Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:43 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 State of the Union may be given in the Senate for first time 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

So while the Democrats are foaming at the mouth today and having seizures right now while threatening to begin impeachment based solely on the words of a known liar and fraud who broke the attorney client privilege but whose realibity for actual investigations is near zero, the Republicans found a solution to Nancy Pelosi breaking 100 years of precedent: have the state of the union in the Senate instead. For those who haven't been following the situation, Pelosi wanted to deny Trump the state of the union speech because when he takes his message to the public it spells trouble for the other side. Last year's speech was very effective. She used the shutdown as an excuse despite HS reporting they we're ready to secure the event.

At this point given how intransigent the dems are I say let's keep the government shut down for another 2 years. People will learn how little government we need. And while some people will be legitimately hurt the overwhelming majority of people affected are the worst kinds of welfare leeches and excess bureaucrats. Food stamps turn off in a few weeks. My guess is Trump knows this and knows the Dems will probably cave in before that happens.

Quote:
“I want to make something clear, I’m going to guarantee you this is not the last you’ve seen of him (Beto),” Biden said Monday evening during a campaign rally in Dallas. “You’re (Beto) going to take care of the gun problem with me. You’re (Beto) going to be the one who leads this effort.”

https://www.newsweek.com/beto-orourke-g ... ns-1465738
Quote:
[Beto O'Rourke Suggests Police Would 'Visit' Homes To Implement Proposed Assault Weapons Ban] "In that case, I think that there would be a visit by law enforcement to recover that firearm... ..."If someone does not turn in an AR-15 or an AK-47, one of these weapons of war...then that weapon will be taken from them"

Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:28 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Alpine wrote:
So while the Democrats are foaming at the mouth today and having seizures right now while threatening to begin impeachment based solely on the words of a known liar and fraud who broke the attorney client privilege but whose realibity for actual investigations is near zero, the Republicans found a solution to Nancy Pelosi breaking 100 years of precedent: have the state of the union in the Senate instead.

At this point given how intransigent the dems are I say let's keep the government shut down for another 2 years. People will learn how little government we need. And while some people will be legitimately hurt the overwhelming majority of people affected are the worst kinds of welfare leeches and excess bureaucrats. Food stamps turn off in a few weeks. My guess is Trump knows this and knows the Dems will probably cave in before that happens.

Good way to convert D's into R's for the 2020 elections.

Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:35 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Alpine wrote:
At this point given how intransigent the dems are I say let's keep the government shut down for another 2 years. People will learn how little government we need.

Exactly. Trump ran on a platform of cutting gov't waste & abuse. What better way to highlight how unnecessarily bloated it has become than to reduce it to only "essential" (still somewhat arbitrary, but I'll go with it) workers/functions for an extended period of time. The vast majority of Americans, who make their livelihood in the private sector, will not be affected in any meaningful way. It will suck for those who are employed by - or suck at the tit of - .gov, but they'll just have to find another way to get on. My guess is that with the boot of government lifted off the neck of the private sector, there will be more jobs available for them to transition into.

But I will say this - we need to revisit what is and what isn't "essential" during these partial shutdowns. This bullshit of ATF not processing Form 1/3/4's is even more infringing than the forms themselves. And why is the Coast Guard considered "non-essential"? Whose bright idea was that?

Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:40 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Love the AM TV news.........interviewed some clowns who have some "concerns" - the shut down will impact the Super Bowl. They used the word "concerns" around 20 times before saying what the actual problem MAY be.

Flights into Atlanta could possibly be slightly delayed. Travesty of Biblical Proportions.

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:48 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Trump really screwed up

He should have cancelled Pelosi's flight AFTER she was over in Afghanistan

Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:39 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

RocketScott wrote:
Trump really screwed up

:rofl9: :bigsmile: :thumbsup2:

Trump should just write the damn thing and give it to Congress just like before.

Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:33 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

They should not have any federal funding for the Superbowl. Let the state/county/city and NFL foot 100% of security and any other costs.

Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:14 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

RocketScott wrote:
Trump really screwed up

Greg Gutfeld talked about that today. Have them fly around for 11 hours and have to go back. Hahaha
Trump should have hired Hillary. She would have killed Nancy Pelosi long ago.

Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:20 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

DONOTBUGME wrote:
They should not have any federal funding for the Superbowl. Let the state/county/city and NFL foot 100% of security and any other costs.

Is there actual direct funding? FBI?

What they were talking about on the boob tube wasn't direct funding, just some hint of airport issues.

Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:22 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The demon rats will do anything they can to try to make this quote-unquote hurt. However they're going to find out pretty fast that very few of Trump's base will be affected by the quote-unquote shutdownand in actuality the vast majority will be welfare parasites that vote Democrat anyway. When the food stamps turn off after a few months of that you might have the crazy lives out riding in the streets demanding impeachment but without 67 votes in the Senate they can pound sand for two years as they learn to feed themselves for the first time in their lives.

Quote:
“I want to make something clear, I’m going to guarantee you this is not the last you’ve seen of him (Beto),” Biden said Monday evening during a campaign rally in Dallas. “You’re (Beto) going to take care of the gun problem with me. You’re (Beto) going to be the one who leads this effort.”

https://www.newsweek.com/beto-orourke-g ... ns-1465738
Quote:
[Beto O'Rourke Suggests Police Would 'Visit' Homes To Implement Proposed Assault Weapons Ban] "In that case, I think that there would be a visit by law enforcement to recover that firearm... ..."If someone does not turn in an AR-15 or an AK-47, one of these weapons of war...then that weapon will be taken from them"

Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:31 pm
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]