Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:43 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 I fought the VA 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

and the VA is still stringing me along lol.

I found out today that they made a decision yesterday but will not tell me until I get the info in the mail. :frust: :frust: :frust: :frust: :frust: :frust: :frust: :frust: :frust: :frust: :frust: :frust: :frust: :frust: :frust: :frust: :frust: :frust: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing:

He who does not punish evil commands it to be done. --- Leonardo DaVinci

When its time to go in:
That place of steel and stone. I pray that you will keep me safe, so I will not walk alone. Help me to do my duty, please watch me on my rounds.
Amongst those perilous places and slamming steel door sounds. God, keep my fellow Officers well and free from harm. Let them know I'll be there too, whenever there's alarm.
Above all when I walk my beat, no matter where I roam. Let me go back whence I came, to family and home

Author unknown.

Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:15 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Hang in there.

It’s never an easy road to stand up and say that is enough. Especially when it feels like you are alone.

Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:59 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I to had fought them years ago after I ETSed (1980) for a service connected disability (hearing & tinnitus). True to form, they danced all around until I finally gave up & couldn't afford to fight anymore. SMH
Good luck in your plight.

"We cannot negotiate with those who say, 'What's mine is mine, and what's yours is negotiable.'" JFK

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety”

-Ben Franklin

MadPick wrote:
I don't think you beat your children enough. :ROFLMAO:

Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:39 pm
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer

Log in to your ebenefits and check your disability page or payment page. Often times you can actually see immediately if any changes were made.

P: (360) 972-2955

Certified Cerakote Applicator
Custom Firearm builds
Firearm Sales/Special Orders
Ammo/parts Sales

Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:39 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Fuck the VA.

Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:12 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I still don't think you should move ahead with the sex change, but your call man.

Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:18 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

oldkim wrote:
Hang in there.

It’s never an easy road to stand up and say that is enough. Especially when it feels like you are alone.

thankfully I am not alone I have a good lawyer

Caveman Jim wrote:
I to had fought them years ago after I ETSed (1980) for a service connected disability (hearing & tinnitus). True to form, they danced all around until I finally gave up & couldn't afford to fight anymore. SMH
Good luck in your plight.

that was the year I was born.

Mike_P wrote:
Log in to your ebenefits and check your disability page or payment page. Often times you can actually see immediately if any changes were made.

just tried nothing new.

RockHopper wrote:
Fuck the VA.

this

Beer Hounds wrote:
I still don't think you should move ahead with the sex change, but your call man.

I am not the one that moved to the back woods.

When its time to go in:
That place of steel and stone. I pray that you will keep me safe, so I will not walk alone. Help me to do my duty, please watch me on my rounds.
Amongst those perilous places and slamming steel door sounds. God, keep my fellow Officers well and free from harm. Let them know I'll be there too, whenever there's alarm.
Above all when I walk my beat, no matter where I roam. Let me go back whence I came, to family and home

Author unknown.

Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:25 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Reason of many I don't go to the VA and have never bothered. The VA needs to just go the fuck away. Civilian healthcare is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better.

Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:30 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

... and the VA won :thumbsdown: oh well I will get with my lawyer and see what we can do to fight it.

When its time to go in:

Author unknown.

Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:41 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

mash man wrote:
... and the VA won :thumbsdown: oh well I will get with my lawyer and see what we can do to fight it.

I think it’s far more likely that you’ll win with an attorney on your side, and I sincerely wish that you do. The corrupt nature of the VA has hurt MANY of us veterans, and there’s a lot of bitterness spread around the community. If you have the stomach to continue the fight, I’d love to see another Vet win out. Keep us informed of your progress, and kudos to you for keeping it up!

Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:12 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

RockHopper wrote:
mash man wrote:

I think it’s far more likely that you’ll win with an attorney on your side, and I sincerely wish that you do. The corrupt nature of the VA has hurt MANY of us veterans, and there’s a lot of bitterness spread around the community. If you have the stomach to continue the fight, I’d love to see another Vet win out. Keep us informed of your progress, and kudos to you for keeping it up!

:thumbsup2:

When its time to go in:

Author unknown.

Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:36 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

This is what the VA said about my claim... :ROFLMAO:

icon_eek
Kidding.

The VA is a maddening bureaucracy. I genuinely believe they try to do well. I've had overall very good service. But I've seen the other end of the spectrum where vets with clear service connection are denied for literally decades. It requires digging in and fighting for every inch.

Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:40 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I painted with CARC using no breathing apparatus and have lung problems, knees are nothing but steady pain, working around 2 stroke engine's and rifle fire 6" from my ears on the border left me with hearing loss and non stop steady tinnitus (have menieres and left ear shut off 15 year's ago, doc said may be service related and if I lose my right, I fully fucked and will never be able to walk or stay steady again)
I won't go through the process of claiming, I know damned well they'll say not service related and will just keep kicking the can down the road until I die while bleeding me dry in the process.
I have as much faith in the VA as I have surviving self administrated open heart surgery.....

Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:09 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

STED9R wrote:
I painted with CARC using no breathing apparatus

So you're the private who messed up my paint job! :ROFLMAO:

All kidding aside, that's nasty shit.... I put on an MCU-2/P when I sanded my trucks down...... I can only imagine what prolonged exposure does...

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:49 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

TechnoWeenie wrote:
STED9R wrote:
I painted with CARC using no breathing apparatus

So you're the private who messed up my paint job! :ROFLMAO:

All kidding aside, that's nasty shit.... I put on an MCU-2/P when I sanded my trucks down...... I can only imagine what prolonged exposure does...

Quite literally. E2 at first duty station and only thing I know is to follow orders without questioning.
5 gallons of paint and grease.
Cover everything you don't want painted with grease and shoot it, outside in the summer.

Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:54 am
Reply to topic   [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next