General Chit-Chat, comments etc
Post a reply

My prime membership went up, and Bezos getting a divorce

Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:44 am

Pre-planning due to no pre-nup?

Me smells a rat...

Re: My prime membership went up, and Bezos getting a divorce

Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:57 am

If they were married for over 10 years, then CA says she is also entitled to money made down stream after the divorce. So raising the prices would only give her more money in the following years. It most likely has to do with building the new headquarters and the cost to move people out of Seattle. They have a great relocation benefits.

Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:44 am

Reloaded the "gift card" at amazon the other day. From my checking account.

I've done this before. Easiest way to get a balance going at amazon, then use that balance. (When you can't just drive into town and buy a gift card.)

Never had a problem. No problem this time. Except that this time...

I received the email that said they had loaded the amount I requested.

THEN I received an email that said that they tried to load 10k dollars, and had only succeeded in loading the amount that I requested in the first place.

Obviously a 'test' to see how much they could get if they tried.

(Gas stations do it too. They claim that it is so they can be assured that they can withdraw whatever we actually purchase.)

I call BS. They don't need to know how much is in my account.

They only need to ask for the amount I said, and then let me know if they can't get it.

I got the strangest feeling this was in case someone there at amazon decided to grab as much money as they could from people's accounts, if they got fired, or something...

Now... I have to wonder if someone at amazon is concerned that they are going down, and is hedging their bets ahead of time...

Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:58 am

Selador wrote:Reloaded the "gift card" at amazon the other day. From my checking account.

I've done this before. Easiest way to get a balance going at amazon, then use that balance. (When you can't just drive into town and buy a gift card.)

Never had a problem. No problem this time. Except that this time...

I received the email that said they had loaded the amount I requested.

THEN I received an email that said that they tried to load 10k dollars, and had only succeeded in loading the amount that I requested in the first place.

Obviously a 'test' to see how much they could get if they tried.

(Gas stations do it too. They claim that it is so they can be assured that they can withdraw whatever we actually purchase.)

I call BS. They don't need to know how much is in my account.

They only need to ask for the amount I said, and then let me know if they can't get it.

I got the strangest feeling this was in case someone there at amazon decided to grab as much money as they could from people's accounts, if they got fired, or something...

Now... I have to wonder if someone at amazon is concerned that they are going down, and is hedging their bets ahead of time...

It's normal.
My company pays by one time use cards. I have to tell the vendors a dozen times to only run the card once for actual amount, and not run it to see if monies are there or the usual round up and pull what's owed.
A complete fiasco getting zeroing out old card and running a new one.

Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:12 am

The ex is available for juk. Has anyone warned her? icon_eek :bigsmile:

Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:18 am

Last edited by CQBgopher on Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:53 pm

Is this a new increase? I know that mine went from under $100 to around $130 in October...
Pretty sue it has nothing to do with him cheating in his wife...
I gotta admit, I've never had a 60 BILLION DOLLAR piece of tail before... I gotta admit I really doubt an ass like that exists!

Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:32 pm

Classic wrote:I gotta admit, I've never had a 60 BILLION DOLLAR piece of tail before... I gotta admit I really doubt an ass like that exists!

Been there, done that. The guy had really bad breath though

Totally not worth it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:43 pm

RocketScott wrote:
Classic wrote:I gotta admit, I've never had a 60 BILLION DOLLAR piece of tail before... I gotta admit I really doubt an ass like that exists!

Totally not worth it

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :rofl9: :bigsmile: :rofl9: :rofl9: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

I got nutin'........ :bow: icon_eek

Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:58 pm

RocketScott wrote:

Totally not worth it

Damn dude, I never knew!!!

Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:25 am

STED9R wrote:It's normal.
My company pays by one time use cards. I have to tell the vendors a dozen times to only run the card once for actual amount, and not run it to see if monies are there or the usual round up and pull what's owed.
A complete fiasco getting zeroing out old card and running a new one.

I maintain my indignation.

It is none of their business how much is or isn't in my checking account.

Their only business with my account, is to withdraw the amount I have agreed with them for.

If they are unable to withdraw that amount, then they should check with me about it.

Anything else is an invasion of my privacy.

I am continually amazed at how much, people nowadays, think nothing of invasions of their privacy... That a few decades ago, people would have filed lawsuits if that happened.

Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:44 pm

Phuk Amazon
Kalifornia
Starbucks
Dicks
The list goes on. Get off my lawn.... :bigsmile:

Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:00 pm

Post a reply