Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:26 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 New Jersey HCM ban - active non-compliance 
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

new daddy wrote:
I seriously think you guys have the wrong idea. Revolutions aren't won because people start shooting cops - that's just going to cause them to double down. In today's environment, revolutions are fairly bloodless because the cops (and the army) stand down. That's what happened all over Eastern Europe - as opposed to say, Syria.

You need to focus on getting the cops/military on our side - we're just like them. When they shoot at us, they're shooting at themselves or if they do this, it will be their turn next sort of dynamic.

Then when the .Gov figures out that cops won't enforce the law, they'll either change their tune - or the .Gov will collapse under its own weight.

Agreed 100%.

We're discussing situations like Ruby Ridge and the standoff in Nevada though... Those are real, and there are plenty of our public servants who would think nothing of infringing our Natural rights, or even outright murder. It has happened. So at least from my viewpoint, it's a question about how we respond to the 1% who will follow illegal orders to enforce an unConstitutional and illegal law.

Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:48 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

new daddy wrote:
Then when the .Gov figures out that cops won't enforce the law, they'll either change their tune - or the .Gov will collapse under its own weight.

I agree. Cut off the head of the snake.

I honestly think this is why politicians are going after rifles with such a hard on. They realize what a force multiplier they are, and realize that they have a LOT more to worry about when you have a guy that can take you out from 500 yds away, and get 3 rds down range before you even realize what hit you..... compared to a single nutjob with a pistol... They have bodyguards for that... Can't stop someone you can't see..

Long and the short of it. Leftist politicians wanna ban rifles because they realize that eventually people will start voting from the rooftops...

Funny part of that is, all but 1 Presidential assassin was a leftist.... So, when it comes to political violence...think of the left..

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:54 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

PMB wrote:
the standoff in Nevada

When I saw the video/pics of the guy with the AK on the bridge, using the barriers as cover, with just a little slit to fire through.... 2 thoughts came to mind...

1. Holy shit, this is real, and this could get real ugly...
2. Feds were covered from an elevated position, with clear line of sight, zero cover or concealment other than their vehicles.... The 'gunfight' would be over in 30 seconds....

Then the Sheriffs swat team rolled in and basically told the feds 'They're serious, you're fucked, end this before you die'.... Hahahahaha

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:59 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

new daddy wrote:
I seriously think you guys have the wrong idea. Revolutions aren't won because people start shooting cops - that's just going to cause them to double down. In today's environment, revolutions are fairly bloodless because the cops (and the army) stand down. That's what happened all over Eastern Europe - as opposed to say, Syria.

You need to focus on getting the cops/military on our side - we're just like them. When they shoot at us, they're shooting at themselves or if they do this, it will be their turn next sort of dynamic.

Really good point made here.

I would also add that unlike the genocide perpetrated in Nazi Germany, Law enforcement members would be related to many of the very people that want to uphold liberty, justice and the 2A.

Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:43 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I dunno why anyone is talking about conflict with the police. Why fight the grunt when the officers are the ones giving orders? As has been said, fight them by cutting the head from the snake. Eliminate the political traitors who start this shit, not the guys and gals who are tasked with doing their jobs. I'm speaking hypothetically as an avid "what-if-er" and longtime gamer, so its all just an act of provocative thoughts... but if officials keep disappearing, less people will be willing to take up the role. I think that is how the people's voice is finally heard; when the soap box and ballot box are ignored long enough. But no one is dumb enough to lay out violent plans (of what whould be labeled "domesti c terro rism" by every gov agency out there) on any online forum...

But if it were a game scenario, I know where my points would be spent: stealth, long range weapons, and a host of related skills for escape and evasion.

"A nation grown free in a single day is a child born with the limbs and the vigour of a man, who would take a drawn sword for his rattle, and set the house in a blaze that he might chuckle over the splendour." Sydney Smith (1771-1845)
Spoiler: show
NOW YOU DID IT...
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:36 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

A.Oster wrote:
I dunno why anyone is talking about conflict with the police. Why fight the grunt when the officers are the ones giving orders? As has been said, fight them by cutting the head from the snake. Eliminate the political traitors who start this shit, not the guys and gals who are tasked with doing their jobs. I'm speaking hypothetically as an avid "what-if-er" and longtime gamer, so its all just an act of provocative thoughts... but if officials keep disappearing, less people will be willing to take up the role. I think that is how the people's voice is finally heard; when the soap box and ballot box are ignored long enough. But no one is dumb enough to lay out violent plans (of what whould be labeled "domesti c terro rism" by every gov agency out there) on any online forum...

But if it were a game scenario, I know where my points would be spent: stealth, long range weapons, and a host of related skills for escape and evasion.

Agreed.

Lots of white vans and suppressed 300 BO...

:D

Thomas Paine wrote:

Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:52 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

AR15L wrote:
How many generals, etc. were relieved of duty, (fired), for answering NO, I WILL NOT HAVE MY MEN FIRE ON US CITIZENS when asked on that last test they took, I think during Barry's term?

I would like to request a source for this, please

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:15 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Mr. Q wrote:
AR15L wrote:
How many generals, etc. were relieved of duty, (fired), for answering NO, I WILL NOT HAVE MY MEN FIRE ON US CITIZENS when asked on that last test they took, I think during Barry's term?

I would like to request a source for this, please

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It might take a while but I will try.

Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:23 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

new daddy wrote:

Very good point.

IF... The point becomes to "kill the beast", the best way to do so is to cut off it's head, not keep tangling with its claws.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_kUVy3-iBk

If the corrupt politicians cannot be gotten rid of at the soap box and ballot box, there's only one box left. Which needs to be used before it is completely lost.

How can I help you, and/or make you smile, today?

You are entitled to your opinion. You are not entitled to tell me what mine must be.

Do justice. Love mercy.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” ~ Richard P. Feynman

Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:07 am
Reply to topic   [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4