this very reason.
What I do is lock the firearm with two locks inside a pelican case, then chain lock that to the suitcase frame.
If someone wants it bad enough, they'll get it, but they'll have to work at it.

Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:41 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Rix86 wrote:
TechnoWeenie wrote:
Selador wrote:
TechnoWeenie wrote:

Le sigh.

:doh1:

There is nothing wrong with my computer.

This is the ONLY site that this happens on.

And I am not the only one that it happens to, here.

You are entitled to your opinion. You are not entitled to tell me what mine must be.

Do justice. Love mercy.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” ~ Richard P. Feynman

Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:19 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

Selador wrote:

There is nothing on this site's programming that dictates how users see, or don't see things differently from other users. There are some settings in your Control Panel, that give you the ability to turn on/off certain features. Other than that, when we have gone down the rabbit hole helping other members diagnose connection issues, it's been their browser or browser settings.

Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:38 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Massivedesign wrote:
Selador wrote:

There is nothing on this site's programming that dictates how users see, or don't see things differently from other users. There are some settings in your Control Panel, that give you the ability to turn on/off certain features. Other than that, when we have gone down the rabbit hole helping other members diagnose connection issues, it's been their browser or browser settings.

Yep. Or their ISP block waguns emails. :bigsmile:

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:41 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Massivedesign wrote:
Selador wrote:

Thank you.

Can't be the cookies, or history or any of the obvious ones. I've already tried those.

Time to start looking at other browser settings.

Hmmmmm. What was the last thing I changed about the browser? (Best place to start. I'll get it figured out.)

Do justice. Love mercy.

Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:17 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Col_Temp wrote:

And as Dan said, Lots of good people and what seems to be a growing set of clueless clowns. Not just in the TSA either....

Not sure what one would expect when TSA attracts people who want to be cops but can't pass the exams? At least on this job the get a uniform, badge, and get to toss their authority around.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother
" - William Shakespeare

Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:56 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Selador wrote:
Massivedesign wrote:
Selador wrote:

Thank you.

Can't be the cookies, or history or any of the obvious ones. I've already tried those.

Hmmmmm. What was the last thing I changed about the browser? (Best place to start. I'll get it figured out.)

Do it sober this time....

:bigsmile:

Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:33 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

NWGunner wrote:
Selador wrote:
Massivedesign wrote:
Selador wrote:

Thank you.

Do it sober this time....

:bigsmile:

THANK YOU!!! I was looking for this conversation, and couldn't remember which thread it was in.

I figured it out.

Took a couple days, of course. Went through all that crap you go through when deleting all cookies, all history, all data of any sort... Had to remember a dozen passwords. Go through the rigamarole for the ones I couldn't remember. Etc.

Tried EVERYTHING. Was down to the point where the next step would have been to reinstall the browser.

Found a clue in the URL box. Followed that clue, and fixed it easy as pie.

The clue... The pages where there was supposed to be a youtube video in one of the responses... All had this shield looking thing in the left side of the url box. Hovered over that shield, and it said that a tracking effort had been blocked.

Pages where there were no youtube links in the responses, there was no shield.

Following that clue, I went into preferences, and looked for anti-tracking. They change this crap every time they "upgrade" the browser. For instance, I used to be able to set ALL sites to have to ask for cookies. And then could set persistent permissions in several different ways. Now it's all screwed up, and you can't do persistent permissions of any sort for anything, any more. So, yeah, they have changed the tracking crap too.

Turned out, if you want to tell sites not to track you, you now have to go further and choose strict rules, or lighter rules. I didn't know that, and had just said not to track me. Strict is apparently turned on by default. So I switched to the lighter rules, and there was the youtube videos again!

By the way, I always do it sober. I have a bottle of whiskey that I have never even opened yet, and have had it for close to a decade. :bigsmile: I don't have anything against drinking. Just don't have a taste for it myself.

Do justice. Love mercy.

Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:33 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Selador wrote:
Massivedesign wrote:
Selador wrote:

Thank you.

Yes, waguns ensures everyone is treated equally and has fair access to an unlimited amount of gay reference quotes in signature lines.

NRA Certified RSO
SAF/NRA Life Member

Sat Dec 08, 2018 1:05 pm
Reply to topic   [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next