The Wall vs E-Verify 

Which would you rather see implemented?
The Wall 25%  25%  [ 2 ]
Mandatory e-verify 75%  75%  [ 6 ]
Total votes : 8

The Wall vs E-Verify 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

There is so much talk about The Wall, but I wonder if it's the best solution.

What are we trying to achieve? Would mandatory E-verify be better? Require it for every employer, for every employee. Require employers to re-run it every year. Violations are a $100,000 per employee per year fine. Would anybody hire an illegal that snuck into the country? Would anybody hire an illegal that over-stayed their visa? Would the desire to sneak across the southern border still exist? Would we even need a wall?

Which would you prefer?

And before anybody says it:

Sat Jan 05, 2019 5:16 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

What would you prefer, and why?

Sat Jan 05, 2019 5:18 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

NWGunner wrote:
What would you prefer, and why?

I'm not sure.

I've been thinking recently that e-verify might be more useful. It would reduce the desire of people to cross the border. No more "Just sneak in and make a better life for yourself."
But do I really need papers to get a job and work for somebody? Next up you need to carry them with you everywhere. The government can fuck right off.
Will a wall stop drugs/terrorists? e-verify won't. What is the purpose of the wall?

Sat Jan 05, 2019 5:22 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The wall will be much easier to enforce. E-Verify only works if every employer in the country complies, which a lot do not. As long as it's possible to work for cash under the table, employers and employees will do so to avoid taxes and E-Verify, which allows the employee to work and remain "in the shadows" so to speak.

Sat Jan 05, 2019 5:28 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Um. Both. It's simple. The cost is extremely low.

Border security is not 1 item. It's a coherent conjunction of inter-laced security.

Make it harder to get here - walls, drones, border guards, entry checkpoints, etc.

Make it harder to stay here - remove welfare and financial incentives, cash employment, etc.

Make it less desirable to stay - criminal penalties and deportation.

Sat Jan 05, 2019 5:33 pm

As far as I know any legit employer has to run e verify on every new employee before hiring them. The problem arises when an illegal alien uses a stolen ID to get a job.

Sat Jan 05, 2019 8:21 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

leadcounsel wrote:

Border security is not 1 item. It's a coherent conjunction of inter-laced security.

Make it harder to get here - walls, drones, border guards, entry checkpoints, etc.

Make it harder to stay here - remove welfare and financial incentives, cash employment, etc.

Those penalties need to be painful for those that knowingly employ that labor, too.

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Sat Jan 05, 2019 8:36 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

jukk0u wrote:
leadcounsel wrote:

Those penalties need to be painful for those that knowingly employ that labor, too.

inmates...put their ass to work!! $1 an hr I don't give no crap... play cards/ watch tv f*ck no your not there for playtime, we need chain gangs again

Sat Jan 05, 2019 8:41 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Single strand barbed wire ain't cutting it. Can you crawl under an E-Verify?

Sat Jan 05, 2019 8:58 pm
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]