Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:42 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Weenie Vs Methhead AAR 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I was on the phone in my big truck, when I hear the unmistakable sound of a key sliding into the door lock of my small truck....

I peak outside and see a meth head trying to jimmy my lock...then he stops a half second later....

He goes to his trunk... Grabs a ratchet, walks to my front bumper... leans down... then goes back to his trunk... repeat this process about 4 times....

I needed to be 100% positive there was evidence before I acted.

I grabbed my pepper spray, gun, and flashlight.... and hopped out the back door... no shoes....

I tell the guy to stop, he starts stammering that he's not doing anything, runs to his car, and drives off.... Meanwhile I go into my pocket to grab my keys to follow him and,..... nothing... they're back in the big truck. He was out of sight before I even made it back into my big truck (had to secure the ladder)....

So...

As far as my truck goes, he was unscrewing my lightbars trying to steal them, one was off and he was working on the other. So, nothing is damaged from what I can tell. I bolted them back in and all was well.

I got the tag number but 911 hung up on me, and on round 2 the calltaker kept asking me to slow down because she couldn't type fast enough....so by the time she was ready, I had forgotten it.

So...

Takeaways.

1. Make sure you bring your keys.
2. Pistol stayed holstered as it should be, and didn't come into play because there was no threat.
3. I shoulda sprayed the guy. Fox 2.0 and a trip to jail would ruin his night.
4. Make sure you bring your fuckin keys.
5. I need a means of rapid egress from my big truck. The doors being 5ft off the ground doesn't help...
6. FWPD officer I talked to was very nice and professional. Buy him some coffee if I see him again.
7. Bring your motherfucking keys, you fucking idiot.
8. Find a way to secure all my accessories, and add a warning/remote PA system to the small truck...His head was inches from 4 airhorns @ 140db ea @ 3 ft...at 6" he'd probably be temporarily deafened and disoriented.
9. Start a gofundme for an X26... :bigsmile:
10. Buy slippers. Wet feet @ 40 degrees go numb very quickly.

All in all, no one hurt, nothing damaged, but mother of god do I wanna find this guy..

I'm up, and will be for awhile.... fuckin' adrenaline...

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Sun Dec 02, 2018 4:28 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Sun Dec 02, 2018 4:33 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

You live a lively life.

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Sun Dec 02, 2018 5:55 am
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

You seem to have more confrontations and weird shit happen to you in a typical week than I have have had in 50+ years.
You should pitch a TV show and have a film crew follow you around.
Better than Live PD. Hahahaha

Sun Dec 02, 2018 5:58 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'm kinda glad I didn't chase him... I would've PIT'd him at the first opportunity.. (moral and legal), but I know they'd find SOMETHING to charge me with, cuz they can't have people ramming cars over (attempted) stolen shit..

Thomas Paine wrote:

Sun Dec 02, 2018 6:54 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

TechnoWeenie wrote:
I'm kinda glad I didn't chase him... I would've PIT'd him at the first opportunity.. (moral and legal), but I know they'd find SOMETHING to charge me with, cuz they can't have people ramming cars over (attempted) stolen shit..

Yup. The best thing you did in that encounter was leave your keys behind.

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:15 am
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer

Guntrader wrote:
You seem to have more confrontations and weird shit happen to you in a typical week than I have have had in 50+ years.
You should pitch a TV show and have a film crew follow you around.
Better than Live PD. Hahahaha

Drama just seeks out the "Weenie"

Nitro Products
FFL Dealer
SOT Dealer

Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:15 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Agreed. The best thing you did was leave your keys behind.

Get some wool socks and crepe soled slippers.

And be a lot more ready with the pepper spray, next time.

How can I help you, and/or make you smile, today?

You are entitled to your opinion. You are not entitled to tell me what mine must be.

Do justice. Love mercy.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” ~ Richard P. Feynman

Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:30 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

To all the people talking shit.

The only reason the guy didn't try harder to steal the truck (I'm guessing) is the chained steering wheel...

Have everything you own in 2 trucks, then have someone try to steal it, change their mind and go after something else, that you worked hard for.

You think I got money laying around to just let people steal shit?

I wanna see you homeless, and some worthless piece of shit that shouldn't even be considered human try to take what little you have left that you can't replace... Then lemme know how you'd react.

I think I did pretty damn good, considering.

'it's just a light' to some people...

To me it's a small piece of what little I have left; my effort, time, and money...

If the law wasn't the issue, I would've had zero moral qualms with emptying a magazine into him. Dude wants to die over a piece of electronics, that's on him.. But, I'm a law abiding citizen.. So... The piece of shit gets to live at least one more day.

Fear not the man who has everything. Fear the man who has nothing to lose.

Edit 1:
So yeah... Make fun of the homeless guy trying to not get his shit stolen and keep making snide comments about 'drama following' me and shit...

Edit 2:
I made a game plan for next time, I learned from this one.... And Selador, I actually had it in my hand,but didn't see my lightbar half off until he drove off... I didn't wanna risk using force without physical evidence that he damaged/tampered with my vehicle, otherwise he gets to claim victim status and I go to jail...

Thomas Paine wrote:

Last edited by TechnoWeenie on Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:41 am, edited 2 times in total.

Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:37 am
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

I thought you had floods wired in around the perimeter of the big truck? Light them up next time. Confrontation is probably best avoided, just let them know someone is home and they're being watched. Or, hit record on your phone next time so you get their face and license plate on camera.

Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:39 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

At what point is "fucking the system" less enjoyable/comfortable than the satisfaction earned from not working?

I enjoy working hard and sleeping comfortable.

You need to back up and reassess what your really getting out of this new "lifestyle" and ask yourself, Is this where I want to be next week, next year, next decade?

Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:13 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Old Growth wrote:
At what point is "fucking the system" less enjoyable/comfortable than the satisfaction earned from not working?

I enjoy working hard and sleeping comfortable.

You need to back up and reassess what your really getting out of this new "lifestyle" and ask yourself, Is this where I want to be next week, next year, next decade?

What is your problem?

Who is 'fucking the system'?

You think I wanna be here?

I'm doing what I can to keep my fucking head above water..

Thomas Paine wrote:

Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:22 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Victims will be victims.

Last edited by Old Growth on Sun Dec 02, 2018 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:25 am
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

I thought TW's response was appropriate and "normal" as far as that goes.
I hate thieves, and have had far worse internal reactions and desire for karma to be visited upon them.

Offering unwanted, unrequested and advice critical of someone's life is almost guaranteed to provoke a negative response.
Let's not escalate this on either side.

Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:27 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

My words fall on deaf ears.

Last edited by Old Growth on Sun Dec 02, 2018 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:32 am
Reply to topic   [ 42 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next