Switch to full style
General Chit-Chat, comments etc
Post a reply

Fall on the Olympic Peninsula

Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:53 pm

:bigsmile: I love it here.

DSCF1421h.jpg

DSCF1437h.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Fall on the Olympic Peninsula

Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:13 pm

Nice. Very jelly.

But FALL? I just went out to the mailer box and noticed (on top of the allergies I've been suffering the last few days) how many plants are blooming or budding!

Global Warming?! Will I be able to grow orange trees in my back yard this year?

Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:00 pm

I haven't been following the news... Are the temps and moisture unseasonable?
Sure seems like it to us down here. Bigly.

Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:21 pm

I live in Sequim. 13" of annual rainfall & lots of sunshine.

Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:29 pm

Hows the wind? Do you get dried out (really) which is to say, find that your thirst has increased?

Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:06 pm

Damn, that is just beautiful!

Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:10 pm

Sinus211 wrote:Damn, that is just beautiful!

Thanks, it's nice to be somewhere that has lots of fall colors. Now that I know where to go, next year I'll be out with the camera the entire fall, not just that one day these photos are from.

Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:11 pm

jukk0u wrote:Hows the wind? Do you get dried out (really) which is to say, find that your thirst has increased?

No difference. Similar humidity to east Puget Sound.

Wind

This section discusses the wide-area hourly average wind vector (speed and direction) at 10 meters above the ground. The wind experienced at any given location is highly dependent on local topography and other factors, and instantaneous wind speed and direction vary more widely than hourly averages.

The average hourly wind speed in Sequim experiences mild seasonal variation over the course of the year.

The windier part of the year lasts for 5.7 months, from October 21 to April 13, with average wind speeds of more than 4.9 miles per hour. The windiest day of the year is December 4, with an average hourly wind speed of 6.2 miles per hour.

The calmer time of year lasts for 6.3 months, from April 13 to October 21. The calmest day of the year is August 12, with an average hourly wind speed of 3.6 miles per hour.

The predominant average hourly wind direction in Sequim varies throughout the year.

The wind is most often from the west for 5.5 months, from April 20 to October 6, with a peak percentage of 60% on July 17. The wind is most often from the south for 6.5 months, from October 6 to April 20, with a peak percentage of 47% on January 1.

Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:10 pm

Stayed a few days out by lake Cushman

Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:46 pm

Sequim is high on my list of places to live.... heh....
beautiful area..

I drove by lake crescent one day on the way to a job site... Absolutely stunning...
Post a reply