Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:22 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Damnit Carl! (Officer NDs into partner's back) 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Unicorn wrote:
Dan360, you keep playing the same pathetic tune. A CDL. Is just a driver. All they do is drive. A cop doesn't just shoot for a living. Can you see the very simple difference? Are you willing to pay to triple the size of departments and quintuple their ammo budget so they can shoot as well as you think they should? It would take near full time training to do this.

Or better yet, why don't you and technoweenie get off your asses and become the super troopers you seem to think you can be. You know it all so show how great you are. Do more than just constantly hide behind you keyboards talking shit about people who actually have some courage. You're such badasses you'll end all crime and never have to risk making a mistake because you're so perfect.

But no, you'll just make some lame excuse, and keep being a keyboard coward.

Last edited by CQBgopher on Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:00 pm

mislabeled wrote:
No more personal attacks.

Oh really? But it's ok he makes some threat about not spending money at my employer, bringing in someone completely unrelated into this. This isn't on the store's page, I'm not posting as the store. There is nothing connecting me to the store other than people know I work there. But that's totally ok??? Are you kidding me?

It's also ok to keep talking shit about cops all the time, multi page threads about how they are pathetic and losers, and jack booted thugs, but this was over the line.

Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:07 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

mislabeled wrote:

Unicorn wrote:
Oh really? But it's ok he makes some threat about not spending money at my employer, bringing in someone completely unrelated into this. This isn't on the store's page, I'm not posting as the store. There is nothing connecting me to the store other than people know I work there. But that's totally ok??? Are you kidding me?

I don't know what you're referring to here, perhaps I missed something earlier in the thread? If you have a link to a particular post or other discussion, I'd like to see it. You can also use the "report post" feature if you see something that's out of line.

Unicorn wrote:
How about you tell us where you work so we can see about costing them money even though it has zero relation to this.

Again, I'm in the dark on this one.

Unicorn wrote:
It's also ok to keep talking shit about cops all the time, multi page threads about how they are pathetic and losers, and jack booted thugs, but this was over the line.

Referring to groups of individuals by profession or otherwise is not the same as directly calling another member names. The CoC is fairly clear on that one:

Quote:
1) Respect - We ask all members to respect one another, whether they have earned it or not. Verbal attacks on other members will not be tolerated; we may call each other names in jest, and that is fine, but please do not cross the line to hostility. Disrupting normal, on-topic discussion, inciting arguments or baiting others to do so, engaging in ad hominem attacks during a discussion, or publicly demanding or insinuating that another member should be banned is never acceptable.

Carry on.

Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:19 pm

TechnoWeenie wrote:
Unicorn wrote:
Watch all of the videos. 100 pound, pissed off dog breaks out of crate. First two cops go out the door, third and last turns to leave and has negligent discharge into first cops back. So yes the dog attack did start it. But he fucked up by having his finger on the trigger.

Dan360, you keep playing the same pathetic tune. A CDL. Is just a driver. All they do is drive. A cop doesn't just shoot for a living. Can you see the very simple difference? Are you willing to pay to triple the size of departments and quintuple their ammo budget so they can shoot as well as you think they should? It would take near full time training to do this.

Or better yet, why don't you and technoweenie get off your asses and become the super troopers you seem to think you can be. You know it all so show how great you are. Do more than just constantly hide behind you keyboards talking shit about people who actually have some courage. You're such badasses you'll end all crime and never have to risk making a mistake because you're so perfect.

Bu no, you'll just make some lame excuse, and keep being a keyboard coward.

Last night I caught a guy 2 blocks from home depot trying to steal a lumber cart..... Which is a felony due to the cost of the cart.... and I made him return it, much to the amusement of the HD employees who thought it was the funniest thing ever, watching a thief make the walk of shame and push a cart all the way back, up a hill (they're not light)..

I also interrupted a verbal domestic at a gas station, which was 2 seconds from turning violent (dude was punching the gas pumps, banging on window, etc)... and got him to cool down for a second..... (his girl was being a bitch, admittedly)... Sometimes all it takes is someone to say 'look, we both know this is bullshit, just calm down, and we can figure it out, I know you're pissed, I'd be too if she pulled some shit like that, but you gotta relax'.... He could've gone on later to kill her and chop her up into 20 little pieces, but hey, you do what you can, right?

You mean, things like that? Being active in the community and doing the right thing?

I was armed and managed not to shoot anyone in the back, does that count?

I think more time needs to be taken training cops to be peace officers... not police. The gun isn't a multi-tool.. It doesn't get pulled out 8x a day any time you feel it's convenient because you don't wanna get the proper tool.

How many safety rules were violated?

Pointed in unsafe direction
Finger on trigger
Not sure of target

I guess a 75% failure rate is a passing grade? Not as bad as TSA, I guess....

Dude didn't even need his pistol out, let alone finger on trigger and pointed at someone...

I get you like to talk a lot of shit, and I've even told a lot of people are aren't that bad for real. I owe you a beer, or hard cider, or something. :cheers2:

Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:35 pm

mislabeled wrote:
mislabeled wrote:

Unicorn wrote:

I don't know what you're referring to here, perhaps I missed something earlier in the thread? If you have a link to a particular post or other discussion, I'd like to see it. You can also use the "report post" feature if you see something that's out of line.

Unicorn wrote:
How about you tell us where you work so we can see about costing them money even though it has zero relation to this.

Again, I'm in the dark on this one.

Unicorn wrote:

Referring to groups of individuals by profession or otherwise is not the same as directly calling another member names. The CoC is fairly clear on that one:

Quote:
1) Respect - We ask all members to respect one another, whether they have earned it or not. Verbal attacks on other members will not be tolerated; we may call each other names in jest, and that is fine, but please do not cross the line to hostility. Disrupting normal, on-topic discussion, inciting arguments or baiting others to do so, engaging in ad hominem attacks during a discussion, or publicly demanding or insinuating that another member should be banned is never acceptable.

Carry on.

This is what I'm talking about.
Quote:
I’ll be sure to never sully your personal space with my cowardly money in your store ever again.

Specifically threatens a business that has nothing to do with any of this because an employee is talking shit to someone. Just because some know me, this is ok? I guess I should just form a second account and hide who I am so nobody can make threats to my, my boss's, and my co-worker's livelyhoods again for personal and unrelated reasons.

Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:38 pm

:bonghit: Because I'm an idiot and somehow hit submit twice.

Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:38 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Unicorn wrote:

This is what I'm talking about.
Quote:
I’ll be sure to never sully your personal space with my cowardly money in your store ever again.

Specifically threatens a business that has nothing to do with any of this because an employee is talking shit to someone. Just because some know me, this is ok? I guess I should just form a second account and hide who I am so nobody can make threats to my, my boss's, and my co-worker's livelyhoods again for personal and unrelated reasons.

Thanks. That was posted after my original comment so how about you both knock it off, mmkay? :thumbsup2:

Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:46 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Last edited by CQBgopher on Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:27 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Unicorn wrote:
mislabeled wrote:

Chester.

I have the utmost respect for you... but this is not the thread that you should fall on a sword for.

If I wasn't broke, I'd be spending more money there. lol.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. I'm not anticop..I'm anti abuse.... anti authoritarianism.. pro liberty... pro citizen... and against preferential treatment...

I've even admitted in a couple threads that I don't think that XYZ was right, but it wasn't wrong either as it was the best decision made at the time with the information available...

I've also posted a couple threads thanking those that I've had a positive interaction with... and given kudos to officers doing the right thing.

This is about a clear a case of negligence as you can get, and I implore you, don't fall on this sword... not this one... choose any one BUT this one....

edit : adding

We all have our quirks..... I know I'm a little different.. I mean... not 'wearing kilts' different.... but I'm working on it... :bigsmile: (I think I'd look good in a kilt, actually)....

I think we should all take a step back, and those of us that disagree come together for a beer and hot wings (or whatever) and talk shit out, and agree to disagree if we have to..

I'll be the first to admit that posting extreme sides of an argument is a lot easier when you type it... and there's a lot of nuance and context in the spoken word that doesn't translate well.... I've gotten into so much trouble with my GF texting her because text doesn't always infer context or emotion.

I'm open to sitting down over a coffee or beer with anyone that disagrees with me, and I'll guarantee at the very worst, we'll agree to disagree and shake hands on the way out....

we are supposed to be on the same team.

really weird that I have 2 people I trust, arguing with each other.... I'm not gonna pick favorites, so you guys figure that shit out... :cheers2:

edit 2: smileys got disabled somehow..

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Last edited by TechnoWeenie on Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:37 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

A little reset might be in order here. :cheers2:

Discuss, analyze, learn.

And a pox on all of you for making me sound like a girl. :wink05:

Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:45 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

L_O_G wrote:
He kept calling her baby? Wife?

Probably not. Being female and being called "baby", "bae", "sugar", "honey" and every other name, either with or without your proper name, is pretty common in the Midwest and South.

I don't know, though, just a guess. If they were more than professional partners, the truth will out.

"If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun."
~Tenzin Gyatso, aka His Holiness the Dalai Lama

"We who are strong have an obligation to bear with the failings of the weak, and not to please ourselves."
~ Romans 15:1

"Ils Ont Les Armes, On Les Emmerde, On A Le Champagne!"~Charlie Hebdo, November 2015

Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:43 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

mislabeled wrote:
A little reset might be in order here. :cheers2:

Discuss, analyze, learn.

And a pox on all of you for making me sound like a girl. :wink05:

Sound like a girl?

What do you identify as?

Wait! I know! I know! :meme:

A Mod Broad!

:bigsmile:

Wait!

Ok, whew! Thanking the stars I got that in the right order. :peep:

How can I help you, and/or make you smile, today?

You are entitled to your opinion. You are not entitled to tell me what mine must be.

Do justice. Love mercy.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” ~ Richard P. Feynman

Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:40 pm
Reply to topic   [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3