Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:18 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Really good behind the scenes on the NRA from board member 
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer

This is a really good article that articulates some of the behind the scenes machinations that explain what some of us viewed as the NRA selling us out.

Quote:
So, it’s relatively popular to bash the NRA right now, and we have a lot of folks in our own community that are happy to jump on that bandwagon. I get it. I don’t like where we are at with the 2A situation, either, and I wish the NRA could yell “Shall not be infringed,” from the mountaintops. But, through my involvement with the org over the past years, and the insight into the DC and state level situations I’ve unfortunately had to gain while lobbying and managing lobbying efforts, I also understand some things that make me appreciate the strengths of what the NRA actually brings to us, and I felt compelled to share that as a comment on some posts that decried the current state of the NRA. Some folks urged me to make it sharable, so I’m doing so, with some cleaning up of my language. I get that some folks will call me full of it, or claim “the NRA is in full damage control” or whatever, but this isn’t an NRA statement. This is a statement from me, a very, very zealous advocate for extreme libertarian gun rights, with an understanding of the current political landscape. Take it as you will, but please put aside your prejudices for just a moment to read, because if we can’t get everyone pushing in the same direction, we can’t beat the disarm America movement, because they are more than willing to get together to achieve our ruin.

https://www.breachbangclear.com/sick-of-the-nra-then-read-this/

Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:15 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Last edited by CQBgopher on Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:02 pm

If I could choose one thing for the NRA to focus on it would absolutely be federal lobbying.

Realistically, there is no possible way that the NRA can effectively lobby 50 states. Even if they were bigger and richer they couldn’t. There are just too many personal connections to maintain with people who turn over every couple of years.

I’m actually a bit surprised that WA doesn’t have a significantly stronger statewide gun group that everyone is helping fund and promote.

Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:58 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Last edited by CQBgopher on Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:12 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Rutilate wrote:
If I could choose one thing for the NRA to focus on it would absolutely be federal lobbying.

Realistically, there is no possible way that the NRA can effectively lobby 50 states. Even if they were bigger and richer they couldn’t. There are just too many personal connections to maintain with people who turn over every couple of years.

I’m actually a bit surprised that WA doesn’t have a significantly stronger statewide gun group that everyone is helping fund and promote.

Read this.
http://www.spokesman.com/stories/1997/o ... n-control/

Quote:
“I want to make something clear, I’m going to guarantee you this is not the last you’ve seen of him (Beto),” Biden said Monday evening during a campaign rally in Dallas. “You’re (Beto) going to take care of the gun problem with me. You’re (Beto) going to be the one who leads this effort.”

https://www.newsweek.com/beto-orourke-g ... ns-1465738
Quote:
[Beto O'Rourke Suggests Police Would 'Visit' Homes To Implement Proposed Assault Weapons Ban] "In that case, I think that there would be a visit by law enforcement to recover that firearm... ..."If someone does not turn in an AR-15 or an AK-47, one of these weapons of war...then that weapon will be taken from them"

Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:29 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

My gripe with the NRA is their refusal to even attempt to educate and influence the voting public. They park their fat asses in DC and have lunch with politicians. That’s important, but they completely abandon the states to liberal dollars and influences. They are losing battle after battle, an think they will win the war.

Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:33 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:41 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]