Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:21 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Armed citizens shoot out shoplifter's tires in Marysville. 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

https://q13fox.com/2018/12/23/armed-bystanders-shoot-at-shoplifters-in-marysville-disabling-their-vehicle/

Quote:
MARYSVILLE, Wash. -- Police have two shoplifting suspects in custody in Marysville after getting some help from unknown armed bystanders.

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Sun Dec 23, 2018 7:45 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Next up: Police want Samaritans to step forward so they can "thank them". :wink05:

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Sun Dec 23, 2018 7:47 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

jukk0u wrote:
Next up: Police want Samaritans to step forward so they can "thank them". :wink05:

With shiny new bracelets..

Fucking sad when doing the right thing gets you more jail time than what the criminals get for their crime..

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Sun Dec 23, 2018 7:51 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Screen name.....

Which is the better: a good friend, a good heart, a good eye, a good neighbor, a good wife, or the understanding of consequences? It is none of these. A warm and senitive soul which knows the worth of fellowship and the price of the individual dignity, this is best.

Sun Dec 23, 2018 7:58 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Isn’t that a little extreme? Not sure I agree with shooting tires out....unless they were provoked maybe? But even then.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sun Dec 23, 2018 7:59 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

This link is lacking a key element others are reporting, like KOMO4...

"According to police, two shoplifters stole a bunch of power tools from Coastal Farm; when they got to their car in the parking lt, a shopper tried to confront them, and showed them his gun. The accused shoplifters struck that man with their car as they took off, according to police.

That's when two more shoppers carrying guns confronted the thieves. The armed citizens fired several shots, taking out two tires on the getaway car. Fortunately, no one was hurt."

https://komonews.com/news/local/armed-s ... -and-store

Sun Dec 23, 2018 8:04 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

There is always another side to the story, I try to keep the foot out of mouth till the whole story comes to light.

"We cannot negotiate with those who say, 'What's mine is mine, and what's yours is negotiable.'" JFK

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety”

-Ben Franklin

MadPick wrote:
I don't think you beat your children enough. :ROFLMAO:

Sun Dec 23, 2018 8:38 pm

Mr. Q wrote:
Isn’t that a little extreme? Not sure I agree with shooting tires out....unless they were provoked maybe? But even then.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My same thoughts, if I understand the situation correctly. Let the police go over any footage and track the bad guys down. Insurance can cover any losses by the store. No need to use lethal force if no one is in imminent danger.

Sun Dec 23, 2018 8:54 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Well, they struck a man with their car, but, okay...

Sun Dec 23, 2018 8:55 pm

NWGunner wrote:

I'm just going off what was in the article and video. They said no one got hurt. Didn't see your post though. Still don't agree with the action of the first guy confronting the shoplifters with a weapon.

Last edited by PMC on Sun Dec 23, 2018 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Dec 23, 2018 9:56 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

NWGunner wrote:

"According to police, two shoplifters stole a bunch of power tools from Coastal Farm; when they got to their car in the parking lt, a shopper tried to confront them, and showed them his gun. The accused shoplifters struck that man with their car as they took off, according to police.

That's when two more shoppers carrying guns confronted the thieves. The armed citizens fired several shots, taking out two tires on the getaway car. Fortunately, no one was hurt."

They tried to steal from coastal? :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

That place is a sanctuary for 2a supportive shoppers.

Sun Dec 23, 2018 10:03 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Sinus211 wrote:
NWGunner wrote:

They tried to steal from coastal? :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

That place is a sanctuary for 2a supportive shoppers.

What is it cops always say, we don't catch the smart ones? ... :bigsmile:

Sun Dec 23, 2018 10:09 pm
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer

I personally know a man (driver 1) that was driving his wife and 8 year old child home when another driver (driver 2) hit them from behind in 55mph zone. While pulling over to the shoulder the driver hit them again. Both drivers pulled off into a dirt parking lot of a bar, patrons out front, broad daylight everyone can see what's going on.

The wife gets a cordless phone from the bar and calls 911. Both drivers stand between both vehicles and discuss the situation. Driver 2 for some reason is parked in front of driver 1. Driver one goes back to his car and gets his Colt 1911 from the glove compartment and sets it in the lap of his son who's now sitting in the drivers seat. and says "Don't touch it."

More words are exchanged and before the police arrive, driver 2 dips back into his truck in an attempt to flee the seen. Driver one retrieves his Colt in enough time to post up aimed shots and shoots out one of the truck tires. Driver 2 flees the scene, rubber flapping all over. The police do not arrive to the scene. Eventually they arrive at the home of driver 1 to make a report. Driver 1 tells them everything including shooting out the tire. "Well, you probably shouldn't have done that." says the Highway Patrol officer. Driver 2 is never found.

The little boy never forget about that incident. He grew up and opened a gunsmithing business focused on 1911s. :bigsmile:

1911 Pistolsmithing
Firearm Refinishing
GLOCK Certified Armorer
CMMG Authorized Dealer
NEMO Arms Authorized Dealer
http://www.blackhammerarms.com
http://www.facebook.com/blackhammerarms
https://www.instagram.com/blackhammerarms/

Sun Dec 23, 2018 10:10 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Mon Dec 24, 2018 6:33 am
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

NWGunner wrote:

Radio news this morning;

The Tire Poppers saw the robbery go down and tried to stop them by showing their firearms.

That's when the Robbers tried to run down the Tire Poppers.

Tire Poppers then poked holes in some tires.

So apparently the Robbers didnt assault an innocent bystander with the get-away vehicle..

The Tire Poppers were so proud of what they did they fled the scene before the police showed up.

Police want the Poppers to give statements on what happened.....

I bet they do.

"Let us Cross the river and sit in the shade of the trees" .....Stonewall Jackson

T. Jefferson "....the tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. it is it's natural manure"

Mon Dec 24, 2018 7:06 am
Reply to topic   [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next